***** SPOILERS FOR TAR8 *****

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Postby rabrab on Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:55 am

That's one of the things that's making me sceptical, bluelena. While individuals who may work on the Race can probably stay in touch with past Racers if they want to, I find it hard to believe that the people who are in a position to know if TAR8 is having problems would be likely to gossip about it to a past Racer who's known to post to one of the big forums; and the people who are likely to talk aren't in a very good position to know.

And if Hera does have some inside source, she's doing them no favors by posting stuff that they tell her.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby lucinator on Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:17 am

I think the most likely source of any problems would be security issues arising from the recent terrorist attacks. Imagine how much the logistics would have been screwed up if they had planned to go to London and then Egypt!

I'm hopeful that I'm going to love TAR8 as much as I've loved the other seasons. They've made minor tweaks and major changes to the show all along, some that I liked and some that I didn't, but it's still my favorite show.
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby theschnauzers on Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:37 pm

When did they "repudedly start filming TAR 8? The 5th? the 6th? The London bombing was on the 7th, and that would have raised concerns immediately for the producers about travel to Europe. Then the additional events in Eygpt and the second round of attempted bombings in London might have raised all sorts of issues for production as to security for multiple legs, not just one (as might have been the case in some previous seasons.)
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby rabrab on Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:42 pm

the schnauzers, the first sightings that held up were for NYC and then at Washington's Crossing PA the same day, July 7th.
rabrab
TARfly

Niagara Falls rumor

Postby BuffaloNY on Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:38 am

I heard a rumor that Niagara Falls, NY is the site of the finish line for TAR8.

I went up last night to check out if I could see any route markers, etc. I didn't, but I asked the State Parks kid at the parking booth about the rumor, and he said:

Even if I knew, I couldn't tell you.

Then he said:

I can tell you this, though: It won't be tonight (7/29). So, it's probably sometime this weekend.

Also: there was an out-of-place, brand new handwritten sign at the ticket booth entry to Cave of the Winds that read "Opens at 9:00 am". It just seemed out of place.
BuffaloNY

Postby Mama Tiger on Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:12 pm

There's a spoiler on TWOP, quoting from someone who works for Air Canada on an airline board, that says the TAR8 racers were flying from Toronto to Montreal yesterday. Which would tie in with Niagara Falls very neatly.
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby theschnauzers on Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:40 pm

And a finish on a Sunday would fit the traditional filming schedule.

The only thing I find odd (given the rumored problems with production) is the length of time this suggests the filming took. 12/13 legs in 24 days (July 7-31)?

But a finish of filming today would give the post-production folks six-seven weeks to work on the editing of the early legs with the production in the can.

If we can believe all the spoilers, then the entire Race - Family Edition - was filmed on the North American mainland.
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby yikes on Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:14 pm

You mean there is a chance that Phil is here right now? Grrr....should have stayed downtown.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby dave on Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:57 pm

we were in toronto downtown and we saw two of the groups getting a route info from a ice cream stand, there were 2 groups that went by both groups of 4. One four hot girls and the other a familly. The sign said for them to go to boston
dave

Postby Kanuck on Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:07 pm

On the aviation site (link above), a poster claims to have seen Phil in Costa Rica 2 weeks ago.
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby Rachel RSL on Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:25 pm

Flying from Toronto to Montreal only takes about 45 minutes. That seems so un-TARlike to have teams flying for such a short period of time. I don't know, it may well be a true spoiler but it seems like every season there's a Toronto spoiler so I'm taking this one with a grain of salt too. I hope it isn't true because, frankly, I'm bitter. If they won't let us Canadians on the Race, then they need to stop filming in our country!

Yes, I'm that bitter!
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons

Niagara Falls

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:29 pm

Three teams were here today. They went ot Terrapin Point in Niagara Falls (the closest point to the Horseshoe Falls) - and another State Park here was blocked like Ft. Knox...the race ended here today, I think I can confirm this...check my post at Survivor Sucks.

Postby Rachel RSL on Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:52 pm

Ok, so we've got one rumour saying they go from Toronto to Montreal. We have another rumour saying they went from Toronto to Boston. And we have another rumour saying that they somehow ended up in Niagara Falls.

I'm loathe to believe any of them. I just don't see how the Race can be over already. Unless they have less teams then in previous seasons.
Rachel RSL

Clue Box at Terrapin Point NF

Postby BuffaloNY on Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:48 am

There was also a suspicious sign at the Cave of the Winds:

http://photos22.flickr.com/30240091_969629edba.jpg?v=0

http://www.buffalopundit.com
BuffaloNY

Postby jer2002 on Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:04 am

They changed the route marker colors? Boo!
jer2002
taking a detour

PreviousNext

Return to Past Seasons