9.3: I Am in Russia Playing with the Dolls

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

9.3: I Am in Russia Playing with the Dolls

Postby miri on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:57 pm

Discuss.

(I so want to go to Russia. *pout*)
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Abiz on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:00 pm

To be continued?? Already? What?
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby cutecouple on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:03 pm

The timing seemed a little off, so I'm not too surprised that this is a double leg. A little early though. Interesting to see how getting lost can quickly jumble the standings. And if the clues weren't written in Cyrillic, I can see the teams very easily getting lost, or getting their drivers lost.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby leew261 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:03 pm

You could just feel that TBC coming on.

I hope that the nerds can get something going in the next half -- they had some awful taxi luck tonight.

Why on earth would non-swimmers volunteer to do a task at a swimming center? Not too bright.

My feelings towards Lake are edging closer and closer to the "hate" territory.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby cutecouple on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:08 pm

leew261 wrote:Why on earth would non-swimmers volunteer to do a task at a swimming center? Not too bright.
Sleep deprivation? Also, they may have been racing under a roadblock rule that wasn't announced to us because roadblocks were edited out.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby Fukui San on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:12 pm

I like that they had a double leg this early on. This has to be the most grueling leg yet all told. The previous double legs didn't involve this much travel, and the Roadblock and the Detours both presented problems. Tough but fair leg design.

I wish that there were two planes to Moscow, just so the first part wasn't totally levelled.

Eric & Jeremy weren't so smart with Phil at the mat this time. The eyebrow enacts revenge.

Lake is officially sucky.

Some teams I like are lagging, but thankfully they'll have more chances to catch up.

Sleep deprivation? Also, they may have been racing under a roadblock rule that wasn't announced to us because roadblocks were edited out.

Interesting theory. It bears watching.
Fukui San
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Hildy on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:13 pm

Lake really is a polluted man. And his wife Dirty Water ain't much better.
I wanted to slap Momicita mom into the middle of next week. I would never, ever be able to put up with that. Never.
Yolanda's thighs are oppressivly muscular, and I just don't care for the hippies. that helmet head butt was annoying. They are annoying. And somehow the blonde one reminds me of the guy who played the boy in Mask.
Hildy
taking a detour

Postby Mallonman on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:14 pm

TBC, huh? It sure looked like Phil did NOT want to greet Team Frat as the first to arrive. Hidden agenda? Nah, just Phil's laser-like eyes that went straight THROUGH the both of them. Here's to early elimination!
Mallonman
the world is waiting

Postby nickahlers on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:15 pm

Why on earth would non-swimmers volunteer to do a task at a swimming center? Not too bright.

Do they know it's a swimming task before they choose to do it? I thought all they knew was the line, "Whose ready to take a plunge?"

She didn't seem stressed out until after she had volunteered and read the complete clue.
nickahlers
bunched

Postby leew261 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:15 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier, that cathedral was absolutely gorgeous.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby yikes on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:18 pm

Oh Danis...hooking up with the boobs known as eric and Jeremy was mistake #1. Forgetting your Amazing Purse was a bigger mistake. They lucked out this was a TBC.

Not much to say on this one other than Phil finally getting a parka that fits him and isn't hideous.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:24 pm

It really does seem as though a clue that says, "Who wants to take a plunge?" at a swimming center would involve, oh, I dunno, swimming. That said, bravo to Yolanda for completing it so well. And it was interesting to see Wanda listen to her daughter and do what she told her, wasn't it? Daughters train their mothers well sometimes.

I couldn't believe I didn't notice there was no greeter with Phil until he announced the TBC.

Were BJ & Tyler the only team to actually stop and look around that cathedral? Because that place was drop-dead stunning. That's one thing I'd find so hard on the race, seeing all these great places, in passing for about 5 seconds.

The music and dancing was a truly twisted touch to an evil detour option, wasn't it?

"Turn right here, Lake." "No, I have to turn left here!" [turns left, gets lost] "Well, we couldn't even find out way out of the Pit Stop!" No, Lake, there is no "we" in "I." Try again, idiot.
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby Tribefan on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:24 pm

This is the first episode in a long time where I was agitated and holding my breath a lot....I loved it!

I did NOT see the TBC coming. I was surprised. I thought maybe the two idiots had screwed up when Phil said, "you're the first team to arrive." But it was getting awfully close to 11 PM.

nickahlers wrote:Do they know it's a swimming task before they choose to do it? I thought all they knew was the line, "Whose ready to take a plunge?"

Well, if you're at a swimming pool and they use the phrase "take a plunge," I don't think you'd have to know more to at least have an inkling that water was involved.
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby miri on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:45 pm

Also, it seems like either the clue told them it was a swim center...or Fran and Barry talked to someone on the plane who told them that. When they are trying to pronounce the place name to the cab driver at the airport, Fran does a swimming mime.
miri

Postby yikes on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:48 pm

Even if I didn't see the pool or know what the place one, the smell of chlorine would have clued me in.
yikes
fast forwarding

Next

Return to Past Seasons