**********TAR10 Spoilers (Enter at your own risk)**********

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Postby theamazingracer on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:45 pm

GeeMan wrote:As I recall, on previous shows, there is a hold on all teams at the airport until all teams have cleared customs. That is why you always see all of the teams running out of the airport toward whatever transportation is available together.

Did this rule start because of what happened in Ho Chi Minh City with Flo and Zach during Season 3? It wasn't in place before then.

Edited: Because I'm stupid, I failed to realise that Aruba could be used as the intermediate location regardless of it's independence, since Holland would count as the missing country.
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby theamazingracer on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:26 am

DariaG wrote:they had to cancel the real roadblock and throw in that silly fountain thing instead

Any idea what the real roadblock is?

I just went spoilerhunting, and I saw a spoiler for Aruba, but none of the others.
Thus:
1. China
2. Mongolia
3. Vietnam/New Zealand (we never did work out which comes first)
4. Vietnam/New Zealand (see above)
5. Kuwait
6. Mauritius
7. Madagascar
8. Finland
9. Belarus
10. Spain
11. France
12. Aruba/USA
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby KenF on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:09 pm

Went through this entire folder. I've been watching the old TAR's to get ready for the new season and reading this entire thread has been a joy. Love the photos and vids. Thanks to all who figured this out.

Been a while since I've posted here. Great job everyone!
KenF
taking a detour

Postby OneAnne on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:25 pm

You can actually see most of Gasworks Park from the conference rooms on the other side of the building from where my office is... everytime I go into a meeting I find myself starting out the window wondering "is it time yet?"
OneAnne
bunched

Postby DuchessKitty on Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:51 pm

OneAnne wrote:You can actually see most of Gasworks Park from the conference rooms on the other side of the building from where my office is... everytime I go into a meeting I find myself starting out the window wondering "is it time yet?"
I live near Gasworks, and when I'm walking the dog each night I get excited too.

I'm still floored at how many spoilers there've been this season.
DuchessKitty
at the start line

Postby OneAnne on Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:50 am

Hey there DKitty - have we had the most beautiful summer or what? I finally had a chance to go to cbs.com to look at The Amazing Race site and realized that the team photo was shot at Hamilton Viewpoint, not Gasworks Park. So this weekend I went up there (it's a mile or so from where I live) with a copy of the photo and stood in the spot the photgrapher stood. Probably as close as I'll ever come to being on the race...
OneAnne
bunched

Postby DuchessKitty on Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:26 pm

OneAnne wrote:Hey there DKitty - have we had the most beautiful summer or what? I finally had a chance to go to cbs.com to look at The Amazing Race site and realized that the team photo was shot at Hamilton Viewpoint, not Gasworks Park. So this weekend I went up there (it's a mile or so from where I live) with a copy of the photo and stood in the spot the photgrapher stood. Probably as close as I'll ever come to being on the race...
I'm familiar with Hamilton Viewpoint; I was just there the other day.
DuchessKitty
at the start line

Postby theamazingracer on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:35 pm

I was just thinking: The last few seasons have all gone somewhere within days of a major festival to save costs (7's Camel Carts, the Monkey Festival last season, etc.). So I went to find out what festivals were on at the time ther race was run. There was one at the start of July in Mongolia...
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby SVNBob on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:13 am

The last few seasons have all gone somewhere within days of a major festival to save costs
I just thought of another reason for doing this.

It's highly likely that at these major festivals that TAR just misses that the odds of seeing a camera crew and/or random pairs of Americans are higher than other times of the year, and thus somewhat less likely to be associated with TAR. In simpler terms, spoiler beaters.

It's entirely possible that every major non-Canadian debunked spoiler with photo evidence is of this nature.
SVNBob
road blocked

Postby theamazingracer on Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:40 pm

But, in theory, there would also be more people who knew what the red-and-yellow flags are for, though.

Also, regarding the flags: Are those ugly yellow things coming back for Vietnam this season?
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby Big Slick on Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:55 pm

The Spanish flag is red and yellow, too. Maybe they'll just go w/ a different scheme the whole way through . . .
Big Slick
TARfly

Postby rabrab on Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:29 pm

I doubt that they'll change it on account of Spain, though. The Spanish flag is a yellow stripe between two red ones, charged with a coat of arms. The color pattern is the opposite of the TAR flag.

The reason they gave for changing it to all yellow for the Vietnam leg in 3 was that the old South Vietnamese flag was three thin red stripes on yellow, but that flag was replaced by the North Vietnamese flag when North Vietnam finally took control of the South. And there are South Vietnamese who aren't terribly happy about either the take-over or the change in flag. So TAR putting banners in the streets that matched the old South Vietnamese flag is politically touchy, especially since most of the locations they went to are in what used to be South Vietnam.

If they go to North Vietnam, they may not feel the same need, or they may change to all yellow again or to all red.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby theamazingracer on Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:10 pm

I think they should either change it for every leg (maybe change the red stripe to blue, then the only country that would clash is the Ukraine, and what are the odds of them going there any time soon?) or not at all. I understand why they did it though.
theamazingracer
taking a detour

i'm new...

Postby coffeeman on Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:41 am

hi there everyone..
i am new, and have some news...

i live in NZ and i read this in the paper the other day
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/manawatust ... 69,00.html

apparently it was leaked and no supposed to be released...

so today being the day it mentioned, we went to check it out... and we saw a numbr of teams.. however this confuses me, as you all say there were sightings here in NZ earlier on? i dont get it...

they had to get a number of 'kiwiana' items from local shops in Bulls i believe!
coffeeman
the world is waiting

Postby Rachel RSL on Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:52 am

Maybe it was for Phil's other show. I don't think it's for TAR.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

PreviousNext

Return to Past Seasons