TAR 8-10: The Family Christmas Card

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

TAR 8-10: The Family Christmas Card

Postby miri on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:01 pm

Grrrrrrrrrr
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby leew261 on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:02 pm

Dammit, dammit, dammit! Now I'll be biting my nails and pacing during the finale.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby Whiterabbit on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:04 pm

Aw, SHIT.
Whiterabbit
bunched

Postby Kanuck on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:08 pm

yawn. and I refuse to admit that it's possible for the Weavers to win.
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:11 pm

Bummer. However, at least it wasn't the Linz or Bransens that lost.

Speaking of while, while I'm happy that the Bransens won a car, the fact that they beat the Linz for this also?

I blame Ray.

Wow, not only was that traffic stop a Bluff, it wasn't even 30 seconds long! Whatever. The Godlewskis bittered too much. Have fun in Seqes-- or running decoys!
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby bluelena on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:17 pm

Shit.

This will make for an interesting TARCon.

I was just hoping there would be a task that would involve Nick Linz taking his clothes off.
bluelena
TARfly

Postby leew261 on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:23 pm

What I want to know is, how do you split a car four ways? Shouldn't the Bransens have gotten four cars? Sounds fair to me.

Aside from the fact that obnoxious, hateful Weavers have a chance of winning this sorry edition of the race, tonight's show bummed me because the Godlewskis, my pre-race favs, were eliminated. But I must admit they were at the end of their rope. I hope looking back at the race they are taking more from it than their post-race comments would indicate. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Dammit!
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby JennyBean on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:30 pm

That traffic stop could have been the end of the hateful family for good. In my mind, the Godlewski's past them, laughing and throwing garbage out their windows at them....they even flashed them their 'fake boobs'. Dang, then I realized I was dreaming.

Go Linzes, Go Bransens! :)
JennyBean
yielded

Postby Bart Ender on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:30 pm

There was a time last season, when Ray and Deana won the RAV4, that I wondered if I should see if my employer would want to support such a fine show as TAR.

I took no action. So don't blame me for the product placement sledgehammer. (Blaming MJ is OK). But hey, at least big advertisers are supporting the show.

There was a spoiler for the Huntsville activities that specifically mentioned the GMC Yukon XLs - so I knew something was up then. I have no contacts, and the only contact a friend/coworker/TARfan had managed to hide the Oprah stunt from her, so there was nothing to go on there.

I'm kind of shocked that they didn't make a big deal about Rolly not wearing a seat belt. If you found a company vehicle parked in a public place, you would see a sticker on the window stating that all passengers are required to wear their seat belts inside the vehicle.

Seat belts save lives, yo.

As much as I wanted the Weavers to go, I could tell by the difference in sky color between the shots of the Godlewskis and the Weavers that I knew the sisters were gone. They both deserved to go.
Bart Ender
fast forwarding

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:32 pm

Wow, that sucked. Although the Godlewskis totally bickered themselves right into Sequester.

At least the scenery was pretty. (Yeah, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here.)
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby miri on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:38 pm

I think Rolly wasn't the only one sans seat belt. And the driver should have been cited for not wearing hers correctly (under the arm pit doesn't count).

Rolly running around the teepee whooping (perhaps sounding like he was mocking Indians) and then getting all freaked out because the Indian chief was staring at him? Damn weird.

One of the Godlewskis - "Not enough chiefs and too many" (pause, perhaps remembering where she is, what she's doing, and who's standing nearby, "somethings." Heh.
miri

Postby yikes on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:39 pm

Mama Tiger wrote:

At least the scenery was pretty.

Like Phil's pants? (Yeah I said it. And don't act you didn't notice it yourselves either.)

The Gadzookskis did themselves in. And how sad that Sharon's exit interview sounded like an interview from a couple that was heading for splitsville a la Lenny and Karyn?
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby Abiz on Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:16 pm

I liked the teepee task, at least. It looked more challenging than "put on funny clothes and get your picture taken...." It looked like the teams doing the wagon option had a helper dude, though.

And the Godlewskis needed to go. As much as I wanted to see the Weavers out of it, the Pinks were really awful to each other to the point that it interfered with their racing, and thus deserved to be removed from the race. They were more about fighting with each other than they were about racing there at the end. Very awful to watch that exit interview, too. I mean, most teams can at least muster the grace to say, "it was fun and I enjoyed parts of the experience."
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby DavidK93 on Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:17 pm

Well, of course I noticed Phil's pants, yikes. I think they poked me in the retina.
DavidK93
at the start line

Postby Whiterabbit on Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:21 pm

Phil's pants...oh my. He needs to wear those more. Like, all the time.

Okay, so there was at least one good thing about this leg!
Whiterabbit
bunched

Next

Return to Past Seasons