9.11 - I Think This Monkey Likes Me!

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

9.11 - I Think This Monkey Likes Me!

Postby miri on Wed May 10, 2006 7:53 pm

Hey, Elise - what happened to that "no more bulk eating" promise? Watching people barf = not my idea of a good time.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby PButtercup on Wed May 10, 2006 8:00 pm

I agree on the vomit cam, miri. I can hardly wait for next week, watching the finale with a few hundred other obsessives - what could be better?
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby one on Wed May 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Wow that was good! Nice to see MOJO gone and the hippys in the final! Just the preview for next week makes it look amazing! And I start my watch for the countdown!

GARRRR I wish I was going to TARCON - you have no idea how bad I want to go!
Last edited by one on Wed May 10, 2006 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Abiz on Wed May 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Yeah, I was eating dinner and that was awful.

BUT, best roadblock EV-AH! Hee! Love those monkeys messing up their food!
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby miri on Wed May 10, 2006 8:02 pm

Yeah, I loved the monkeys. Monkeys always rule.
miri

Postby Tris on Wed May 10, 2006 8:03 pm

I agree with miri on the bug eating. Did Elise hire the Fear Factor people to do that challenge? On a lighter note, it's very hard to type while I'm doing the happy dance. MoJo is OUT!

Edit: LOVED the Roadblock! It made up for some lame ones in legs past *coughgnomescough*
2nd Edit: Macabre coincidence. The monkeys toppled the feast towers. What season and episode is this?
Tris
taking a detour

Postby Giuseppe on Wed May 10, 2006 8:06 pm

Boo. I thought we were promised no more eating tasks.

Yay! Hippies made the final 3! I'm very happy with this outcome. I'm actually ok with any of the final 3 winning. Haven't felt that way since TAR...4. Jeez.

Loved the roadblock and loved the monkeys jumping all over Eric and Jeremy. That's something I would have loved to have done.
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby DariaG on Wed May 10, 2006 8:10 pm

Yay, MoJo are gone! Hurray, hurray, hurray!

I, too, will be happy with any of the final three winning. I'm not sure that's ever happened before.

MoJo's gone, MoJo's gone!!!

Loved the roadblock. And I think the food promise had to do with volume, not grossness, though that was an awful lot of crickets to eat. Better than 4 pounds of beef, though.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby leew261 on Wed May 10, 2006 8:17 pm

Yes, I do -- it's the way I've felt every season since I heard about TARcon. And next week I'll finally be there -- weeeeeee!

I was so happy to see that MoJo bite it. They were so frazzled that they were making really stupid decisions, like not checking the ticket booth at the bus station to see if they could buy a ticket when that guy told them they couldn't despite the fact that the window looked open, and apparently misreading the time that the earliest bus left the next morning.

I was also thrilled to see the Hippies go from worst to first. I was a bit worried when they were talking about ditching the fast forward, because they would have been toast if they had done that. Glad they gutted it out. (Sorry!)
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby Piperdown on Wed May 10, 2006 8:19 pm

Oh sure they go to Thailand and go to a city I didn't visit. I was doing OK getting over my post trip depression, and then they had to show me Thailand. Those bastards.

I'm just glad the Hippies are still in it, and that MoJo is gone. Suddenly though, I'm all aboard the Ray Yolanda love train. I think I'm hoping for them to finish first.

As for the bugs, one cricket...kind of tasty, a whole bowl though, that's just gross. Enough with the over eating.
Piperdown
TARfly

Postby theamazingracer on Wed May 10, 2006 8:20 pm

"Now who's laughing? Now who's laughing?" [/the simpsons]

Ladies and gentlemen, my curse at work.
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby one on Wed May 10, 2006 8:23 pm

leew261 wrote:

Yes, I do -- it's the way I've felt every season since I heard about TARcon. And next week I'll finally be there -- weeeeeee!

So...You will be spending an extra $1000+ to pick me up I take it? I'll meet you at the aiport at, say 6? I'm sure my parents will be just fine with me going to NY with somone I met on the internet :-D

hehe!

Have fun @ TARcon everyone..!

Edit: It was nice to see E & J give a pair of shoes to the hippys after canceling there taxi...!
one
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Tris on Wed May 10, 2006 8:24 pm

leew261 wrote:

You are making me extremely jealous! A guy from Florida gets to go, but me, a girl that lives 45 minutes from NY has to stay at home by my lonesome. Sob.
Tris
taking a detour

Postby leew261 on Wed May 10, 2006 8:28 pm

Sorry, one and Tris, I didn't mean to make you jealous. Maybe one day you will be able to make it -- it certainly has taken a long time for me to get to go. Just remember rule number one of the race: don't ever give up!
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby JennyBean on Wed May 10, 2006 9:08 pm

I'm so happy the hippies used the FF and came in first, right after being last at the NEL. That made me smile! It made me smile even bigger watching MoJo go HOME! They got beat by pantless, shoeless hippies! That kicked ass.

I'm happy with the final 3 also, anyone could win at this point and I'd be cheering. :)
JennyBean
yielded

Next

Return to Past Seasons