10.7 - I Wonder If This Is Going to Make My Fingers Pickle

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

10.7 - I Wonder If This Is Going to Make My Fingers Pickle

Postby miri on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:04 pm

Was it just me or was something awful going on with the sound at first? There was a high pitched whine that was driving me batty.

There was something about the shot of James sitting in the back seat of the car all pouty that they were caught in traffic and holding the model boat that really cracked me up.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby yikes on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:19 pm

What was funnier, Dustin pretty much hitting on Phil when he presented the prize or this:

"Blah blah, I can say whatever the hell I want!" rants Karlyn.

"They say something smart" responds Tyler.
====

Tyler just went from "Meh" to "I think I love you."
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby KenF on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:20 pm

Missed the first half hour as I was at the airport picking up my dad (luckily managed to get the recording taking the overrun into consideration).

I'm getting tired of Alabama's snarkiness. Agree with D&K that Karlyn doesn't have a nice bone in her body, but then again, it's a race.

Another twist next week. How much do you want to make a bet that L&K refuse to work with the Barbies?

Good episode, but if there's a Fast Forward next week and the Cho's help KY get it, I'm going to Elvis my TV.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby leew261 on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:20 pm

Dammit, why couldn't this have been an elimination? I'm so ready for Kentucky to be gone.

All of the teams except the Chos seemed extra bitchy tonight. I guess KF is taking hold.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby rockhpi on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:23 pm

HO LEE CRAP. I was so convinced Dave and Mary were done. There was a quote they played in the middle of the show of Mary saying "We dont blame 'Bama or the Cho Brothers..." as if it was about the task, but sounded suspiciously as if it were clipped from an exit interview. So happy for them!

"Booketing!" Ha!! I think the show should just go exclusively to hard-to-pronounce locales, just for the pure joy of hearing teams try to say it.

I love how we just cut from Kuwait to Mauritius as if it were nothing-that had to be one LONG ASS ride via London!

What's the Intersection next week?
I'm intrigued.

Good tasks this week.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby Giuseppe on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:24 pm

Good episode, but if there's a Fast Forward next week and the Cho's help KY get it, I'm going to Elvis my TV.

Thankfully this can't happen because Kentucky's plum out of fast forwards now. They'll have to come in first place all on their own.
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:25 pm

Dammit, why couldn't this have been an elimination? I'm so ready for Kentucky to be gone

Same. Save for TAR6, there are usually only 5 teams remaining at this point of the race. Not that I dislike them, but it's sad to see them in this position. And this time there's no FF to save them (not that there will be one anyway next week). As for the Cho's helping them with what won't work this time, they would probably have to claim the FF and then sit on the FF and hope David/Mary dominate the next leg.
Last edited by SeaBreeze341 on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby Loraxe on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:27 pm

and the Roadblock was what now?

THere were some good lines, but Mary with the lifejacket beats them all.
Loraxe
fast forwarding

Postby miri on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:35 pm

I think the roadblock was cut - the one clue they showed was very blurred out. Made me think they were cutting stuff from the episode.
miri

Postby Tris on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:35 pm

Intersection. Hmmm...sounds interesting!

I'm fairly happy that Kentucky isn't gone. True, Mary is whiny but she's very entertaining. I'm not ready for them to go yet.

Get Rob and Kim off my TV, pronto!
(Rob and Kim's theme song!)
Tris
taking a detour

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:37 pm

I feel bad to KY that we weren't eliminated this week, because if they had been it would have been their own fault for making a wrong turn, not 'bama stabbing them in the back. At least bama understands it is a race amd the Chos somewhat do to, whereas Mary is way to loyal and that is going be Kys' downfall. Bama seems to use the backpack to their advantage and ditches it whenever they are ahead. The BQs' were awesome this week, getting in wreck, doing everything own their own and still coming in first, great job ladies. The scooters seems to be the perfect prize for them, like the exercise equipment was for Peter & Sarah, I woner if the prizes were predeterimed? I liked the models better, but they are still no goats.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby Chamo on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:39 pm

Having lived in southern Indiana just across the Ohio River from Kentucky, I encountered that most folk from down there don't travel to other parts of the country even less travel abroad.

I am happy KY made it to see another day. In the end they may not win, but for KY the Race is a life changing experience. And to me it's a joy to see.
Last edited by Chamo on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chamo
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby DariaG on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:39 pm

There was a Mauritius spoiler that described something we didn't see. That could have been the roadblock, or it could be something we see next week.

The six-pack, back pack, whatever alliance is a bit too impractical for my tastes. And I still think the Cho brothers know they could outrace the other two teams 9 times out of 10.

I'm loving the BQs and the models more than ever, but the models really do have an unfortunate tendency to get lost.

This was not an Emmy-quality episode. Not that much happened.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby Tribefan on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:52 pm

There was something about the shot of James sitting in the back seat of the car all pouty that they were caught in traffic and holding the model boat that really cracked me up.

HA! I thought the same thing, miri. "Look at him sitting there clutching his toy boat!" (Say that fast, 10 times.)
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby rockhpi on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:57 pm

It's not something I'd normally complain about, but did we notice how many times the camera was pointed straight at Dustin's butt? It's a lovely natural phenomenon but a little subtlety, please. I'm waiting for their interview camera to dip down to their boobs and quickly dart back up to their eyes when it's busted.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Next

Return to Past Seasons