**********TAR10 Spoilers (Enter at your own risk)**********

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Postby lucinator on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:13 pm

Primevortex wrote:Hi everyone, new user here,loyal fan.First time on the board.

Wanted to share that To my joy I found two locked clueboxes a few days ago in Victoria, Canada while I was walking around with some friends.

One of em was in Bastion Square, an open air square market in downtown and the 2nd was near a Church downtown.

Welcome to TARflies, Primevortex! You mentioned that the clueboxes were locked. Because of that, I think that they might have been for one of the local TAR-like races that they run in Victoria. Here is a photo of a locked cluebox in Victoria from last year.
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby one on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:23 pm

Yes, I was going to post somthing about that. There is a race that is held every month by a guy I met on another forum in the Vancover/Vancover island area. My guess is that it is that (Its called " The Amazing Hunt " I belive
one
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby corkystclair on Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:15 pm

Not sure if this is actually a spoiler, but I figured I'd rather err on the side of caution, just in case...

From Tyler's girlfriend's blog (ayumimeegan.com):

Tyler and BJ were flown to Toronto to promote the next season of The Amazing Race. Two others were invited as guests, one included me (yes!). Hence the four of us are in a very nice hotel room in Canada now, wearing regal bath robes, indulging in midnight service of chocolate cake. We are very lucky.

Toronto is a beautiful city, cleaner, greener, brighter and happier than cities I've seen in America. Canadians speak in an American accent, but spell the British way. People here have been surprizingly knowing of the Race; we heard more "hey hippies!" on the streets than ever before.

Yay Toronto (my second home while growing up)!
corkystclair
gal friday & clay maniac

Postby one on Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:44 pm

Yey Canada! ( I dont live in TO, or near it) But I've been there a few times..
one
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby miri on Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:05 pm

[ot]I love her blog:
I instantly worried where my pile of dirty laundry went.

I searched. Then in the corner, under a hanging decorative rug, on a chair, I found my dirty clothes neatly folded and stacked, my worn knickers on top looking handsome and proud. I gave a little shriek.

Heeee![/ot]

The info might be a spoiler, but it could just be a standard promo tour - I think it's time for the CTV UpFronts.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby yikes on Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:44 pm

miri wrote:

The info might be a spoiler, but it could just be a standard promo tour - I think it's time for the CTV UpFronts.

It was. Phil, Uchennna, Joyce, Lynn and Alex attended the upfronts last year to promote the show when was ranked #1 for the season up here. I'll post an article from the national paper in the Media thread.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby didn't quite make it on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:02 pm

DQMI back again...I have tried to track down my pilot buddy to get details on his SeaTac sighting, but have not had luck. His sighting had to have been on May 30 or 31. They were definitely at SeaTac and he said that there were alot of people and cameras and soundmen. He couldn't hang around to watch because...well...he's a pilot and he was working.

I'll let you all know if he can give me anymore details.
didn't quite make it
the world is waiting

Postby Primevortex on Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:19 am

Lucinator : yes the box looked like that however the flag didn't look as tacked on, it looked more professional. if that can be said.

Anyhow, I guess we'll all find out at some point if they ever came to Victoria. When does the next season air?
sometime in the summer?
Primevortex
the world is waiting

Postby Tribefan on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:08 pm

Season 10 will air this fall.
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby corkystclair on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:59 pm

Is it fall yet?
corkystclair
gal friday & clay maniac

Postby FrostieJ on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:22 pm

OMG I can't stand it....
FrostieJ
amazing racer

Postby theamazingracer on Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:05 pm

There's a rumour going around on another site (site not in English, so no point in linking it) that an older team was walking in the Old City of Dubrovnik, Croatia (no cars allowed).
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby FrostieJ on Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:51 pm

AAAHHHH why doesn't anyone know anything yet? I thought sightings happen early...they did with us....at the airport in Denver the FIRST day. Where are they?
FrostieJ
amazing racer

Postby Jordi on Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:27 pm

FrostieJ wrote:AAAHHHH why doesn't anyone know anything yet? I thought sightings happen early...they did with us....at the airport in Denver the FIRST day. Where are they?

It's a new sort of TAR... You know the one where people are actually doing the whole race underground and underwater - or in obscene areas. The only people who know are eskimoes and jungle animals.

*ahem*

I really hope there'll be some great countries in this race. Or some cute men. :)
Jordi
at the start line

Postby corkystclair on Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:04 am

Dubrovnik, huh?

I wonder if one of the teams is Shirley Devore and Norm Saperstein.

*rings them bells*
corkystclair
gal friday & clay maniac

PreviousNext

Return to Past Seasons