9.2: I'm Filthy and I Love It

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

9.2: I'm Filthy and I Love It

Postby miri on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:55 pm

You want prizes?
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Abiz on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:57 pm

Prizes? You mean like a trip to Tahiti? Sounds great!

Yes, please.
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby leew261 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:03 pm

Thank goodness those women were eliminated. They had to be one of the least enjoyable, least competent teams in the history of the race.

Glad to see the Dave and Lori are doing a solid job. Yay nerds!

"I'm filthy...and I love it!"

Mmmmmmmmm...
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby JennyBean on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:03 pm

Go hippies and Go Nerds!
I'm so happy...I love the race!
JennyBean
yielded

Postby Big Slick on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:05 pm

I stayed near that resort last July/Aug. And did visit their beach.

It's nice. Real nice.

And it's not Tahiti . . . it's Moorea (which is much, much better--white sand, beautiful/non-urbanized island, view of the sunrise and the sunset over the water from that point
Last edited by Big Slick on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Slick
TARfly

Postby Fukui San on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:05 pm

Annoying Glamazons gone!

Four teams I wouldn't mind seeing go home bringing up the rear.

The Dani's were actually quasi-competent. Lake doesn't actually seem like an asshole in that he doesn't treat other teams badly. Yet.

Man, I don't really hate anyone yet. I don't think that's happened before.
Fukui San
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby GinevradiBenci on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:06 pm

Another tossup - I suspect that the oldsters will be out next leg anyway.

Really liking just about everybody - even Lake isn't bugging me all that much. The only team I'm developing a healthy loathing for is the magnificent Nipple Ring Duo. Tools.
GinevradiBenci
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby leew261 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:09 pm

Lake doesn't actually seem like an asshole in that he doesn't treat other teams badly.

No, just his wife: "Get your ass up there!" If he'd turn the intensity down about 10 notches he might be tolerable.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby Northwoods101 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:10 pm

If the two Dani's had been eliminated, would have Eric and Jeremy hooked up with the frosties? Anyway I am glad the frosties are gone, next please be the horndogs. The team I am rooting for is MOJO, they seem to be like Jon & Chris. Go nerds, still racing strong. If BJ would stop or tone down his mugging for the cameras I'd like the hippies more.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby yikes on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:15 pm

Let's see...

Eric mistakes a man for a woman, I can live with.

Eric continually making comments about getting into the Pinkies' pants: worrisome.

Eric saying "I oughta smack you woman" to Phil? Yeah. HAAAATE. (Jeremy is only slighty better.)

The hippies didn't bug as much, but still loving the Nerds and Momiree. Glamazons? You won't be missed.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby HansTAR06 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:16 pm

*sniff* glamazons are gone...

anyways, i think the Amazing Editors did a good job at keeping u guessing at who was last...unless i missed some blatantly obvious clue....

did anyone else notice that they didn't exaclty start the leg where they finished the last one? they seemed to start outside the stadium
HansTAR06
yielded

Postby Giuseppe on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:16 pm

This leg went by in a heartbeat. Pitstop clue barely at the halfway point of the show? Wow. Have they ever done a roadblock right off the bat like that? An interesting way of immediately staggering the teams again after an HOH bunch...
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby Takin it Easy on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:25 pm

Won't miss the Frosties at all. They seemed like they didn't have a clue what they had signed up for. Goodness, if you can't drive a VW, you're going to need a tremendous amount of luck.

Loved the Nerds' line about payback for Chemistry class! Heh, I can sorta relate to that.

The chemistry and comradrie between this cast so far looks pretty good.
Takin it Easy
the world is waiting

Postby drewfidelic on Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:28 am

anyways, i think the Amazing Editors did a good job at keeping u guessing at who was last...unless i missed some blatantly obvious clue....

It was noticeably (but not too significantly) lighter outside the windows of the oldsters' car than outside the windows of the shrieking sisters' car as each approached the pit stop.

All in all, a solid episode with a decently-designed leg.
Last edited by drewfidelic on Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
drewfidelic
yielded

Postby Mama Tiger on Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:29 am

I was just sorry that when whichever of the NippleRingDuo it was called Phil a woman, Phil's eyebrow didn't shoot out a laser and incinerate the little tool on the spot. I turned to my hubby and said, "He is now dead to me!" and I meant it. As of right now, they should be on the receiving end of a major karmic smackdown for treating Phil like that!

Why did so many teams go up the first staircase? It only takes 2 seconds to stop and think and save yourself 20 minutes down the road. Taking a brief pause between reading the clue and acting on it can make all the difference between winning losing. The hippies appear to be racing smarter than anybody else, which is good since they're still one of my favorite teams.

I also still adore the nerds. That was so cute when he said whatever it was that was so supremely silly, and she just about fell on the ground laughing. They just have so much fun with each other, what's not to love?

Lake is reminding me more of Colin and less of Jonathan -- he's intense more than anything else (although he still can cross the line the way he speaks to his wife). Except that Colin was a much, much smarter racer. We'll see how he does when he's burned up his initial supply of adrenalin and is running on reserve batteries; he may almost become tolerable. Except for that accent: "HAY-ull no!"

I was glad to see the last of the Glamazons. I think they truly had NO idea what they were getting themselves in for. People who just watch the show and don't hang out obsessively online and learn more about the actual workings of it probably have no idea it's as physically and mentally demanding as it is. I was glad the one sister was able to keep it together, at least; two of them crying would have been too much. Plus they simply don't cry as cutely as Carissa!

Fran and Barry are making the strangest decisions. Choosing the ascenders, when it was pretty obvious the other task would be neither physically demanding nor require a PhD in chemistry? If they survive another week, I'll be shocked. I'm actually quite disappointed in them; I thought they looked more promising than they've turned out to be.

Weaver girls, take note of Yolanda in those little teeny shorts. Now THAT is how you are supposed to look to wear them properly!
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Next

Return to Past Seasons