10.5 - I Covered His Mouth, Oh My Gosh!

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

10.5 - I Covered His Mouth, Oh My Gosh!

Postby miri on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:20 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby vinzanity on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:21 pm

Lol I was gonna start a topic on this, u beat me to it. :P

Wow, what an ending! How did Phil call it again? It was "something elimination"...
vinzanity
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby KenF on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:24 pm

OMG! What a twist! NEL, but Dave and Mary can keep their money and their possessions, but must finish first in order to avoid elimination. That's a true twist. I was expecting Phil to take the money and coins, the backpacks and everything else but instead Kentucky got to keep it all.

And what is with Peter? Sarah is trying to get him to slow down yet he's still eating away and not realizing his relationship with her is withering away right in front of the cameras. He's such an idiot. I now have put Peter right up there with Flo and Jonathan as Most Despised Racers. What a jerk.

And Rob was more subdued in this episode and actually became likeable, if that's possible.

Overall, another excellent episode. Can't wait for next week.

I'm still in shock over the new twist. Marked for Philimination. I like it. And we may have a new definition for the Glossary.
Last edited by KenF on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby rockhpi on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:25 pm

Wow! Great episode! I did get a little impatient to get out of the airports (though it was certainly important).

SO HAPPY about the non-elim and I think the new policy replacing mugging is fair. 30 mins might not be bad-tonight I'm sure the last place team was way more than 30 mins back. Smack the Cho brothers for their cell phone stunt and for blabbing about their earlier flight.

Peter just gets more detestable. Congrats to Rob and Kimberly for reining in the bickering - India can't be the best place to accomplish that.

Ever notice that when Peter hugs Sarah he smashes her face in his armpit? I bet that wasn't exactly a breath of ol' Ireland.

Fantastic season so far.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:26 pm

I am glad there wasn't a mugging at the end of the race, begging in India would have been just wrong. The 30 minute time penalty will be hard to overcome, if there is a FF M&D will be going for it. The fake cell phone was great, I am liking E&G more and more. I wanted Peterto choke as he was eating the cookies and saying how much he liked himself, I bet he doesn't like himself so much as the race has been airing. Althought he seems to be the type to blame the editors. Sarahs' running makes me think of Terry Fox. Kim reveled herself to be the second coming of Kendra
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby Tris on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:27 pm

I did the Happy Dance when I learned it was NEL. (I love Dave and Mary!) Nice twist with the "marked for elimination" item. I like it as a one-time thing, but I hope it isn't overused-things like this get old fast. Next leg; Lyn and Karlyn and the Cho Bros block the next Pit Stop until Dave and Mary arrive! (Hey, I can dream.)

Kimberly has officially reached "ugly American" status with me. I hate her comments, and if it weren't for Peter The Annoying Jackass Idiot, [subliminal message]DUMP HIM SARAH! NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME![/subliminal message] Kim would be most despised. Kim recieves the Princess Kendra Neon Pink Muzzle of Silence, for those of you who read the RNO Mazies column (before they discontinued it, argh!)

PS: How many hours did the CBS editors have to work editing out all the Steve Irwin references?
Last edited by Tris on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tris
taking a detour

Postby KenF on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:28 pm

Northwoods101 wrote: Kim reveled herself to be the second coming of Kendra

I'm with you. When I heard the comments, "I want to be in Europe," and "I'd rather be with the rich people," I immediately harkened back to Kendra's racist comments about "Ghetto Africa" and breeding. Any sympathy points Kim had went right out the window.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby cutecouple on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:33 pm

"Marked for Philimination" - it's a little more dignified. Yay to no mugging! Mary & David have their work cut out for them - if there isn't a FF, I don't know how they'll make up and keep a lead. Traveling to another country should help though with the natural bunching that that imposes. That said, they should have bald snarked and done the crocodile. I like them, but their race decision making skills are iffy.

Speaking of which, way to go *wins! Instead of playing with a fake phone, they should have gotten a real phone, and done some real ticket hunting. Instead, you set everyone else in motion, and ended up in the middle of the pack. (And those t-shirts - if that isn't a giveaway for being on the Amazing Race, I don't know what is.) At least you and the *lyns ditched the street painting for the crocs. Can't say the same for the models - they got really lucky.

Rob & Kimberly - they got the soft edit this time. Not so Peter & Sarah; he's definitely getting the jerk edit big time.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby leew261 on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:34 pm

I like the change in the non-elim rule -- I think the time penalty is more interesting and challenging than the mugging. Even though I knew this would be a non-elim, I was hoping against hope that it wouldn't be, cause I'm so ready for David and Mary to be eliminated. They bug the hell out of me. And it cannot be said enough -- Peter is king of the jackasses.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby DariaG on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:35 pm

I completely had the same thought about Kim and Kendra. Yet she and Rob don't bug me as much as Kendra and whatsisname did. They do bug, though.

The beauty queens really aren't playing it right, in that short, temporary alliances can be quite helpful. The best teams usually play it that way.

Peter is a narcissist, and not very bright. He has yet to show any sensitivity to Sarah's blown-out leg.

Tonight, Mary bugged. David had a good sense that they should be picking up speed, and he was right.

I like the 30-minute penalty at the next pit stop for a number of reasons. First, it replaces the idiotic mugging. Second, it doesn't give them time at the beginning of the next leg, when they could use the time to sleep in a bit or plan on bunching. Third, it doesn't automatically eliminate them at the next leg, but it adds a time penalty at the very juncture they can least afford it. That's assuming they don't come in first, that is.

This episode had a bit too much time at airports, but the tasks were good and the team interactions were interesting, as well. Not an Emmy-quality episode, but better than most other TV, as TAR usually is.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby vinzanity on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:36 pm

KenF wrote:
Northwoods101 wrote: Kim reveled herself to be the second coming of Kendra

I'm with you. When I heard the comments, "I want to be in Europe," and "I'd rather be with the rich people," I immediately harkened back to Kendra's racist comments about "Ghetto Africa" and breeding. Any sympathy points Kim had went right out the window.

That actually reminded me when Double D from season 9 despised Russia so much that they were still complaining it on the Finish line months after the race was over.
vinzanity

Postby Devichan on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:38 pm

So bets on whether they have to drive themselves somewhere next leg? I'm thinking yes!
Devichan

Postby vinzanity on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:40 pm

Well, obviously by Phil telling David and Mary that they get to keep all their money, it's no surprise that they'll most likely have to get a cab at the start of the leg and drive to a destination to find the next route marker...

and it pretty much guarantees that they'll be staying in India next leg as well, cuz on prior seasons after a team gets mugged, they'd be leaving the country so teams didn't necessarily need a lot of money on that leg as airplane tickets are provided free of charge.

edited by miri - no need to post twice in a row. If you need to add something to your post, simply edit it.
vinzanity

Postby Mama Tiger on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:43 pm

You know, I don't think I've ever seen someone eat arrogantly before. Peter really is a piece of work, isn't he? The way he was ordering Sarah to put the rubber band on the croc's mouth? Papa T. suggested she wrap it around his neck and pull tight.

This was a good episode. I wish we could have seen more of the driving school teacher. "Don't drink and drive!"

The Alabama moms haven't had any fun at all yet, have they?
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:01 pm

[quote]and it pretty much guarantees that they'll be staying in India next leg as well,[/quote] Not nessarily
I'd said more by I don't want to spoil anything and I couldn't get my text to go white. Stupid obsolete computer.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Next

Return to Past Seasons