9.7 - Herculean Effort for Some Herculean Dudes

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

9.7 - Herculean Effort for Some Herculean Dudes

Postby miri on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:56 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby llamapalooza87 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:03 pm

HOORAY!!

Still no NEL, but Lake & Michelle are gone (yay!) and BJ & Tyler aren't (double-yay!)!!

Fast Forward!
Product Placement!

Good episode. That was intense at the end. Very intense.

FROG HAT!
llamapalooza87
the world is waiting

Postby one on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:04 pm

Well, I now know that Fran and Barry cannot see tree's, along with clue boxes.

Anyways, more importantly..

LAKE IS GONE! and I was pritty supirsed it wasent a Non elimination leg..wow BJ and Tyler gave me a scare there..

..ps: did anyone elce think they might have been on the wrong channel and just watching a Da-vincys code (Sp) trailer for the first 15 mins?
Last edited by one on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby leew261 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:04 pm

Dagnabit! I was so sure it was going to be a non-elim that I couldn't properly enjoy Lake and Michelle's elimination.

When are they going to have the non-elim legs? And I'm glad to see they are going to the Middle East next week and finally getting out of Europe.

BJ and Tyler certainly had a scare this week. I guess they'll be more carefully about map reading in the future. And Eric and Jeremy continue to have lots of dumb luck.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby racewalker on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:10 pm

Great Episode. 2 bunch stops - one at temple one at plane. Teams who used taxis from airport had definite advantage getting to the fountain and then having it to the train.

Congrats to Fran for overcoming her greatest fear. And Barry didn't get penalized for crashing the car.

Hippies had a great time in the rain at the herculean effort. They definitely are enjoying themselves with the tasks, the sites and the people. But boy did they get majorly lost. They were lucky to end up 5th which they would have ended up anyway since L/M also would have been penalized.

BOO on no NEL. Since there are only 5 teams and one fast forward left, and 5 weeks till the conclusion, that only leaves room for maybe one NEL.
racewalker
yielded

Postby miri on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:10 pm

Hopefully, that was BJ & Tyler's major fuck-up (I figure each team's got at least one during the course of the Race) and they survived it.
miri

Postby leew261 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:13 pm

Oh, and why couldn't they have had this much bunching last week so Dave and Lori would have had a fighting chance at staying in? Not fair!
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby racewalker on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:14 pm

We stil don't know if the 6 roadblock rule exist. At least Michelle took this roadblock.

Lake definitely does not have any respect for his wife.
Last edited by racewalker on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
racewalker
yielded

Postby Abiz on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:15 pm

llamapalooza87 wrote:FROG HAT!

Dude. I loved that Frog Hat.
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby yikes on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:20 pm

racewalker wrote:We stil don't know if the 6 roadblock rule exist. At least Michelle took this roadblock.

It's been said in the insider videos that it's still in effect.

Only saw the last 1/2 hour, but dagummit Ocean and Michelle...RUN you punks! Now I'm stuck with TiFaux Hippies. Gah.

And the prize....well, good to see a major studio likes to pimp on TAR. But also, gah.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby DariaG on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:21 pm

Still no NEL, but Lake & Michelle are gone (yay!) and BJ & Tyler aren't (double-yay!)!!

My sentiments exactly.

Decent tasks this time, too. And it was good to see something beyond the usual order of things, though E&J of course came in first again.

Thus far, the teams that have come in first the most legs have never won the race. May that tradition continue!
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby theschnauzers on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:31 pm

The bunching occurred at the train station to go to Rome, and on the flight to Athens.

I don't believe we've ever had three teams going simultaneously for a fast forward before so that is a first.

It's Rome's second appearance in the Race (last time -- season one). I like the fact that both Rome and Athens were in the same leg. And even with the DaVinci Code product placement, the tasks were not easy this time around.

And one has to give Eric and Jeremy credit. No team can race this well on six consecutive legs merely on luck; they have to have the skill. They've Racer skills, and they're not making very many mistakes. And only a handful of teams have won four legs, much less four legs out of six consecutive legs....and they're the first team ever to do this well from the start of the Race.

I still have a suspicion that there are no real NELs this season, just uberlegs. (And the leg tonight was easily a two day leg; it took a day from the pit stop departures late in the evening to the flight out of Rome, and another day to the last arrival at the pit stop at night.
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby racewalker on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:31 pm

It looks like we can still expect either 2 NEL or 1 NEL and 1 TBC. If the the conclusion is May 17 that means 5 episodes are left unless there is a 2 hour conclusion. With only 5 teams left that means next week will be a NEL and then an elimanation week then NEL.
racewalker
yielded

Postby Judfer on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:49 pm

I can't believe how lucky E&J are. But I don't understand why they wasted a fast forward at this point. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I was hoping BJ&Tyler were going to get gone this time. Maybe they will stop fooling around and do some serious racing now.

Thank goodness Ray and Yolanda are doing better. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Ray reading a map! Now they have to learn to read the clues. I just about died laughing watching Yolanda wrestling. She was so determined! Had her stern teacher face on.

Can't say I'm sorry to see Lake and Michelle go. But I wish it had been B&T.
Judfer
at the start line

Postby rockhpi on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:53 pm

And one has to give Eric and Jeremy credit. No team can race this well on six consecutive legs merely on luck

At least on this leg, I have to disagree. That Fast-Forward was ANOTHER needle-in-a-haystack and it was complete luck that they found it before MoJo. I'm not even going to throw in the "if you're fast enough to smash more plates" caveat. If I may paraphrase Superintendent Chalmers, The horseshoe up E&J's butt has a horseshoe up its butt. And why not use your fast-forward later in the race when you might REALLY need it?

Did NOT expect Lake & Michelle to go out, but wouldn't they have also had the 15-minute penalty? I think they were in the same group, right? So it may not have been as close as it seemed. I didn't see at the beginning what they were fighting over (whether or not she gave him the clue?). Did they show who was right?

I think I'm rooting for MoJo at this point, much to my surprise. She's a little emotional but they're solid racers.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Next

Return to Past Seasons