10.6 - Maybe Steven Segal Will See Me and ...

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

10.6 - Maybe Steven Segal Will See Me and ...

Postby miri on Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:56 pm

Discuss

I want a grand mask! And towers that tower.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Abiz on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:00 pm

I understand they were having problems and that Peter was an ass, but saying someone has no kindness on national television while said person is standing there? Cruel.

OTOH, once again he was shown resting and lounging while she was doing the crazy physical roadblocks.

The 'win brothers really took a chance there. I hope Mary and David get the chance to repay them.
Last edited by Abiz on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby leew261 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:01 pm

Hallelujah! Jackass has been eliminated. And Sarah wised up -- good for her.

I can't believe the Cho's let David and Mary have the fast forward. It might have been a nice thing to do, but it was a dumb racing move.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby KenF on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:06 pm

So glad to see Peter gone. He's taking the credit for finding stuff and remember when she tried to give encouragement to him during one of the roadblocks, he told her to shut up? Not the way to be a gracious teammate.

And he finally looked surprised when Sarah said Peter wasn't caring and nurturing. About time after all of the smug looks he gave. I think Sarah had had it and when asked, she wasn't going to hold back. I can't blame her.

The Cho's took a risk and it paid off for them. I do hope Dave & Mary repay them down the line. Fantastic stuff today.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:10 pm

The *wins might just have a great strategy, keep the two weekest teams in the race to the final legs and crush them in the end. Where was Peters cookie and cold drink while she was climbing the tower? Mary you might just get your wish, Steven Segals next straight to video release will surely be low budget and you might be all he can afford to be the leading lady. The recovering models have big troubles when it comes to map reading and following directions, they need to start get Ferns to help them. Theditor seem to be showing less and of Rob & kims fighting. How big will his beard be if they make the finals? I'd let my beard grow on the race, saving some weight in my pack by not bringing razers and shaving cream along. I have no problems with Sarah calling Peter cruel, he might have been worse off camera, and he was bad on camera.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby cutecouple on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:11 pm

I guess that Sarah 'won' by outing Peter. I guess their relationship unraveled somewhere during the race but they kept racing anyway. They must have gotten horrifically lost - it looked like they were at least 8 hours behind David and Mary, who got the gift of all tiime from the Cho's.

And I too am wondering what the Cho's are doing. Helping weaker teams stay with you is an interesting strategy, but it can backfire violently. I suspect they came up with too many complex strategies.

Interesting leg overall - lots of navigational difficulties, and a pretty wide spread at the end.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby rockhpi on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:12 pm

Very glad for Mary and David! We have GOT to see film of them on the resort trip they won. The Chos don't race very smart, but at least it was one of the back-packers that benefitted this time.

Even though Peter was an ass, I was sorry to see them eliminated. Just as I was finding Sarah very cute! What a surprise though! I really didn't see that one coming.

Call me an old softie, but I love it when a team thinks they're eliminated and Phil puts on the serious face, and then they hear they're still in it - that moment of relief always makes me smile ear to ear.

Now Go Tigers!
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby DariaG on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:15 pm

What made me happiest about this episode was David and Mary winning a trip. They'll certainly appreciate it.

And I don't have a problem with what Sarah said at the mat. Yeah, he was standing right there, but most people treat their goldfish better than he treated her during the race. No point in holding back, IMO.

Also, all of the other teams were better at asking directions, and doing it sooner. So as I see it, Peter and Sarah were eliminated for not asking directions until it was too late. I think if they'd been asking directions and getting bad advice or being confused, we'd have seen it, like we did with Tyler and James.

The FF, roadblock, and the camel jockey tasks were pretty interesting. The bags of rocks were boring, though. Yeah, there was a screw-up possibility, as we saw, but I think this is the first time this season I would have preferred a "find the clue amongst 80,000 identical bits of nonsense" type of task.

Anyway, I'm happy with the outcome. Sarah wasn't my favorite contestant by any stretch of the imagination, but Peter was beyond dreadful.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby AnneH on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:20 pm

Boring tasks but a very satisfying show since my favourite team are in the first and my least favourite team is gone!

I usually hate most of the teams by now, but only Rob and Kimberley annoy me right now. The Chos are stupid though - RACE!
AnneH
bunched

Postby PatentlyTAR on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:24 pm

I think the Cho's are not thinking necessarily about winning the race, but more about their image post race. If you act like a camel's behind on national television, then your next job interview, your next date or the next airplane ride with a curious stranger is going to be more unpleasant.

If you act the way the Cho's act, then if I am consider them for a job, they will be hired immediately. If they ask a girl out on a date, she will start off with a good impression and people who have seen them on TV will likely treat them well. Their actions may not yield them a victory in the amazing race, but it may yield them many victories in life post race.

If I was racing, I hope I could emulate their model.
PatentlyTAR
yielded

Postby leew261 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:28 pm

I think there is a line between treating others on the race kindly and undermining your own chances by being too nice. I think the Chos crossed that line tonight. I still like them, but I am beginning to wonder if they have what it's going to take the win the race.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby Giuseppe on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:30 pm

Of course Dave always wanted to be a firefighter. God love him :)

I just knew Peter and Sarah would make it to the final three and I am glad to be proved wrong. She really punched him in the gut, though, with that unkind remark at the mat. Not even Peter could hear that and not get his feelings somewhat hurt.

Erwin and Godwin...such sweet guys. I just like them so much.
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby Bart Ender on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:33 pm

I got confused flipping back and forth between the Tigers game (GO TIGERS!) and TAR, so when the Recovering Models were lost, and Peter and Sarah were lost, I forgot that the Models had found the bead stall, and P&S hadn't.
Bart Ender
fast forwarding

Postby theschnauzers on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:34 pm

Was it my imagination or did Peter and Sarah get the "pity" clue directing them to the pit stop? There's no indication they ever started either detour task. And how many seasons has it been since we've actually seen one of those?

Anyhow, it's clear that several of the teams had problems with getting navigational help from the locals. That seemed to be the problem Tyler and James were having once they completed the roadblock.
Last edited by theschnauzers on Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby rabrab on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:39 pm

I don't think that the Cho Bros are really all that invested in winning the Race. I think we're seeing that rare bird, a team with both members in it for the experience, not the money. I not only like them, I like their parents, too (or grandparents or whoever raised them.)

As to Sarah saying that Peter "isn't kind" to me that's a bit different than calling him cruel. I think there's a big grey zone between "kind" and "cruel" and he falls into it. From what I've seen, I'd put him in the thoughtless/self-absorbed area.

And I was really glad to see David and Mary get a nice trip. Jamaica looks beautiful.
And yes, Peter and Sarah got the pity clue. Hint: when you get the pity clue? it's not a non-elimination, Sarah. It's euthanasia: they're putting you out of their misery.
rabrab
TARfly

Next

Return to Past Seasons