TAR 8-8: How's That Face Feel?

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

TAR 8-8: How's That Face Feel?

Postby miri on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:00 pm

Mormons 1
Christians 0
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Bart Ender on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:03 pm

Did somebody say shout-out?

(I seriously don't think the bear was a shout-out. But I think I'll be using one of miri's screencaps as a new screen saver.)
Bart Ender
fast forwarding

Postby leew261 on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:04 pm

Damn, damn, damn!!! I knew it was going to be a non-elim since they spent so much time talking about it, but still -- damn!!!

God, I hate those obnoxious, hypocritical assholes!

Utah is beautiful, though.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby theamazingracer on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:07 pm

Mormons 1
Christians 0

People watching Next Week 0

I gotsta see me that bear.
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby Abiz on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:09 pm

leew261 wrote:Utah is beautiful, though.

Yeah, once again, we were at some of the same locations, only 2 days before TAR was there. From Page, we also drove to Monument Valley and then to Moab. Monument Valley is really just unbelievable. It doesn't seem real. And there's tons of stuff to see in the Moab area.

I was definitely in denial mode, and convinced it would be an elimination. *sigh*
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby djeber on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:11 pm

What is the point of putting a Yeild in a non-elim leg? What good is it to delay a team by half an hour if it's not going to get them out of the game? You know they're just gonna bunch on the next leg. This makes the kind of sense that doesn't.

Man, even the editors hate the Weavers. Did Ma Weaver actually say "Ice cream is re-vigorating and injuvenating?"

Although this episode was fairly lame, Bart the bear was kind of cool. I think my favorite part of the episode was watching him and his trainer play in the background while the Linzes read their clue.
djeber
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby yikes on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:14 pm

Phil? I love thee greatly, but Shut. UP. The Weevils clearly don't want to be there. Why even waste the energy? This better be a setup that they fall big time on the final ep.

And I want Bart to be a greeter at every stop. He can eat a team that production doesn't care for.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby Abiz on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:16 pm

djeber wrote:I think my favorite part of the episode was watching him and his trainer play in the background while the Linzes read their clue.

That was awesome! I saw him rolling around on the ground waving his legs -- hilarious.

Usually I find the Linz's humor a little juvenile, but the Yogi Bear references were actually pretty funny.

Bart did kind of save the episode. Though it was nice to see the detour actually having two physically demanding tasks. Anybody else wonder how they got back up to the top after they finished the task?
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby DavidK93 on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:17 pm

djeber wrote:Did Ma Weaver actually say "Ice cream is re-vigorating and injuvenating?"

Yes. Yes, she did. Personally, I find it more subplenishing. It brings me great outfillment.
DavidK93
at the start line

Postby Piperdown on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:20 pm

The only exciting part was going to be the Weavers getting eliminated, and teh damn show took that away. Fuck this season is lame. Utah was pretty beautiful though, and yet the Weavers still only complained.

Good to see that the Linzs finally won a leg.
Piperdown
TARfly

Postby theamazingracer on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:24 pm

djeber wrote:Did Ma Weaver actually say "Ice cream is re-vigorating and injuvenating?"

I think she struggles with big words and their meanings. I mean, Pennsylvania, Ponchartrain, re-vigorating, injuvenating, non-elimination, Phil...

ETA becaws kirect speeling is impotent, and I suck at quoting, and to add this:

100 posts! Woo. Hoo. Boy, that Yielded phase sure went quick.
Last edited by theamazingracer on Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:29 pm

I was yelling, "No, Phil!" as he encouraged them. While Miss Latin Utah stood there with a look of beautiful horror on her face at the imbeciles in front of her.

Bart the bear rolling around was cute -- but only through a camera lens. A grizzly is a grizzly is a grizzly, i.e. just about the most dangerous animal to walk the face of the earth. I would not have been pleased to get that close to Bart, even if ti did look like there was a barely-knee-high probably electric fence between Bart and the contestants. Like that would stop a grizzly bear who decided to have a Weaver for lunch? (Although, come to think of it, so what if it didn't?)

I'm not sure how, but the Linzes' juvenile humor has definitely snuck up on me. I've gotten to really enjoy them in the last couple of weeks especially -- they just have so much fun doing everything they can do on the Race. I didn't think I'd really care about any of the teams left (that I didn't hate, that is), but the Linzes seem like a nice bunch of kids. And a good-looking bunch, too.
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby Maniller Sixty Five on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:33 pm

Congratulations on your 100 posts, theamazingracer!

As for this week's episode ...

Oddly, the Linzes amused me somewhat this week. As expected, they pronouced "Butte" as "Butt". And the Yogi Bear impression was cute. The face plant at the bottom of the ski jump was so typically Linz. At least they're having fun. And they even won a trip to exotic ... Wyoming.

There was so much potential with Bart the Bear (which is Utah's version of Les the BP Guy), but as usual, they dumbed it down. I mean, didn't teams actually have to go into a shark tank in a previous season? In this episode, teams didn't even get close enough to get the clue from Bart's mouth. They got it from Bart's handler. Or how about sending teams into a field of grizzly bears, only one of whom answers to the name of "Bart"?
Maniller Sixty Five
at the start line

Postby miri on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:44 pm

Phil? I love thee greatly, but Shut. UP. The Weevils clearly don't want to be there. Why even waste the energy? This better be a setup that they fall big time on the final ep.

No shit. If his talk helps them do well next week...I don't know what I'll do with the Phil love. I'm so conflicted.

Love how the Weaver's belief system means they don't deserve bad treatment. Shouldn't that go more about how you treat others?

The scenery was great, but why just have them ride in the helicopter? They should have had them ride down to the clue in a rescue basket or something.
miri

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:49 pm

The Phil love will always be there. The total disappointment will be in full effect though. Kinda how my parents love me but get pissed at all of the stupid things that I do.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Next

Return to Past Seasons