**********TAR10 Spoilers (Enter at your own risk)**********

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

**********TAR10 Spoilers (Enter at your own risk)**********

Postby miri on Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:30 pm

Since the first spoiler for TAR10 has popped up, perhaps we should start a thread so that people who want to avoid spoilers can.

So, spoil away here - no need to spoiler tag things.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby yikes on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:20 pm

My first inclination was "They're filming THAT early?"

But I do agree with whoever said that if they're starting with Seattle, they may be doing an East to West race to REALLY mix them up.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby didn't quite make it on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:26 pm

Sorry to post a spoiler without being more clear about it :( I'm new to TARFlies, and didn't realize the whole spoiler thing. My bad.

My pilot buddy didn't see exactly where the teams were going, but there were apparently only two International flights from gates the teams were congregating around: Hawaii and Tokyo. What are the chances that TAR 10 is circling the globe West bound instead of East bound? That would be an interesting twist. And being that this is the 10th season...sort of a milestone type season... I wonder if they are going to put on extra miles or go to bizarre remote locations. I always thought that it would be cool to hit 7 continents (how cool would Antarctica be--pun intended) or travel 100,000 miles.

During my semi-final interview, they asked if I could go from tropical to glacial in one day. I have a feeling TAR 10 could hit some major extremes. Bummer I didn't get past the semi's. My teammate and I were a cross between Kevin & Drew, and John & Al. It would have been good fun watching us try to sea kayak in Antarctica, and the next day climb Ayer's rock.
didn't quite make it
the world is waiting

Postby miri on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:31 pm

didn't quite make it wrote:Sorry to post a spoiler without being more clear about it :( I'm new to TARFlies, and didn't realize the whole spoiler thing. My bad.

No worries, dqmi. We didn't have a thread ready for TAR10 spoilers yet, so you went for the next best thing. I personally don't mind location spoilers, but I know some people really do - so, when possible, we tend to err on the side of caution here.

Welcome to the site.
miri

Postby corkystclair on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:39 pm

Welcome, dqmi, and congratulations on making it to the semis! That's an accomplishment in and of itself!

Tropical to glacial, huh? There was mention from Bert at TARCon that the fans would love the upcoming season. If the East-West thing plays out, that would definitely qualify as something I would LOVE. I don't want them to fix what's not broken, but shaking things up a bit from time to time works for me!
corkystclair
gal friday & clay maniac

Postby Tribefan on Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:09 pm

I knew that they were starting a couple of weeks after TARcon, because that is why Elise originally wasn't coming to TARcon - she was busy getting everything set up for the start of TAR10. West to East would be in an interesting twist.
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby SVNBob on Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:46 pm

I also heard Phil say after the Early Show appearance that he had to get ready to start filming "soon". He even joked that he had to leave right then.
SVNBob
road blocked

Postby EnricoV on Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:09 am

Considering the way things have been done in the past, I don't think teams would be on a direct flight out of the country (or to Hawaii). It's typically three different flights, connecting through different cities, in order to stagger arrivals. So truly, they could be going anywhere (after all, it is possible to fly anywhere, even from the wilds of the PNW.)

Can you tell us more about the sighting? Time of day? Airlines? Date?

Okay, I admit it. I'm just a spoiler whore. I'm excited all over again .... how long 'till it airs?
EnricoV
bunched

Postby one on Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:19 pm

Im with you EnricoV...Its like waiting for christmas for me...expect I'm not sure when this one is coming...I'm guesing sept. 2006...
one
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Tris on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:13 pm

It would be funny if it started on October 1 because 2 years ago to that day is when I discovered TAR. I watched a tape at my friend's house and I was hooked.
Tris
taking a detour

SPOILER ALERT !!!Amazing Race 10 spotted in Victoria,Canada

Postby Primevortex on Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:42 am

Hi everyone, new user here,loyal fan.First time on the board.

Wanted to share that To my joy I found two locked clueboxes a few days ago in Victoria, Canada while I was walking around with some friends.

One of em was in Bastion Square, an open air square market in downtown and the 2nd was near a Church downtown.

No spotting of teams though but the clueboxes were genuine. Some people stopped by to remark "hey , the Amazing Race is here? cool"

And this being in Victoria, Canada teams are probably on a detour or on their way back to Seattle for the last final leg.But from seeing when the first spoiler was posted, more then likely teams went from Seattle to Victoria. They are very close.
Primevortex
the world is waiting

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:12 am

Hmmmm, that's an odd one to figure out. It seems strange that they would start the Race by sending the teams somewhere like Victoria, B.C. Not that Victoria isn't beautiful, it's just that they usually start the Race off with a bang by sending the teams somewhere far or exotic.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby OneAnne on Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:38 am

I'm reading between the lines here, and may be connecting the wrong dots, but it's most common to take the boat between Seattle and Victoria... the only flights are float planes that don't land/take off from SeaTac - the main Seattle airport. So if Racers were spotted there it must have been after activities in the Northwest were completed. Hmmm... taking the float plane would make for some interesting television - in Seattle the planes take-off/land in Lake Union, which is very close to downtown and in Victoria they take-off/land right in the main harbour.

It would be very easy to put together some trilling bungie/zip line out-doors type challenges in either the Seattle or Victoria/Vancouver Island area and with all the mountains and beautiful coastal area it would be quite stunning.

For the most part it's been a fairly cold wet spring... except that I understand the weather here was nice the week we were at Disney World (05.17 - 24), so if it's true they were in this area and that was the time frame they got lucky... and so will we when the show airs - when the sun is out this is one beautiful place to be!
OneAnne
bunched

Postby Primevortex on Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:57 pm

Right on. the float planes area around Victoria and Seattle is quite pretty and it makes more sense to go to Vic from Seattle that way because of the proximity first and things to do around Victoria. I've noticed that sometimes when they don't send teams to exotic locations right off the bat, they send them close to the city they are in, especially at the start of a race (The family edition didn't leave the country till more then a few episodes in).
Primevortex
the world is waiting

Postby rabrab on Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:46 pm

I seriously doubt that it's the final leg. If the Race started the day after Phil got done with publicity for the end of TAR9,that would mean the afternoon of the 18th of May (if BvM got completely sadistic and send him off right after the Early Show!) or the 19th of May. The Seattle airport sighting was "earlier this week" on June 2nd, so sometime between May 26th and June 1st. A seven-day long Race? I don't think so. Gotta be the start.

And sorry, primevortex, but the Family Edition is the only one where the Racers were not hustled out of the country immediately. Every other Race has started with a dash to an airport and a choice of flights to somewhere else, far away. There have never been first leg tasks involving clueboxes between the starting line and the first flight. The closest they've come is Season 1 (figure out which airport, and get yourself there however you want) and Season 5 (take the El from the Chicago lakefront to O'Hare,) where they had to navigate public tranportation to get to the airport
rabrab
TARfly

Next

Return to Past Seasons