***** SPOILERS FOR TAR8 *****

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Postby devajd on Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:36 pm

On the Toronto / Montreal / Boston spoiler, presuming that Niagara Falls, NY was not the end of the race (which it seems too soon to be) then it is very likely that the fastest flight from Toronto to Boston connected through Montreal. There are flights from Toronto to Montreal just about every half hour. There is an entire terminal at Pearson for flights to Ottawa and Montreal.
devajd
bunched

Postby rabrab on Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:04 pm

Piperdown,, if there were two teams, seen, then the five kids between them works--three on one and two on the other.

I don't think that they're really trying too hard to keep a lid on the spoilers this time around. If they were, it would have been better to schlepp them all off to Europe first thing, and then run the whole Race on the European continent, rather than running it in North and Central America.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby Rachel RSL on Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:05 pm

I've flown to Boston many times and there are several flights that go to Boston directly from Toronto. I can't imagine that it would be faster to fly to Montreal and get a connection there.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons

Postby lucinator on Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:37 pm

What confuses me is why they would fly from Toronto to Montreal on Saturday and then be seen at Niagara Falls on Sunday. I wonder if they do a lot of zig-zagging on this race or if the person who posted the Toronto-Montreal flight spoiler had them in reverse order and they actually flew Montreal-Toronto.
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby lucinator on Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:37 pm

My first double post - woo hoo!
lucinator

Postby yikes on Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:49 pm

lucinator wrote:What confuses me is why they would fly from Toronto to Montreal on Saturday and then be seen at Niagara Falls on Sunday. I wonder if they do a lot of zig-zagging on this race or if the person who posted the Toronto-Montreal flight spoiler had them in reverse order and they actually flew Montreal-Toronto.

Did a quick check: it's a daily flight from Toronto to Montreal at 4 PM. But doing a connection to Montreal? Unless direct flights were booked on several airlines out of Pearson which is pretty big.

Part of me wonders if the Niagra Falls teams seen there are the decoys. Which TAR7 teams said that they were decoys in New York?
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:06 pm

[quote="DariaG"] And at least one of the children involved is going to tell a friend. I predict we'll know the winners fairly early on, and it will be "my daughter Caitlin is in the 7th grade with MacKenzie, who was in the race, and she says that MacKenzie says . . . ."

So, if you heard that Caitlin said that MacKenzie said that someone said they were in TAR, would you believe it??? Most people would think a little kid is fantasizing. I don't think they can use kids that young.

Postby Rachel RSL on Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:13 pm

I don't think little kids fantasize about TAR. It's not high on their list of priorities.
Rachel RSL

Postby mom22 on Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:14 pm

All this talk just makes me more excited to see (and be on???? when will they call???) TAR 9.
I think the producers will be working extra hard to keep the spoilers to a min, and will be making the tasks and sights 10 times better to make up for the weaker season and bring the viewers back.
mom22
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:05 pm

...And ditto for Seasons 10 and 11 (and 12 and 13) to keep the fans interested. Maybe after TAR10, if they actually go back to the 11 teams of 4 format, maybe make it two former teams as one, or stick with 21 and over.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby DariaG on Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:50 pm

I don't think they can use kids that young.

They were interviewing 8-year-olds for TAR Family, so 7th grade is definitely a possibility.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby rabrab on Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:57 pm

Seventh grade I would consider plausible -- that's 12- and 13-year-olds. Now from a second-grader (an eight-year old), I'd be a lot more likely to write it off as fantasizing. And considering that several folks have posted that their kids enjoy watching TAR, I'd also say that it's possible that a kid would fantasize going on it.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby jest me on Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:41 pm

They didnt respond to my "good lucks".[/quote]

Hey, I think I saw you (&them).Could you talk after running down and up that hill?
jest me

Niagara Falls Guest

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:07 am

If you saw me then you will agree on the fact that barely anyone noticed this occurance. I have seen at least five postings aobut it though across the internet. It seems like at least the ones who saw are all posters.

I know what you mean about running up the hill at the point...buttttt - it wasnt that they COULDNT respond...it was that they DIDNT. I think there was a distinct difference.

I went back yesterday to check around and a few park workers informed me that TAR told them that the Terrapin point race was just a decoy leg to throw people off the real F3.
I was told however that for the first time in almost three years TAR was allowed to take a cam into the gorge (very dangerous) and within about forty feet of the Horseshoe Falls, so I think we will be seeing a shot of that.

Re: Niagara Falls Guest

Postby yikes on Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:58 am

Anonymous wrote:

I went back yesterday to check around and a few park workers informed me that TAR told them that the Terrapin point race was just a decoy leg to throw people off the real F3.

That was my hunch. But good detective work nevertheless. :D
yikes
fast forwarding

PreviousNext

Return to Past Seasons