TAR 8-9: Don't Talk to Me like I Was an Animal or Something

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

TAR 8-9: Don't Talk to Me like I Was an Animal or Something

Postby miri on Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:57 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby DouginNYC on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:02 pm

*yawn*

Is this season over yet?
DouginNYC
road blocked

Postby yikes on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:03 pm

Phil sitting on a fence? (swoon!)

Oh you wanted a comment? I SOOO saw the TBC coming.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby DariaG on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:04 pm

The problem with this season is that there are some things that are more fun to do than to watch, and the Race is making us watch the tasks that are more fun to do. Being near Old Faithful and watching it is more fun than watching someone else watch Old Faithful, for example.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby Big Slick on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:05 pm

Maybe Ma Weaver will find herself screaming at a cop in the local jail and throwing money on the ground and shit. Oh, except, wait, she's nowhere near as interesting as Colin.
Big Slick
TARfly

Postby Hildy on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:07 pm

Those Goodwhiskey sister certainly do like to gang up, don't they?

And every episode, I increasingly find the Linzes to be entitled, arrogant frat-brats. They must mock even when they are in the wrong. At this point in time, the only team I even like is the Bransons. Which means they are gone next week.
Hildy
taking a detour

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:07 pm

All I could think about was how chapped the Weaver girls' asses and legs would be after riding in those skanky shorts. Yeeeouch!
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby Maniller Sixty Five on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:09 pm

Something new I learned today was that the Tree of Utah was "built to bring color and beauty" to the stark landscape. Of course, Phil phails to tell us that "Members of the ill-fated Donner Party were tragically delayed in this area before their awful demise in the Sierra Nevada mountains." (No kidding. It's on Utah's tourism web site.)

The "surprise ending" was definitely predictable. Still, Phil casually sitting on a phence while teams trip over themselves to reach the mat was kind of phunny.
Maniller Sixty Five
at the start line

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:15 pm

Phil sitting on a fence? (swoon!)

But it's like he's bored with the season himself!

Despite the fact that it was obvious, a TBC following a NEL?

I blame MJ.

Although I'm glad that it was a TBC, since the Linz and Godlewskis were in the back of the pact, and more importantly, Megan could've been the deciding factor in the fate of the Linzes.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:15 pm

I also wondered for a moment why none of the tourists would have noticed the racers running around -- Old Faithful is kind of a popular tourist site. But then I realized that, first, they didn't even put up a clue box, just had the fireman standing there to give them their clues, and second, they seemed to be separated from the regular viewing areas. Good planning, that. Not that it makes up for the rest of the crap-ass planning we've seen this time around, but at least it did prevent lots of spoiler photos. Assuming anybody at Old Faithful that day was aware enough of the race to take photos, of course.
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

"I'll take out Wally"

Postby weejessica on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:17 pm

First post here. :] Hii!

Maniller Sixty Five wrote:The "surprise ending" was definitely predictable. Still, Phil casually sitting on a phence while teams trip over themselves to reach the mat was kind of phunny.

Definitely saw it coming. I liked Rolly's plan of trying to take out Wally. Too bad he like passed out when they beat him.

Oh well. Next Episode looks interesting.

~Jessica

[**Lightbulb** Rolly and Wally rhyme
weejessica
the world is waiting

Postby leew261 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:18 pm

Despite the fact that it was obvious, a TBC following a NEL?

Plus the week that they were pre-empted by the stupid CMA awards. It's been forever since the last elimination and it's getting to the racers -- they all seemed extra cranky and unpleasant tonight.

This season can't end soon enough.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby cutecouple on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:23 pm

I liked Old Faithful as a bunch point - touristy, in the daylight for once, and capricously random. Guaranteed foot races.

As for the rest of the episode - mmmfh. Towards the end I put in the first TAR 1 DVD and started switching back and forth. Could see the NEL/TBC coming.

I'm guessing there was a big f-up with the battery swap schedule that caused car battery problems. Perhaps the camera crews haven't switched since the last elimination.

Nice to see the Weavers get a Roadblock that they could totally kick ass at.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby Piperdown on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:27 pm

Man this show is dull. The interaction between the teams is mildly entertaining but only because it's so petty and stupid. This episode definitely proved that the Weavers are bat-shit crazy. And the poor Linz's they really got screwed by that production delay. It's stupid that they didn't get a time credit. It was wierd that they mentioned it though, and yet didn't last episode for the Godlewskis.
Piperdown
TARfly

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:36 pm

Watch the Weavers get a time credit due to their traffic stop. Given the dullness of this season, I really wouldn't be shocked at all.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Next

Return to Past Seasons