TAR 8-4: Think Like an Office Chair

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

TAR 8-4: Think Like an Office Chair

Postby miri on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:02 pm

Discuss

They must have done something right this week - I was actually rooting for someone and worried they wouldn't make it.

And if you are ever on the Race and it goes two your hometown? Doomed! Doomed, I tell you!
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Abiz on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:06 pm

Trailer parks in Mississippi!? BOO! Nothing like feeding a stereotype.

And how depressing was it to see New Orleans intact?
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby leew261 on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:07 pm

I can't believe this episode was not a non-elim. This is either going to be a short season or there will be a string of non-elims later -- yawn.

Lots of bickering and infighting, as if KF is setting in. I'd love to see this whole bunch maneuver through just one India leg from a previous season.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:08 pm

So the curse of home turf strikes again, and the Schroeders get Philiminated practically in their own back yard.

From the Taj Mahal to a trailer park in Hattiesburg, MS. Which I've driven past multiple times. Ah, how low has TAR sunk?

On a less depressed note, however, for those who are wondering, Preservation Hall came through Katrina entirely unharmed, and all its musicians are reported as safe.

It was the sight of the greeter that brought me to tears, though -- he's the parade leader for the Olympia Brass Band, and a sweeter bunch of old jazz musicians you will not find anywhere. We used to listen to them play at every festival, and their parade leader would bring them in in a grand entrance with his big fancy decorated black umbrella. I'm pretty sure he and the band are okay, since they play at Preservation Hall regularly, too.
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby yikes on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:09 pm

Eesh. The Schroeders not only lose in their hometown, they lose their hometown a month later. That said, Pa Schroeder? A cop isn't going to lie to you about a location. And Stassi had MAJOR KF.

I didn't mind the leg so much, other than the shock (shock!) that Paolos almost won because the parents did the brunt of the detour. And Pa Paolo IS worse than Mirna when it comes to hugging.

And I'm warming up to Little Girl Carissa. (Checks her head for a fever.) I have to be delirious to say that.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby Giuseppe on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:10 pm

"Lake Ponchartrain is one of the five Great Lakes"

Oh. Oh Linda. Oh Linda, no.
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:11 pm

I can't believe this episode was not a non-elim. This is either going to be a short season or there will be a string of non-elims later -- yawn.

It was kind of 55/44 it was an elimination. ClownJon has his show tomorrow (and it wouldn't make sense to debut it when no one's out), and they had to knock enough people out before next week (now they're down to 24, the same # of folks in TAR3 and TAR4).

Also and this is a prediction, it'll probably set up a NEL next week, then a Philimination, and then the slated TBC on the 8th of November (no TAR on 11/15). This way, we won't have consecutive NEL and Philiminations in the early parts of TARFE.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby cutecouple on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:14 pm

Giuseppe wrote:"Lake Ponchartrain is one of the five Great Lakes"

Sometimes I think she says stuff, just to keep 'em going.

That was really weird seeing the Superdome and the Convention Center. Actually, seeing the shots of N.O. was weird, because I didn't really learn about New Orleans until after Katrina.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby bluelena on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:17 pm

For RachelRSL:

That was SO not Sawyer that handed them that clue.
bluelena
TARfly

Postby Maniller Sixty Five on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:18 pm

*yawn* For the life of me, I don't know why I keep watching this show. It was slightly better than last week, but then again, last week was pretty bad.

So this week we got a giant chair, party bikes, mobile homes, a BP gas station, and children gambling. Then the pitstop was in pre-Katrina New Orleans.

Honestly, the only thing I was mildly amused by is that the Paolos ran a fairly successful leg ... despite Paolo Boy #2's injury (papercut). Yes, I admit it: I'm fast becoming a fan of the dysfunctional Cleaver family.
Maniller Sixty Five
at the start line

Postby miri on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:21 pm

I think I've figured out the theme of this season (well, besides family and America): big. The big shoe, the world's biggest office chair, the biggest race track. How exciting.
Last edited by miri on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miri

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:21 pm

cutecouple wrote:
Giuseppe wrote:"Lake Ponchartrain is one of the five Great Lakes"

Sometimes I think she says stuff, just to keep 'em going.

And other times, for me, one of two things crossed my mind: It's either she's lost her mind due to the loss of her husband, or it's the editing that labels her as a legit idiot.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby leew261 on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:21 pm

a BP gas station

That had to be the worst clue location ever.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby drewfidelic on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:24 pm

Sri Lanka. New Orleans. Perhaps TAR10 should avoid locations near water...
Last edited by drewfidelic on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drewfidelic
yielded

Postby Hildy on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:25 pm

I wasn't even going to watch this season. Then I tuned in just for the heck of it, and now I'm finding that I really love this cozy trip across the kitsch of America. For some reason the stuff like big chairs and houses shaped like a shoe are the things I want to stop at when I go wandering around blue highways. All that said, the trip to the raceway bugged the snot out of me (and I have a sinus infection, so that's a lot of snot.) Tacky, sensationalistic, looking for tears and a Learning Moment from the Weavers. Yuck. NOLA broke my heart.
Hildy
taking a detour

Next

Return to Past Seasons