9.6 - Sleep Deprivation Is Really Starting to Irritate Me

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

9.6 - Sleep Deprivation Is Really Starting to Irritate Me

Postby miri on Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:57 pm

Hey, it's early - you have time to discuss before bedtime.

They totally psyched me out. I thought it was a non-elim! I'm gonna miss the nerds.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Tris on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:01 pm

DAMMIT DAMMIT TO BLEEPING BLANKITY BLANK BLEEP!

Dave and Lori were the last of my Seentimental Favorites that had a big chance of winning. Well, now I like BJ and Tyler.

That "Nerds Rule" at the end was so cute!
Tris
taking a detour

Postby yikes on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:02 pm

So I missed the first 40 minutes. And what do I get rewarded with on my break?

The Beach Bums winning...again.

The Hippies in second....again.

Mojo in third....again.

And my sweet Nerds are gone. NOOOO!

BTW, Phil, your buddy Tom Bergeron called...he can get you on Dancing With the Stars if you PROMISE never to dance like that ever again. (Seriously, I choked on my food seeing that.)
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby leew261 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:03 pm

Awwww, I was afraid that was going to happen. We'll miss you, Dave and Lori. Nerds rule!
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby PButtercup on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:10 pm

I am going to miss Dave and Lori, I thought it was going to be non-elim, too. Tonight's episode was exciting for me - I've been to Catania and Siracusa. I can even pronounce them correctly!

I thought Phi's dancing was cute
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby Ryan DeMaster on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:10 pm

That's 3 episodes without a full-field bunch. Is this really TAR?

And yes, nerds DO rule.
Ryan DeMaster
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby llamapalooza87 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:14 pm

Curses, these last few episodes have not been good to me. Oh well, "The Phil giveth and the Phil taketh away."
llamapalooza87
the world is waiting

Postby DariaG on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:16 pm

This is the first elimination that bothered me -- I thought the first four teams out were weak and sometimes annoying. But I liked Dave and Lori.

I also liked what is apparently the standard TAR recap-because-we're-at-a-new-time-or-have-been-preempted-by-something previouslies. This has happened at least once before, during TAR3, and I'm pretty sure it's happened a couple of times since.

Good tasks. Fran and Barry are growing on me, and Ray and Yolanda are slowly developing personalities. The hippies are still my favorites, though.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby Giuseppe on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:18 pm

I'm not really a fan of the sports tasks like this one and the water polo from TAR6...just doesn't seem hard or innovative enough.

I'm a fan of bunch-free legs, but I'm really starting to wish for one to shake up the order. Things are gettin' a might predictable.

Loved Phil's dancing. Hee.
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby leew261 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:26 pm

I also liked what is apparently the standard TAR recap-because-we're-at-a-new-time-or-have-been-preempted-by-something previouslies.

I tuned in after the previouslies started, so when they were showing all of the shots of Brazil I thought for a second that there was a screwup and they were going to show episode two again!
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby racewalker on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:16 pm

So much for the NEL or Fast Forward. It definitely appeared that the first 2 teams had an advantage by avoiding the morning rush hour traffic. Great move by the hippies with the sign up sheet. Do the tasks seem too easy? Counting heads, and the kayak polo looked like all they had to do was throw the ball. The opposing side even gave one of the racer the ball.
Phil really got in to the music at the pit stop. GO PHIl. Next week is the bungee episode. One question - do the racers not realize they will probably be doing certain task? Bungee jumping, zip lines, Sky diving, climbing or rapelling using the ascender have been in practically every race. Won't if make sense to at least try these before racing. Just a Thought.
racewalker
yielded

Postby Tribefan on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:27 pm

leew261 wrote:I tuned in after the previouslies started, so when they were showing all of the shots of Brazil I thought for a second that there was a screwup and they were going to show episode two again!

Heh. Me too. And emjaytee. I called her during the previouslies to ask "WTF?" But then it became clear that Phil was giving us a season update for the early birds just joining in. I can just see them, rushing Phil into the studio to record the new opening!

Phil looked mighty nice in his new duds tonight. I could almost forget the "dancing."

We seriously need something to shake up the order. It's starting to remind me of the old days of ice dancing, where the standings NEVER CHANGED from event to event. This is getting ridiculous! I don't want to think that it's a foregone conclusion that the final leg will be a race between slackers and the hippies.

In other news.....WAAAAAAAAAH! I'm sad that the nerds are gone! I thought it might be non-elim as well.

ETA: Welcome to TARflies, racewalker and llamapalooza87!
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby nickahlers on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:47 pm

I'm SHOCKED it wasn't NEL. There's bound to be on next week, I think.

They really need to mix up the order of these teams...this is just getting dreadfully boring. Like someone else said, I'd hate to have the finale be Hippies vs. Slackers.

My favorite moment of the entire episode was Lake thinking the random guy was the Groundskeeper and giving him a high five.

My favorite quote came from Barry: "He's the groundskeeper. That means he'd be on the grounds somewhere."
nickahlers
bunched

Postby Giuseppe on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:49 pm

racewalker wrote:Do the tasks seem too easy? Counting heads...

Yeah I wasn't overly fond of that one either. The fence wasn't even that big. There wasn't much opportunity at all to get confused or screw it up.
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby theamazingracer on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:41 pm

To the person who wonders whether the teams realize they'll be doing [insert task here]:

Zip lines first appeared in the season three finale (Wailua Falls), where Flo thought it was base jumping.

Sky diving has only appeared 4 times out of nine (so far): 3 detours - 3.1, 4.13, 5.8 and the final roadblock of season six

Technically, bungy jumping (correct spelling: check the Queenstown episode of season two) has only been done four times as well - in Queenstown, Switzerland, Berlin, and this seasons. Season one's was a canyon swing, season four's was a tower jump.

Ascenders have been used three times - Palawan (5.12), Corsica (leg 6.7) and this year in Brotas.

Similarly on the bungy thing, technically they've only rappelled ONCE, in season four in Brisbane. All the rest are abseils.
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Next

Return to Past Seasons