**********TAR11 Spoilers (Enter at your own risk)**********

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Postby theschnauzers on Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:53 pm

When the concern about possible cancellation came up last summer, I did check with a certain source, who advised to watch and see how the ratings looked for the first two weeks or so of TAR 10; in the meantime, TAR won that fourth Emmy in a row, and the ratings were improved over last year in the new time slot.

The season 12 applications would not have been posted unless renewal was likely; of course, at the time no one knew season 11 would be All-Stars, so the result is that the casting folks will have a much wider net to cast with for season 12. What also point towards season 12 is the size of the increased ratings -- the increasr over the TAR 9 finale, even over last week's TAR 10 ratings was substantial; while the absence of CBS NFL overruns will not be present for season 11, neither will NBC's Sunday night NFL game, so overall, I believe TAR will benefit more than hurt in the non-football Sunday night environment.

If CBS is putting TAR 11 on Sunday nights, it needs to be a long-term commitment that TAR will be kept on Sunday nights. I've felt for a long time that the lack of consistent time scheduling has not helped the show build an auidence. And I am sure that the constant promotion of the finale several times a hour in primetime and on Sunday before the the finale aired helped the final numbers a lot.
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby miri on Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:17 pm

Chamo wrote:
M. Darcy wrote: I know! Ask DariaG -- when that promo ran and showed Ken and Gerald and the Clowns, I was livid. That was wrong on so many levels.

Frankly I don't understand all the fuzz. CBS provided a unique lifetime opportunity. Applicants voluntered for the experience and signed their approval. After all CBS has to create some excitement and buzz about the AllStar edition.

And they are doing that via false advertising. They are showed popular teams in the adverts because they knew it would create buzz and yet, they never had plans to include said teams on the show. That's called a bait and switch and it's as nasty when a netword does it as when a car dealer does it. "Hey, that model we advertised at a great price just to get you into the dealership? Well, we don't have that one in stock. Never did. How about this horribly over-priced one?"
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby mr mojo on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:39 pm

I thought TAR was in danger during TAR9 because that season was boring and the ratings sucked. TAR10 was pretty good (except for the finale) and the ratings reflected that. If Survivor and Big Brother can run for millions of years on CBS, so could this show.
mr mojo
bunched

Postby miri on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:47 pm

TAR costs more to produce than BB or Survivor, so it needs to bring in more $ to break even.
miri

Postby KenF on Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:03 pm

Thanks to GSN, I got to catch up on the TAR's I missed and grew to love Ken/Gerard and the Clowns as much as you all. I would have loved to see them in TAR 11, but I guess we'll have to settle for their commentary rather than watch them.

Yeah, we're passionate about the teams we like and dislike. I can understand the Romber hate, but I'm in the minority as I actually like them. Same for Charla and Mirna, but totally understand the hate there upon re-watching that edition.

I'm not too happy over the use of Ken/Gerard and the Clowns to promote this new edition because we know that they're not in this one. If there's ever another AS (God forbid), maybe CBS can right the first wrong, but having an AS to begin with is wrong IMO.

But not all of us agree and that's what helps to make the world go 'round. I'll shut up now. LOL.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby Trista on Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:44 am

Well after looking at the spoilers, here's what I have to say:

Sucks that Romber won't be around as long. To me Rob is one of the most entertaining reality TV stars and to not see as much of their goodness (evil in other's eyes) is depressing to me.

It's made up for by 3 teams I LOVE in the final 5-Charla/Mirna, BQ's, and Cha Cha Cha. Eric/Danielle, meh. Not a lot of personality there but it's nice to see them do well. And don't get me started on Uchenna/Joyce. Ugh. While I respect the woman for shaving her head, aligning with Lynn/Alex was a turn-off from me liking a team.

I just really hope we don't have as many NEL's and that Kentucky go first. It isn't All-Stars when you had a team from an alliance known as the Back Pack!
Trista
at the start line

Postby Kanuck on Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:53 pm

Moved from another thread:

Babalu wrote:I gotcher spoilers! Spoilers here! Hot off the plane!

My sister called me this morning (just before 9:00 Hawai'ii time). She's a flight attendant on Air Micronesia and said that a "bunch" of TAR All-Stars teams were on her flight from Guam to Honolulu. She was calling me from the plane, which had just landed.

She's not quite as rabid a TAR fan as I am, so she's not sure about all the teams, but here's what I know so far. She's coming over later on to look at the CBS web site for each season to see if she recognizes anybody else.

Based on what she told me and what I'd heard before, I think these are the second (later) group of sequestered teams.

