9.10 - Man, They Should Have Used Their Fake Names

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

9.10 - Man, They Should Have Used Their Fake Names

Postby miri on Wed May 03, 2006 7:59 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Tris on Wed May 03, 2006 8:05 pm

YAYO for RaYo! I want either them or the hippies to win. Eric and Jeremy are annoying retards who don't deserve the "frats" nickname. (Kevin and Drew were here first!) Monica is a Flo clone and Joseph is acting really short-fused. If any one of those two win, I'll cry. Rant over.
Last edited by Tris on Wed May 03, 2006 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tris
taking a detour

Postby llamapalooza87 on Wed May 03, 2006 8:06 pm

Eric and Jeremy: the whole cab thing was LOW.
Joseph and Monica: stop whining.
Ray and Yolanda: FINALLY won a leg! :)
BJ and Tyler: Very pleased to not see them go... how often does that happen?! Double Non-Eliminated!!

That was a very intense ending. VERY INTENSE.
llamapalooza87
the world is waiting

Postby theschnauzers on Wed May 03, 2006 8:09 pm

How long as it been since there have been three teams in a footrace, much less to avoid being in last place? (TAR 2 in Thailand, maybe?)

The twist on the detour is that the physical task took longer than the other task; although from the description the second task could have taken longer.
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby Tris on Wed May 03, 2006 8:12 pm

That was funny when Phil moved away from greeter guy with whips!
Tris
taking a detour

Postby DariaG on Wed May 03, 2006 8:18 pm

It's official: I hate Monica and Joseph, the non-couple couple who don't like each other or anyone else. They've got tandem whining down, though. That must be what they do on dates -- practice tag-team whining.

Everyone but Ray and Yolanda got on my nerves at one point or another tonight. First time the hippies annoyed me, and it was brief. I think I'm just getting tired of this whole cast.

Good detour choices. I'm kind of tired of sky-diving. The editors made it interesting in TAR3, but ever since it's been sort of mechanical. Yeah, yeah, they're jumping in tandem again. Yawn.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby theamazingracer on Wed May 03, 2006 8:27 pm

Tris wrote:YAYO for RaYo! I want either them or the hippies to win. Eric and Jeremy are annoying retards who don't deserve the "frats" nickname. (Kevin and Drew were here first!) Monica is a Flo clone and Joseph is acting really short-fused. If any one of those two win, I'll cry. Rant over.

Agreed. I'd consider using a different nickname for the Flo clone, but I think F**Jo is copyrighted.
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby leew261 on Wed May 03, 2006 8:29 pm

Geez, what hypocrites Monica and Joseph are! It's sleazy (I think that's the word they used) to Yield them, but it's okay to call and cancel someone's taxi? I hope they bite it next week.

That was an intense finish -- of course, it would have been even more intense if it wasn't so obvious that it was going to be a non-elim. BJ and Tyler are in a bad way as far as clothing goes once they get into the Northern Hemisphere. Hopefully they will create some good karma that will make warm clothes come their way.

And way to go Ray and Yolanda -- they ran a very strong, well executed leg.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby jer2002 on Wed May 03, 2006 8:39 pm

Yeah, watch they'll bite the dust next week. I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like Ray/Yolanda
jer2002
taking a detour

Postby Bart Ender on Wed May 03, 2006 8:44 pm

It's not that I hate Ray and Yolanda, I just have absolutely no opinion about them. None.

I have no issues with the cancelling of the taxis - it is a race, and you should have used fake names. It reminds me of when the folks on the Apprentice were each trying to buy something from Radio Shack, and one team found out where the other ones were getting their supplies from, and purchased their supplies.

That being said, why the hell would you be OK with the cancelling of taxis but be mad when someone uses the yield - a legal game component? STFU, MoJo!!!!
Bart Ender
fast forwarding

Postby Ryan DeMaster on Wed May 03, 2006 8:47 pm

Bart Ender wrote:That being said, why the hell would you be OK with the cancelling of taxis but be mad when someone uses the yield - a legal game component? STFU, MoJo!!!!

Because anything goes as long as it doesn't affect them. MoJo didn't actually cancel the cabs - that was E & J, MoJo just got blamed for it.

Also, big ups to Ray & Yolanda for getting their **** together, and having a stress-free, victorious leg.

They should probably have about a 30-60 minute lead on their adversaries as well?
Last edited by Ryan DeMaster on Wed May 03, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan DeMaster
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby miri on Wed May 03, 2006 8:51 pm

That being said, why the hell would you be OK with the cancelling of taxis but be mad when someone uses the yield - a legal game component? STFU, MoJo!!!!

Or get all pissy when the people who were cancelled tried to take your cab? Get real. I love the fact that they were still standing around being pissy with each other after the sand ran out of the yield timer.
miri

Postby cutecouple on Wed May 03, 2006 8:52 pm

There was an awful lot of reality show in this leg of the race. I kinda liked it. It's kinda funny how everyone is trying to play everyone else. Canceled cabs, rumor mongering, not sharing information and the episodes-in-the-making Yield.

If Ray and Yolanda really have their stuff together, they should be able to make it to the final 3. Gotta say, it sucks to be BJ & Tyler - getting mugged again, in a footrace at that. And with such a feisty, unfriendly bunch.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby banredbeans on Wed May 03, 2006 8:58 pm

I can not believe Eric and Jeremy didn't get a penalty. I still think Phil is going to give them one at the start of the next leg. What they did was against the rules.
banredbeans
amazing racer

Postby cutecouple on Wed May 03, 2006 9:01 pm

That would be an ironic first - the last place, NEL team actually leaving before a penalized team (or teams).
cutecouple
bunched

Next

Return to Past Seasons