10.2 - Can Horses Smell Fear?

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

10.2 - Can Horses Smell Fear?

Postby miri on Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:57 pm

Discuss!
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby leew261 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:03 pm

On the positive side: Mongolia -- what a cool location! And tonight's tasks were awesome.

On the negative side: I'm not having an overwhelmingly positive feeling about any of these teams yet.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby yikes on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:12 pm

Dude! Babe! Camels! OXEN!

Is it me, or did that almost feel like early season TAR? I LOOOOOVED this ep.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby rockhpi on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:16 pm

I'm growing more positive about the coal mining team..."We've never met any gays before, but buddy I like 'em!" That was the cutest thing ever lol.

Teams losing points with me: Anyone who wept. Extra points lost for the bickering dark-haired couple.

I didn't care for the watch-the-dance-and-get-a-clue task. It's really not a task...but the detour and roadblock were good.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby Ryan DeMaster on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:16 pm

So, to recap, we had: pwnage by old Soviet military jeeps, pwnage by horses, pwnage by indigenous Mongolian animals, pwnage by human stupidity, Snarking, double Snarking, Peter & Sarah win, and pwnage by FLAMING ARROWS~.

WHAT AN EPISODE.

THAT is why I'm a fan of this show.
Ryan DeMaster
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby PButtercup on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:18 pm

Loved Mongolia, did not love people screaming at each other. What could be better than flaming arrows and funny hats?
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby PatentlyTAR on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:20 pm

I loved the tasks (and I also loved the coal mining team). I wish that all the teams had been timed to shoot the flaming arrows at night (it would have been much cooler visuals and made the task that much harder). I just hope her ankle doesn't knock them out.
PatentlyTAR
yielded

Postby leew261 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:20 pm

What's pwnage?
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby yikes on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:22 pm

PButtercup wrote:What could be better than flaming arrows and funny hats?

An Ox. A Runaway Ox. Somewhere out there Colin is saying "I feel this team's pain."

For flaming arrows for flaming gays.

I wasn't going to say it, so thank you for saying it for me. I went straight to hell when watching that moment.

Elise said we would like this season. I now completely heart her.
Last edited by yikes on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby Bart Ender on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:24 pm

For showing me part of an awesome culture that I hadn't really been exposed to before.

For awesome tasks that related to the culture of an unknown place.

For great casting - not perfect, but the team I hated the most got knocked out, and there seems to be some foreshadowing that Sarah and Kimberley will dish out to Peter and Rob.

For models and beauty queens that seem like real people.

For flaming arrows for flaming gays.

For Ferns - Mongolian Fern and Lyn and Karlyn's "Angel" Fern.

For folks who have never met and hung out with Asians and gays to be completely cool with their Asian and gay competitors, and not once mentioning "Jesus" when talking about it.

For camels, yaks, and horses.

For costumes.

For a detour description that mentions "packing" the tent, allowing me to shout out, "I'M PACKING IT!".

For editors that show a face shot of a camel, bring the music down to a mute, and then insert a camel snoot.

THIS is why I love this show.

ETA: Ryan Demaster, get out of my head. And also,

For runaway oxen.
Last edited by Bart Ender on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bart Ender
fast forwarding

Postby PButtercup on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:26 pm

yikes wrote:An Ox. A Runaway Ox. Somewhere out there Colin is saying "I feel this team's pain."

Heh, true.
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby KenF on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:27 pm

From a definiion in http://www.urbandictionary.com:

pwned

MEANING:
The past tense of the word "pwn," which means "to kick the ass of (an opponent)."

Probably the best definition I can find.

As far as the tasks were concerned, "Fill It Up" was tough, but so was "Fold It up". The cheerleaders got into trouble and that's was their downfall. Rob and Kimberly are like so many other teams who argue. They may do well early, but there will be some mistake that will be their downfall (see Jonathan and Victoria, Ray and Deana, Hayden and Aaron).

David and Mary are funny in their own way, but her stares when he does something wrong are just painful to watch. Maybe it's because I've seen that look from my mom. LOL.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby miri on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:37 pm

Bart Ender wrote:For a detour description that mentions "packing" the tent, allowing me to shout out, "I'M PACKING IT!".

Two weeks in a row I got to yell that - I yelled it as soon as they showed the bricks last week.
miri

Postby rabrab on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:40 pm

Oh, ghod. Getting to Mongolia just moved way, waaaaayyyy up on my NOW list, right behind learning to ride well enough that I could go horseback riding while I'm there...

And I want the greeter's coat.

I'm so glad that Mongolia didn't get the India treatment and come off looking like some kind of remote awful hellhole.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:08 pm

Ping, ping, ping, Peter has set off my gaydar, I hate how patronizing he is to Sarah. Hate, hate, Hate Rob & Kim all they do is fight. Mario & Luigi are going to miss the cheerleaders, they aren't going to learn any new cheers now. I have a feeling the beauty queens are going to be the villians of this season, after years of backstabbing at pagents they have the potential of being great villians. I was thinking they were plotting on stealling another teams' helmet. Lyn & Karen are just too defeatist for me to like, their mantra is "I can't do it" Loved Mongolia, I wished they would haved play some Huun-Huur-Tu during this eposide. Huun-Huur-Tu are a Band who are Throatsinger and are completely amazing if they ever come to your town they are a must see. I think I am in the minority but I'd like to see the Moms gone next, for being defeatest and not trying to help the other teams, because I thinked they'd be the first to scream bloody murder if another team didn't stop to help them. Sorry the cheerleaders did nothing to dispell the myth of cheerleaders being dumb. Totally liking Duke & Lauren and the Cho Brothers. Kentucky husband even sound like Cletus the slack jawed yokel!

Edited to recommend the movie "Ghensis(sp) Blues" it is on netflicks, at lots of libraries and IFC used to play it. An incredible true story of a Blind San Fransico Street person who heard throat singing, learned to throat sing and was invitied to Mongolia to perform in their annual Throat singing competition. They show lots of Mongolian culture and its such an inspiring story. What is truely amazing is how the blind man learned Tuvian(Mongolian) he had to first learn Russian because the only brail dictionary to Tuvian was Russian to Tuvian!
Last edited by Northwoods101 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Next

Return to Past Seasons