On the flight:

Guidos (to whom she served drinks, as in alcohol, which she thought was strange when they were racing but then agreed when I said I thought they'd already been eliminated and were on their way to the finish line)

Uchenna/Joyce - Joyce was sitting up/not trying to sleep as she might be expected to do if they were still racing and she needed to get as much sleep as possible during down times. My sister asked Uchenna if there was anything she could do for him, and he in turn asked her if there was anything he could do for her like "give her an autograph." She somehow had the occasion to mention this to what she said was another team:

Ryan and Peter - I have no idea who this was. Kathy (sister) thinks is was a team but her description of them didn't sound familiar to me (tall/thin/blond + shorter/blondish). They said they'd been flying for a month and weren't supposed to acknowledge anything (like Uchenna had done when he'd offered an autograph, although obviously my sister knew who he was)

Allison and her boyfriend - I knew this couldn't really be Allison (Big Brother and TAR), so I got a description and I think it's Eric and Dani.

Danny/Oswald

Kevin and Drew, she THINKS

No female-only teams

Miscellaneous:

The flight was delayed, and nobody seemed upset about it.

They'd stayed at Anderson Air Force Base on Guam - had gotten in the previous morning and left the following day. I think they were probably on their way from Sequesterville location #2 somewhere in Asia, but that's just speculation.

No Rob/Amber or Teri/Ian or Dave/Mary on the flight as far as my sister could tell.

Does this mean that Mirna/Charla and the Beauty Queens are in the top 3? Who would be the 3rd team? Maybe one team was missed at the sighting in Malaysia because of a fast forward or something?
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby KenF on Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:02 pm

That's good stuff. Definitely sounds like Sequestersville, but as mentioned in the other thread, who could Ryan/Peter be?
KenF
taking a detour

Postby Big Slick on Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:04 pm

That is puzzling to me.
Usually, the fourth place team doesn't go to sequesterville.
But there are two (possibly three--I'm thinking Allison and her boyfriend might be JVJ) of the top five teams on that list.
Interesting to see how it plays out!!!
Maybe they race through the location of sequester?
That would be really clever on the part of production--because it would prevent the final-three spoilage.

ETA: If it were all the losing teams, that would make the top three Charla & Mirna, Dustin & Kandice, and Eric & Danielle. (Again, this is assuming Allison and boyfriend are JVJ.)
Big Slick
TARfly

Postby DariaG on Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:10 pm

Over on Sucks, which got the spoiler from here, they are speculating that the "Eric/Danielle" team is either JVJ or Kris/Jon. I think the latter is somewhat more likely, since they were pretty strong racers. So the final 3 would be D/K, C/M, and E/D. I wish the Chas were in there, but this will be a really interesting finale, for sure!
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby corkystclair on Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:18 pm

WOO! Good spoilers, babalu! Thank you!

Wow. Could this be our first top three with two all-female teams? I freaking LOVE Charla. I'd do cartwheels if she won.

And whoa. Can you imagine Jeremy's reaction if Eric ended up winning the Race this time, without him? Eep!
corkystclair
gal friday & clay maniac

Postby Babalu on Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:47 pm

I asked Kathy if the "Allison" team was JVJ, and she didn't think it was. Her description of the teams makes me think it wasn't Kris/Jon, either (she said the woman was blonde and the guy was dark, but not tall like John Vito), so that's why I think it was Eric/Danielle. I'll post more after she comes over here and eyeballs the team photos.
Babalu
gal friday & chief lei person

Postby Kanuck on Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:49 pm

DariaG wrote:Over on Sucks, which got the spoiler from here, they are speculating that the "Eric/Danielle" team is either JVJ or Kris/Jon. I think the latter is somewhat more likely, since they were pretty strong racers. So the final 3 would be D/K, C/M, and E/D. I wish the Chas were in there, but this will be a really interesting finale, for sure!

I just took another look at the Malaysian pictures, and I really don't think that that is either JVJ or Kris/Jon. I think it's fairly well established that JVJ are on the race, but I don't think we've had any evidence that K/J are racing. If you look at that Malaysian picture, it looks much more like Eric (and his receding hairline) than like JV or Kris.
Kanuck

Postby theschnauzers on Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:00 pm

I'll wait to really comment until Babalu's sister can confirm some of her identifications, but (1) isn't this the first eyeball sighting of Uchenna/Joyce? and (2) isn't thie the largest group of eliminated Racers ever spotted and reported?

Either way a major, major spoiler report; good job Babalu and sister!
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby miri on Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:21 pm

I just took another look at the Malaysian pictures, and I really don't think that that is either JVJ or Kris/Jon. I think it's fairly well established that JVJ are on the race, but I don't think we've had any evidence that K/J are racing. If you look at that Malaysian picture, it looks much more like Eric (and his receding hairline) than like JV or Kris.

If you look a few pages later (I'm not sure exactly where, I can find it when I'm home tonight), there's a close-up of that one team that removes any doubt that it was Eric and Danielle that was seen and photographed coming down the steps.
miri

PreviousNext

Return to Past Seasons