**********TAR10 Spoilers (Enter at your own risk)**********

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Postby Tenderfoot on Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:08 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to snark on you, EnricoV. It's just that I didn't understand why the question had arisen in the first place -- some political correctness question of referring to "the East" and "the West"? I mean, I live in California, where we're used to thinking of ourselves as living in the West, when we're really east of a lot of things, and when I lived in Boston, we thought of ourselves as being in the East, etc. I guess this whole discussion must have arisen because someone protested about the ethnocentricity of East and West -- stemming from the colonial era when the world was divided into Occident and Orient. That doesn't seem to me to be in any way relevant to the discussion of TAR10.

Anyway, I guess the point is that for the first time we have a race that's moving in a westerly direction -- along with the sun, or counter to the rotation of the Earth, if you will -- when all the previous races moved in an easterly direction. (Except for TARFE and, technically, TAR7, which didn't circumnavigate the globe but turned around and went back.)
Tenderfoot
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby rabrab on Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:05 pm

Signal: from Madagascar to Helsinki

Whoa. Are you sure about Madagascar? That's a new one for the list, although they could be going through there on the way to or from Mauritius.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby Signal on Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:21 pm

Whoa. Are you sure about Madagascar? That's a new one for the list, although they could be going through there on the way to or from Mauritius.

Well that's what the couple had said to the woman. Of course they could've lied to her, but why would they.
Signal
the world is waiting

Postby rabrab on Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:38 pm

No accusation of lying.

Just that Madagascar throws a new location into the mix.

Hey -- LEMURS! Almost as good as monkeys.
rabrab
TARfly

All Male team!

Postby MarleeRojas on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:06 pm

Hey...I know who the all male team is...not personally but I remember randomly looking at their myspace pages since they are friends with Aras Baskauskas and his brother (Aras winner of Survivor) and Erika Landin (who probably casted them, because she casted Aras).

Anyway here is a group pic...
In the red circle is Aras...blue are the two guys...one on the left is Tyler, and one of the right is James.

I recognized them because of the pictures from the Finland train! One was standing and talking to the crew guy in the blue tank top (Tyler) and the other was with the blonde chick from the blondie team (James).

here are their myspaces..I know it says they logged on today but the race may be over now, or maybe during a pitstop.

http://www.myspace.com/jeber (James)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... id=2406453
(Tyler)

These are them 100%...look at the Finland pics...and look at these ones.

Sorry if the pic is to large
MarleeRojas
the world is waiting

Postby banredbeans on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:18 pm

It's been a month so the race could very well be over. It is funny how all of these people know each other. I guess it really is who you know even for reality TV. At least with the Family Edition there wasn't a mactor in the bunch.
banredbeans
amazing racer

Postby MarleeRojas on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:34 pm

I think their anything from 25-30 days...if it ended yesterday or a few days ago it'd by about 28 or 29 days.

Heres another pic of the two of them...Tyler has the California logo on his shirt...and james is doing the James Dean impression

http://myspace-178.vo.llnwd.net/00371/87/10/371970178_l.jpg
MarleeRojas
the world is waiting

Postby MarleeRojas on Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:12 pm

Guys...I'm worried.

I know for sure those 2 guys are who I said they were...but what if they are crew? I mean if they are friends with Aras...maybe they were camera men. James is also a photographer as it says on myspace

However they don't have equipment on, and that human triangle pic was pre survivor 12 so they must have known Aras before.

Do you think they are a team? I mean their talking to the blonde girls who are confirmed to be a team.

In the end I still think they are...because people have seen an M/M team, and those 2 have been friends for a while.
MarleeRojas
the world is waiting

Postby theschnauzers on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:28 pm

This possible team would not be the first one that was on TAR that had a Survivor connection.
Didn't Norm of Hope and Norm (season two?) also try out originally for Survivor and ended up being asked to find a teammate to try out for TAR --- and wasn't Tina of Survivor:Outback the one that suggested them?
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby Tenderfoot on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:38 pm

I'm getting an Eric & Jeremy/Chris & Alex vibe from these guys. Enough with the alpha male slacker dude teams, already!
Tenderfoot

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:18 pm

Didn't Norm of Hope and Norm (season two?) also try out originally for Survivor and ended up being asked to find a teammate to try out for TAR --- and wasn't Tina of Survivor:Outback the one that suggested them?

Yep. Also, Jonathan and Victoria originally tried out for Survivor but were shipped over to TAR instead. I think the same thing happened with Blake and Paige as well.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby NabbyCat on Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:24 pm

Gary Hogeboom auditioned for TAR but ended up on Survivor instead. (Bet he was glad, I think he missed out on the Family Edition). I think they have a giant pool that the Reality shows draw from.
NabbyCat

Postby MarleeRojas on Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:53 pm

This guys aren't really slacker dudes...I expect them to do very well because both are well traveled.
MarleeRojas
the world is waiting

Postby simslut on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:18 pm

I was in Copenhagen last winter -- I bet you're referring to the tower in Christianhavn on Vor Felsers Kirke.

I think that might be the one. I'd have to check with my parents, though.

I'm also getting an Eric and Jeremy/Chris and Alex vibe from the two males in the pic. Maybe they're not slackers, but, as with E/J and C/A, they look to be the pretty guys with the frat boy mentality. I could be wrong, though.
simslut
the world is waiting

Postby FrostieJ on Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:37 am

Ok....I found something....

Speaking of reality TV, it turns out that the reigning Miss New York Kandice Pelletier just finished taping an appearance on the CBS reality show "The Amazing Race."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13599609/
FrostieJ
amazing racer

PreviousNext

Return to Past Seasons