9.5: Good Thing I Took That Human Anatomy Class in HS

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

9.5: Good Thing I Took That Human Anatomy Class in HS

Postby miri on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:57 pm

Parts is parts.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby leew261 on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:04 pm

Wow, that was a nerve wracking leg! I hope that Dave and Lori can pull it together -- they had a really rough time this episode. Poor D&D, done in by the yield. I'm surprised they didn't take one more verbal shot at Lake and Michelle while they were on the elimination mat. Ray and Yolanda owe L&M one.
Last edited by leew261 on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby AnneH on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:06 pm

My mother only saw episode one and told me she wasn't watching until the pink squealers were gone. She's safe to watch now, thank goodness!

Here's hoping those jerky "boyfriends" of theirs will join them next.
AnneH
bunched

Postby Ryan DeMaster on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:09 pm

@#$% the ^&*~ing Yield, that's all I can say.

leew261 wrote:Poor D&D, done in by the yield. I'm surprised they didn't take one more verbal shot at Lake and Michelle while they were on the elimination mat.

I know, I was surprised by that too. A team that understands that the Yield is (gasp) PART OF THE GAME, rather than a grand conspiracy against them or the most evil act humanly possible. That's why I'm sad to see them gone.

*switches rooting interest to David & Lori*
Ryan DeMaster
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby yikes on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:17 pm

Wow a Yield on a non-NEL and it worked like it was SUPPOSED to work. (It would have worked once before if it wasn't for a stupid red bean!) Lake is loud, makes stupid comments and doesn't do the Internet. But I'll give him this: he knew that he may not have another shot at the Yield, use on a team that will actually suffer for it.

The first 1/2 is a snooze and the hippies are here to the end (joy.) but the last 30 minutes made me yell at the TV and break out in a sweat to see Lori struggle at the RB. Now that's good TAR!

Edit: dagummit, I meant Non-NEL! Thanks buddy. :p
Last edited by yikes on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby Abiz on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:20 pm

Anybody know why they changed the name of the episode? According to our TV Guide, it was supposed to be "Kick Ass, We're Going to Italy." Which would have been a better name, I think!
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby Kanuck on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:24 pm

My listing first showed it as 'Italy,' then it changed to 'anatomy' for a while last week, then back to 'Italy.'
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby Giuseppe on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:30 pm

I love Italy! And ha! Giuseppe Garibaldi street for the laundry! That's right, I'm totally claiming that as a shoutout. I won't entertain other notions.

The first few minutes of the show felt like so much filler with the wheelchair antics and all. I thought that sequence could have been edited a little tighter. But so nice to see some real flight wrangling.

Wow a Yield on a NEL and it worked like it was SUPPOSED to work.

I think you mean a non-NEL :)
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby miri on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:30 pm

At first, I thought the name change was because people were bitching about them giving away the location with the title...but then all the ads they ran this week were "Italy! They go to Italy!", so I don't think it was that.
miri

Postby Hildy on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:35 pm

That was a great leg, and I have to say that I enjoyed watching the frat idiot fall over in his wheelchair.
Love the bowling moms t shirts, but that's the only thing I like about those Hippies. They are a good team, and they race well, and they aren't unkind to each other, but I still can't stand them. And I still can't get the Spin Doctors out of my head when I look at the blonde one.
Very glad that Ray and Yolanda squeaked by, but man, guys, buy some freaking maps!
I think I saw signs of killer fatigue in Lori and Dave today--let's hope there some unknown 48 hour layover some place soon, b/c I don't want them to go!
Hildy
taking a detour

Postby Abiz on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:36 pm

Maybe there were objections to the word "Ass"? Do some people consider that an impolite word?
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:39 pm

The wheelchair wrangling, actually, was a great inclusion -- it showed how while the hippies have fun and goof around, they abandoned the game the moment Lake & Michelle headed off to find the internet terminals at the airport, while the frat boys continued to play and thus lost out on the flight. BJ & Tyler's goofing off definitely isn't allowed to interfere with their game play, which I heartily approve of.

Wow, how many ways did Lake & Michelle make mistakes this leg? At least three biggies I can think of right off the top of my head.

And once again, Fran & Berry walk right by a clue box. Sigh. But they are making up for their inability to spot clue boxes with their self-navigation, I'll give them that; and their stamina is just incredible, with younger stronger teams wilting and they're going strong.

Joseph and Ray each carrying that bell up the stairs by himself? Oh my! How totally hott!!11! were they?

And, yet again, we have a team that can barely drive a stick shift. Sigh. The girls really didn't stand a chance, and the Yield definitely sealed their fate. It was nice to see a Yield actually matter in terms of actual elimination rather than just mind games.

I felt so bad for the Nerds. I thik this was their very first fight, and it cearly just tore them up. They are so schmoopy and sweet!

All in all, a fun episode. All the good elements -- airport wrangling, self-navigation, good tasks, long uphill and downhill runs to the roadblock and pit stop, a strength task, and two old Italian men openly leering at Yolanda's ass. :)
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby Tribefan on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:43 pm

In this overly-pc environment, it wouldn't surprise me if someone objected to the word "ass." But, CBS BigWigs, you've moved the show way the hell out of the family hour.....what fucking difference does it make??!

I was talking to emjaytee after the show and she said, "Did Phil just call D&D the biggest sluts ever to run The Amazing Race?" Ha!

And, Giuseppe, emjaytee and I agree that it was totally a shout-out to you.

Thank god Dave and Lori survived the leg!
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby Ryan DeMaster on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:45 pm

For the ep title discussion, 9.3 explicitly mentioned Russia, so it must have been the "Kick Ass" part that ticked someone off.

As for this week, they said that bell was 110 pounds, and Joseph and Ray both kicked its ass. WAY TO GO GUYS~!

I said my piece about the Danilimination earlier, so I close by noting that the wheelchair race owns each and every one of you. That is all :)
Ryan DeMaster
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby curse reversed on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:56 pm

Monica saying she knows people will see her as a dumb blonde but she isn't, sandwiched betwen three mispronounciations of Palermo-the Amazing Editors deserve a bonus for that one. (although I must say she looked smokin' in that tank top.)
curse reversed
bunched

Next

Return to Past Seasons