Episode 7-9 We Got a Gnome! We Got a Gnome!

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Episode 7-9 We Got a Gnome! We Got a Gnome!

Postby miri on Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:55 pm

A product placement pitstop prize? WTF?
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Red Bubbles on Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:59 pm

Uchenna and Joyce come in first two legs in a row and win nothing. Ron and Kelly bicker, fight and screech their way through a leg, are last, get all their stuff taken, and win a $20,000 vacation and a suite to spend the Pit Stop in. The logic, she has officially left this show.
Red Bubbles
yielded

Postby PButtercup on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:01 pm

Rob thinks the other teams gave up their tickets for a later flight, and he calls them stupid. I love it!
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby TravelQueen17 on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:06 pm

"Hey Rob, it's me... Karma! Remember that cab you stole... and the wreck in the desert... and just what a generally crappy person you've been this entire time? Well, I sure do! I'll see you on your way to Istanbul!"
TravelQueen17
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby nickahlers on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:07 pm

Kelly is a delusional fool. I think that's really all I can say about her assanine comments.

I was just giddy with delight when Rob was making all those rude remarks about Uchenna and Joyce and Meredith Gretchen ("they're stupid".."it's like the blind leading the blind", etc.) only to later find out he'd been hoodwinked by both of them. On the ferry, when he found out two teams had already been through there, it was priceless. The only thing that could have made it better would have been his Philimination.

This Travelocity gnome thing is stupid. I have no problems with someone sponsoring the show, but to reward the team that bickered and came in last, with not only a $20K travel spree, but also a special 5 star resort suite...it just didn't strike me as fair.

I want to know where Phil got that jacket he was wearing. I want one.

I fear as though Uchenna and Joyce may peak too soon. It's seems like they've reached their peak already. I hope that's not the case, because I'd really like to see them win the Race. Hopefully, they can keep it up.

I do admire Gretchen...I expect that she didn't whine on that rope nearly as much as we were lead to believe. Even if she were, it's not like she stopped and just whined the whole time. That task could not have been easy for a 66 year old woman, and she seemed to accomplish it without incident.

It seemed as though Ron and Kelly actually made up time doing the columns, even though my first thought was that the scales would be much easier.

And next week....it seems like we finally get to England (with the big double-decker buses). Everyone seems rather testy next week...even Joyce!
nickahlers
bunched

Postby bluelena on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:08 pm

So does this mean everyone will think that Ron and Kelly were eliminated since they won't be at the pit stop?
bluelena
TARfly

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:11 pm

Ooh, interesting thought, bluelena. I did notice, however, that Phil specified that Ron & Kelly "have to start the next leg of the race with zero dollars." Meaning no begging at the Ritz!

I was actually shocked that Romber didn't win the prize. I was fully expecting them to, the way their luck is running. But maybe the horseshoe has fallen out of Rob's butt. It's about time. I was laughing my ass off at his utterly misplaced smugness!
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby cutecouple on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:15 pm

I didn't mind the gnomes as much, probably because I've started thinking that Reality TV is an oxymoron.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby Hildy on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:17 pm

Oh my. I have a bet with a friend about how Romber will be eliminated, if indeed they ever are. She thinks it'll be b/c they do something stupid. I think it'll just be bad luck. That was a close one; I almost had to pony up. Rob, stop being so smart that you're stupid.
Gretchen's voice is like a nutmeg grater scraping across my eardrums. It's just horrid.
Missed the previews: What did we see?
Hildy
taking a detour

Postby bluelena on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:18 pm

If Rob had kept his yap shut instead of goading U/J and M/G about the 'earlier flight' that as far as he knew never existed, he and Am-Bah wouldn't have ended up in third. Just a thought.
bluelena
TARfly

Postby miri on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:18 pm

Hildy wrote:Gretchen's voice is like a nutmeg grater scraping across my eardrums. It's just horrid.

When she's not yelling, it's okay. It's just that she seems to be always yelling.
miri

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:20 pm

Well, she's always yelling except when she's moaning, "Oh, my God." She really needs to stop whining and moaning. She is working my last nerve with that voice, even though I had nothing but admiration for their overall performance this leg.

But watching her crawl up that ladder, I couldn't help thinking of Linda climbing that Filipino cliff. ::sniff:: What I still can't figure out is why on earth they thought she should do that roadblock, when it so obviously involving wall-climbing?
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby bluelena on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:21 pm

Hey, it's one less future roadblock she has to do.
bluelena
TARfly

Postby Super Goten on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:40 pm

But maybe the horseshoe has fallen out of Rob's butt.

Well, if you had a horseshoe in your butt all that time, it'd start to hurt too.

Uhh.... riiiight.

This probably sounds stupid -- Why does everyone have a problem with her voice? lol. I never really thought about it... it doesn't bother me. (At least you can understand her...oops.)
Super Goten
road blocked

Postby nickahlers on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:47 pm

What I still can't figure out is why on earth they thought she should do that roadblock, when it so obviously involving wall-climbing?

At first I thought that maybe Meredith had done a disproportionate amount of Roadblocks, but looking back, that's not the case:

Episode 1: No Roadblock
Episode 2: Shoe Shine- Gretchen
Episode 3: Meat Eating- Meredith
Episode 4: Gaucho Task- Meredith
Episode 5: Shopping Market- Gretchen
Episode 6: Bush-Clearing- Meredith
Episode 7: Steel Boxes- Gretchen
Episode 8: Camel Cart- Meredith
Episode 9: Storm the Fort- Gretchen

They've each done four. Meredith appears to take the Roadblock next week, which involves driving a double-decker bus around a track.
nickahlers
bunched

Next

Return to Past Seasons