TAR 8-7: You Look Ridiculous

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

TAR 8-7: You Look Ridiculous

Postby miri on Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:56 pm

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's back to the states we go.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby PButtercup on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:02 pm

I love Ma Paolo:

"Why are we going to Pheonix, Arizona? I want to go to New Zealand!"

Those Weavers - talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Classless, indeed!
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby Abiz on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:03 pm

Man!! We were at the Grand Canyon (7/18) and in Page at Horseshoe Bend (7/19) within a day or so of when TAR:FE was there! I actually went to look at the pictures we took to see if there were any boats or cameramen. No luck, though. But based on the timelines I've seen, they were there around the same date.

I can vouch for the fact that it was insanely hot. 100 degrees on the South Canyon rim, and 108 in Page.
Last edited by Abiz on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby Giuseppe on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:03 pm

Grrrr...the Linz boys were in Atlanta and I didn't know it? Who's responsible for keeping me informed of such things? You're so fired.

Phil's reaction to the Paolos needlessly covered in clothing was hysterical. Aw, bye Paolos. I ended up liking you guys.
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:04 pm

Well, crap. Just when I finally really start liking the Paolos, they get philiminated.

And it was her plaintive cry, "I don't WANT to go to Arizona -- I want to go to New Zealand!" that finally truly did it for me. Oh, that and DJ's, "This is a big river. I could drown you and nobody would ever find the body!"
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby cutecouple on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:05 pm

I had to work late tonight, and was looking forward to watching whatever came after TAR. Instead, I was vaguely annoyed to find that this was a 2 hour TAR, and watched anyway.

The Paolos were difficult to take at times, but they remained themselves, and didn't take anything out on any other teams (that I could remember).
cutecouple
bunched

Postby bluelena on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:05 pm

Shit. I am the kiss of death once I decide to root for a team.

psst.... Linzes .... I'm not gonna sing your praises just yet, but I hope you win!
bluelena
TARfly

Postby DariaG on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:12 pm

Okay, so let me get this straight: one of the Godlewskis tries to comfort one of the emotionally fragile and poorly-equipped-for-life Weavers, then the little Weaver bitch turns around and calls the Godlewskis "deceitful" and mean?

How can the Weavers stand to live such a paranoid and hostile existence?

At least the Paolos have fun between fights. Sheesh!

I was hoping they'd go to Montezuma's Castle since they were in Yavapai territory, because that would have been the most interesting place near the first pit stop and it lends itself to a real clue instead of just instructions. Oh, well.

I've been to Lipan Point at the Grand Canyon, Page, and Antelope Point on Lake Powell, but not as recently as Abiz. It's really much prettier in the spring, and not as ridiculously hot.

The Weavers just have to go next. They are truly the worst team ever!
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby Tribefan on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:38 pm

Dear Lord, I really hate the Weavers. Please make them lose. Thank you.

These are probably the most hypocritical people ever to run the race. It's almost painful to watch.

Oh, and I love when they cornered DJ about why the Paolos yielded them and when he said that he wanted to knock a team out of the race they were shocked! Shocked, I tell you!!! They really don't get it, do they?

Is this the first time that Phil ever got the title quote? I don't keep track of such things. But Mrs. Paolo with her white underpants over her shorts was freaking hilarious.
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:43 pm

Is this the first time that Phil ever got the title quote?

Aside from the finale of TAR6 and TAR7, IIRC, the only other time was when they started to do these quotes. Other than that, I don't think so.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby rabrab on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:45 pm

Arrgh. The Waevers made me just stare agog at them.
Throwing crap out the car windows?

Running up to a church screaming?

Crying about go-karts? GO-KARTS!? My bro-in-law was making comments in the background, and at that point he said, you might be able to roll one of those go-karts. If you came at it from the side with a forklift. Maybe. Geez. I wonder if they gave up Burger King and 7-11's, since both of those places had NASCAR tie-ins over the last year.

Gritching that they're all alone, but then in the next breath calling the other teams classless? Gee, maybe that's why they don't want to have anything to do with you, ya think, maybe?

And I am further validated in my opinion that the younger Weaver daughter at least, is making a career out of being a distraught orphan.

Anyway. Bye, Paolo's. It was fun. And Mama, I hope you get to go to New Zealand someday.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby miri on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:48 pm

Oh, and I love when they cornered DJ about why the Paolos yielded them and when he said that he wanted to knock a team out of the race they were shocked! Shocked, I tell you!!! They really don't get it, do they?

They get it when they are thinking about it. As MaWeaver snotted, "you don't have any yields left and we do, sweets." Nice.
miri

Postby yikes on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:53 pm

rabrab wrote:Anyway. Bye, Paolo's. It was fun. And Mama, I hope you get to go to New Zealand someday.

Well she knows Phil now. Instant tour guide!

Now I realized my Catholic mission: to be at TARCon to hiss at the Weavers each time they appear. Lord, if that be your will, make it happen.

They are about to surpass my Jhole hate. This is indeed a gloomy day.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby rabrab on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:58 pm

They've already surpassed mine. J was an ass to someone who chose to put up with it. The Weavers are asses to people who have no real choice in the matter. And with that "You don't have any Yields left and we do, sweets," comment, Mama W sealed that she's a hypocritical, condescending ass--what happened to "We're above that"?
rabrab
TARfly

Postby miri on Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:07 am

Was it just me, or did the guy handing out the clues at the race track look a lot like Bertram?
miri

Next

Return to Past Seasons