TAR 8-3: I Don't Kiss, I Make Out

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

TAR 8-3: I Don't Kiss, I Make Out

Postby miri on Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:58 pm

Poop
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Abiz on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:02 pm

So who said the episode title? And in what context?

(When will my mom learn not to call during this show? :)
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby yikes on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:10 pm

"If you haven't noticed, gravity is pushing down on me."

Never would have guessed that, Phil.

And free gas for LIFE?! How the hell are you going to tax that? (Though with gas prices these days, the Bransens won the jackpot.)
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby leew261 on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:12 pm

Free gas for life? Damn that's the best prize ever for winning a leg!

Of all of the teams on the last bus, the Aiellos are the only ones I didn't want eliminated. The Paolos and the Weavers have the luck of the obnoxious working for them.

Hope the Pink Ladies breakdown next week isn't as bad as it looked -- they are still my favs.
Last edited by leew261 on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby GinevradiBenci on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:12 pm

Lord, how many different ways can we mispronounce Dulles?

This was a very odd episode, and not well planned at all. And I seriously doubt it's going to happen, but I want to see the Weavers in India trying to cope, because if you go crazy with no sleep while still in AMERICA, then the breakdown in a foreign country would be truly awe-inspiring.
GinevradiBenci
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby tazz765 on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:16 pm

yikes wrote: And free gas for LIFE?! How the hell are you going to tax that? (Though with gas prices these days, the Bransens won the jackpot.)

Hopefully they have a BP close to them unlike me where the closes one is about 40 miles away.

How much easier are they going to make it when all the familes are provided with a free driver who happened to have a cell phone? At least they could have made them tell the drivers directions to the airport. I wonder if the Weavers bitching made that guy stop at the Waffle House to shut them up.
Last edited by tazz765 on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tazz765
at the start line

Postby Abiz on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:17 pm

leew261 wrote:Free gas for life? Damn that's the best prize ever for winning a leg!

Yeah, though only at BP and Arco stations. Arco is only in the west in the US. Not sure about BP. So you get free gas, but it's 1,000 miles to the station?
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:22 pm

Free gas for life? Damn that's the best prize ever for winning a leg!

ITA. Rather than having to conserve with 87 or 89, they can use 93. All. The. Time.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby Babalu on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:25 pm

Dang. Miss Alli said in last week's recap that it was a win/win situation with the Paolos and Rogerses as the final 2. This week, it was lose/lose. I'm glad the Gaghans are still around, but I sure hate to see the last of the Aiellos.

The Weavers aren't any too popular with the other racers. Even Papa Gaghan, who seems like a sweetheart, was glad they were crying. Probably part of it was just because he wanted a competitive team to lose their edge, but I think there was a bit of personal animosity, too.

Roadblock was lame in my opinion. It looked exciting in the previews, but in reality all they had to do was get in the capsule and be spun around. There was no way for anybody to lose or make up time.

The Linz boys think they're a lot funnier than they really are, don't they? I have no idea which is which and I don't intend to expend any brain cells to figure it out.
Babalu
gal friday & chief lei person

Postby leew261 on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:28 pm

The Linz boys think they're a lot funnier than they really are, don't they?

Yes they do, but in reality one just as assy as the next. They join the Paolos and Weavers on my "can't wait til they're eliminated" list.

Oh, and if I hear Ma Weaver or any of her spawn invoke the name of God or Jesus one more time, I'm going to send a donation to the Church of Satan.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby DariaG on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:34 pm

This was my least favorite of the three episodes thus far. I don't mind the Linzes, probably because I have brothers and since I do this for the younger kids, I'll give them a pass for acting their ages. Don't like the Weavers or the Paolos, though -- don't see anything to like there at all.

Next week could be squirm-inducing. Yeah, I don't like the Weavers, but I can't believe they actually have to confront such a painful event in their lives by going to a racetrack. I don't hate them enough to wish this on them.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby DouginNYC on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:46 pm

I've been keeping an open mind about the Family edition, but I felt tonight that this is going terribly, terribly wrong. I just have a bad feeling about the rest of the season. If they cast the Weavers knowing full well they'll be going to a race track I'll never forgive them. That's too cruel and I thought the Amazing Race was better then that (even after they cast J&V). If they think that makes good TV they are sick.

I have mixed feelings about the Weavers. While the mentioning the Lord crap has got to end, I don't understand why all the other teams hate them so much. It's obvious they've never traveled and they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, I don't see what they've done to deserve all that nastiness from other teams (which should be directed at the Paolo's). Maybe I went to college with so many people like then that I can’t muster so much hate for them.

The Rocket camp portion was so poorly designed. It all came down to picking the numbers. That's not racing. They should have had the AOL promotion, then the spinning thing, then the race to the mat. Then maybe Ma Paolo might have keeled over and they would have been eliminated.

I want my Race back; although I'm finally ready to admit I don't think it's ever truly coming back
DouginNYC
road blocked

Postby miri on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:49 pm

Right when they got to Space Camp? Something happened to one of the Linz boys eyes and they go wacky for awhile. I thought maybe he was being possessed by a Weaver - they look that freaky.

(Yes, I'm making screen grabs, why do you ask?)
miri

Postby FrankTheTank on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:50 pm

Abiz wrote:So who said the episode title? And in what context?

(When will my mom learn not to call during this show? :)

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. I don't remember hearing that at all.

I liked how the first half was all about Char saying that she was more of friends with Mark's kids than the evil stepmom, then you have Hunter calling her a bitch!

And that's just cruel that they have the Weavers go to Talladega. Unfortunately this means that there will probably be a lot of them in next week's episode.

It was good to see the Bransens at the front of the pack. Now that the Aiellos and Brittney Rogers are gone, I don't have any other teams to really root for. The Linzes are ok, but really cheesy, and the youngest brother tries too hard to be funny.
FrankTheTank
bunched

Postby Giuseppe on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:55 pm

DouginTx wrote:I've been keeping an open mind about the Family edition, but I felt tonight that this is going terribly, terribly wrong. I just have a bad feeling about the rest of the season. If they cast the Weavers knowing full well they'll be going to a race track I'll never forgive them. That's too cruel and I thought the Amazing Race was better then that (even after they cast J&V). If they think that makes good TV they are sick.

I have mixed feelings about the Weavers. While the mentioning the Lord crap has got to end, I don't understand why all the other teams hate them so much. It's obvious they've never traveled and they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, I don't see what they've done to deserve all that nastiness from other teams (which should be directed at the Paolo's). Maybe I went to college with so many people like then that I can’t muster so much hate for them.

The Rocket camp portion was so poorly designed. It all came down to picking the numbers. That's not racing. They should have had the AOL promotion, then the spinning thing, then the race to the mat. Then maybe Ma Paolo might have keeled over and they would have been eliminated.

EXACTLY my feelings on tonight. You took the words right out of my mouth...or, you know...right off the keyboard.
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Next

Return to Past Seasons