TAR 8-6: I'm Sick of Doing Stuff I Can't Do

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

TAR 8-6: I'm Sick of Doing Stuff I Can't Do

Postby miri on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:07 pm

discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby leew261 on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:10 pm

Dammit! The Weavers definitely have the luck of the extremely obnoxious. It makes me sick every time the other teams call them "Florida" -- what an insult to my home state. And damn you, amazing editors, for making me feel sorry for Carissa as she stood there crying. Damn you to hell!
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:12 pm

I really didn't feel anything when Carissa got Philiminated. I don't like it, but I wasn't heartbroken. Too many close calls (although it would've been nice if they made it here, given the Weavers were Yielded, and actually passed the Gaghans themselves)...consecutively, which meant it was inevitable for their end to come tonight.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby PButtercup on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:17 pm

I feel sorrier for Phil - I am sure he's standing there thinking: "When did I sign up for making little kids cry?"

The Wevils are getting on my last nerve - nasty.
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby JenEx on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:18 pm

Gah. I would have been happy either way, but I'd rather have seen the Weavers go. Ma W was particularly obnoxious tonight, although I was entertained by the brief vision of her taking off across Costa Rica in a minivan, leaving the kids stranded in the field with the camera crew.

Also, note to Ma Weaver: if you ARE doing it, then it's not something you CAN'T do. I'm just saying.
JenEx
TARfly

Postby miri on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:20 pm

JenEx wrote:Ma W was particularly obnoxious tonight, although I was entertained by the brief vision of her taking off across Costa Rica in a minivan, leaving the kids stranded in the field with the camera crew.

I kept hoping! I'm sad to see the Gaghans go. I was enjoying them. But I'm telling you - who would have thought the Paolos would be doing this good? I loved that Ma Paolo did the roadblock and got props from the kids for doing it.
miri

Postby DavidK93 on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:21 pm

PButtercup wrote:I feel sorrier for Phil - I am sure he's standing there thinking: "When did I sign up for making little kids cry?"

And aside from Phil, the greeter looked absolutely heartbroken at what they were doing.
DavidK93
at the start line

Postby yikes on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:24 pm

1) New CTV bumper complete with Phil eyebrow. Wheee!

2) When all remaining teams are ITCHING to Yield your ass, you must be that hated. And tonight, the Weaver hate is on par with my Romber/Jhole hate. It's that bad.

3) Nooooo!!! Not little girl! I like you now, honest!
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby DariaG on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:25 pm

The Paolos were great. Marion seems to have toned up just in the short time they've been racing, and the boys have completely come around. Racing to improve the relationship finally works! I'm happy for them.

And the Gaghans were never dysfunctional in the first place. Carissa isn't that much younger than Phil's daughter, so I imagine that was rough for him. But they weren't strong enough to keep going. I also kept thinking that Tammy was wasting time spreading out the beans when she should have been on her hands and knees.

The Weavers remind me of the small-minded people I left behind when I left home (not my wonderful parents, but the rest of the town). I really wish they'd gone to India just to freak them out. And the nerve they had to make fun of Tony Paolo's garbage truck. He's got 10 times more class than they'll ever have.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby PButtercup on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:28 pm

And the nerve they had to make fun of Tony Paolo's garbage truck. He's got 10 times more class than they'll ever have.

Amen!
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby leew261 on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:28 pm

And tonight, the Weaver hate is on par with my Romber/Jhole hate.

Same here -- and I didn't think it was possible that I could hate another team I hated as much as those two. Bravo, Weavers!
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby Maniller Sixty Five on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:33 pm

This wasn't a bad leg, but it could have been better. I'm still hating the chartered transportation. Their interaction with the locals has been nearly nonexistent on this trip.

The Paolos at the mat was mildly amusing. They spent a good couple of seconds arguing before Phil got a word in edgewise, "You're team number one." Then of course Papa Paolo gave him another hug, but I suspect he's come to expect that by now.

OMG, Phil made a little girl cry tonight! I admit, I wasn't a Gaghan fan, and I was thinking I'd enjoy seeing the little one tear up when Philimination happened, but it didn't turn out to be that satisfying. In the pre-interviews, the kids were bragging about how sneaky they were going to be. I would have loved to see Carissa let out a loud, Emmy-worthy wail of disappointment in an attempt to make Phil feel guilty for kicking her family off the race. Not that it would have worked, but still ...
Maniller Sixty Five
at the start line

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:38 pm

The Wevils are getting on my last nerve - nasty.

I thought I'd never say this, but this creppy-looking crew makes Kendra out to be like Kris or Jill. However, while I love Joe and Bill post-race, they could never be more "evil" than the Guidos, and obviously their nastiness is forced here IMO.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby DouginNYC on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:42 pm

I still think this season sucks. There was very little racing involved.

I seem to always be in the minority with hated teams. I just don't hate the Weavers. They remind me so much of people I went to college with. I'm so confused as to why all the other teams hate them so much, especially when there is DJ Paolo.

I hate DJ Paolo and can’t believe he is 24 years old.

I fear we'll never see the TAR we love back.
DouginNYC
road blocked

Postby FrankTheTank on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:55 pm

Tony Paolo could be one of my favorite racers in awhile. That guy cracks me up.

It was interesting that they all parked so far away, yet I never saw a flag or sign telling them to park there. They usually show the designated parking areas in these kind of situations.

I liked when Ma Weaver tried to ask that guy for help when their van got stuck, and he just stood there all confused!

ETA: And Adam walking the ocean floor in the diving suit was hardly an amazing achievement. More like hysterically pathetic. Who is coming up with these "amazing achievements"? The only one they got right was Colin passing Karen(?) in the climb.
FrankTheTank
bunched

Next

Return to Past Seasons