9.12-5 Continents,10 Countries & More Than 59 Thousand..

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

9.12-5 Continents,10 Countries & More Than 59 Thousand..

Postby Rachel RSL on Wed May 17, 2006 7:16 pm

Just a reminder to you non-TARconners that you can join us online to chat during the show. We're on AIM and the chat room name is twoptarchat. If you are having trouble getting in, feel free to send me an IM. My AIM name is RachelRSL.

PLEASE PLEASE WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE EPISODE HAS FINISHED BEFORE POSTING COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD. I'm just opening the thread now to let people know about the chat. Thanks!
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons

Postby Rachel RSL on Wed May 17, 2006 8:48 pm

TTOW!!!!
Rachel RSL

Postby one on Wed May 17, 2006 8:58 pm

Wow! Hippys win! I love how the race ended where it started! I hope everyone is having a good time at TARcon...I was constantly thinking about you all and what was going on..!

Hippys!
one
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby AnneH on Wed May 17, 2006 8:58 pm

YAY! I couldn't be happier with the winners.

Where the hell were Ray & Yolanda all night? Even when they caught up, they would fall behind five minutes later.
AnneH
bunched

Postby Tris on Wed May 17, 2006 8:59 pm

VIVA LA VIE BOHEME!!!

That last elimination leg curse is BROKEN!

I was praying to my lucky-kiwi-bird necklace to not let Eric and Jeremy win, and they didn't win.

PS: Did anyone besides me notice that when BJ mentioned "couple therapy" the Amazing Editors showed Lake and Michelle? HILARIOUS.
Tris
taking a detour

Postby llamapalooza87 on Wed May 17, 2006 9:03 pm

Huzzah!

BJ + Tyler win!

I was really glad to see them win. Also, the Japan leg was one of my favorite legs EVAR.
llamapalooza87
the world is waiting

Postby Rachel RSL on Wed May 17, 2006 9:05 pm

Tokyo looks like an exceptionally cool city.

Kudos to everyone who had to go on those scary ass rides! I don't think even a million dollars could get me on those. And you couldn't even close your eyes (which is what I would have done) because you had to look for the damn clue!

LOVED the final Road Block!
Rachel RSL

Postby Hildy on Wed May 17, 2006 9:05 pm

I did notice that, Tris, and cracked up.

I thought the Hippies were gonna win as soon as they showed them putting the money on Ray and Yolanda's car, and the Frats bypassing said car. SO SO glad that the Frats were foiled by the flags. That was a terrific roadblock--much better than the giant map last time (Sorry, Linzes!) And really cool that they stuck in some fake flags, too.
Very satisfactory.
Hildy
taking a detour

Postby racewalker on Wed May 17, 2006 9:25 pm

Only watched the last 45 minutes but an awesome finish. Thought BJ & Tyler were going to lose it by missing the snow shoes. It looked like this was a physical task.

Great to have the finish bacl at the start line. Great roadblock especially with the extra flags. BJ & Tyler obviously remembered where they went better than Frat boys. I thought BJ & Tyler miss read the clue as they approached the finish. I thought it said they had to carry the last flag to the finish. I probably didn't hear it correctly.

Overall a great season with close finishes although the race was dominated by the 2 teams.
racewalker
yielded

Postby Abiz on Wed May 17, 2006 9:34 pm

Woo! Happy ending! Yay!

There were some lovely edits in there, and I loved the leg in Japan. I totally want to go to that road crossing in Tokyo now -- but with an English-speaking guide, I think. I wonder what the story is behind the dog statue.

I think BJ & Tyler were super-lucky that the plane detour was shut down because of weather. 150 miles by bush plane sounds like it would take much longer than drilling the holes in the ice!

Once again the mugging really seemed to make no difference. I couldn't believe RaYo lost the ticket on the tollway. I'm crazy paranoid about doing that!
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby HansTAR06 on Wed May 17, 2006 9:35 pm

poop. poop poop poop.

First of all, AWESOME final roadblock. The greatness of last season's times a million.

Second of all, for TAR's first trip to Japan, it was done BEAUTIFULLY. I would daresay flawlessly, although the thrill rides could be a little generic, but still BRILLIANT. Is it a coincidence that the sign was on the very last roller coaster they had to try? ;)

All the locations, as a matter fact, were done brilliantly. This episode especially, and the roadblock reminded me of the awesome places visited this season.

Why "poop" though? Hippie. Win.
HansTAR06
yielded

Postby theamazingracer on Wed May 17, 2006 9:36 pm

Tris wrote:I was praying to my lucky-kiwi-bird necklace to not let Eric and Jeremy win, and they didn't win.

Well, I had a little something to do with that too. I've been trying and trying to like E/J more than RaYo for the last few weeks. And all of a sudden it clicked.
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby cutecouple on Wed May 17, 2006 10:01 pm

I liked it. It was reasonably close, thanks to more bunching, none of the teams bugged too much, and we might have just seen the best match between team and task/country in BJ & Tyler in Japan. Great leg design, and it was cool to see Japan finally in the race. I do wonder why they kept using the generic, non-copyrighted equivalent of The Vapor's Turning Japanese as the background music. And they probably rented out that floor of the capsule hotel - I was under the understanding that such hotels were gender segregated.

The Frat Boys and the Hippies raced reasonably well - either could have won at the end. RaYo's navigation difficulties really kept them out of the running, as neither the frat boys nor hippies made any significant mistakes that allowed them in it.

In all, decent season, decent legs for the most part, but oddly uncompelling teams to me. Not sure why.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby one on Wed May 17, 2006 10:26 pm

I cant wait to see the ratings for the show.

Anways, Are the hippys getting there check tommrow on the early show tommorw? and does anybody plan on putting the video on the internet? ( I have school, I'm not sure if I'll be able to catch it..)
one

Postby Fukui San on Wed May 17, 2006 10:35 pm

Rachel RSL wrote:TTOW!!!!

M-MEH!

Not a comment on you, Rachel. Just sort of lost interest in how this season turned out.

Finally getting to Japan was cool, though.

Edit: The leg was very well designed, and the final challenge was very good. There was just something lacking at the end of this season.
Fukui San

Next

Return to Past Seasons