Episode 7-6.5 They Saved the Eyeball

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Episode 7-6.5 They Saved the Eyeball

Postby miri on Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:56 pm

Clip show, clip show, rolly polly clip show.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Tribefan on Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:32 pm

HA! A fish head reference!! Now I'll be singing it all night.

Anyway, I passed out and missed the first 5 minutes of the show and then was groggy through most of the first half.

Where does the title quote come from?
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby Mama Tiger on Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:47 pm

I have no idea where the title quote came from. I never noticed it. Maybe when Patrick was getting his head bandaged?

A couple explanations for things that have been talked about at length:

Patrick's forehead bandage
Barbie's thong/tattoo (I was wrong, it was a tattoo)

And in the opening sequence, did anybody else notice the glimpse of the mysterious Yield marker? As the brothers were digging through their clues, there it was!

And the windshield wiper thing. Oy. First time I ever drove a right-hand drive car was in Dublin, and it was raining, so every time I'd try to turn on the turn signal I'd turn off the wipers, which if anything is even worse than turning them on all the time! Boy, did that one bring back some memories!

And I must say that if we thought Rob's comments to Amber during the milking were tasteless, how about Lynn and Alex's? I'm surprised they would even show that scene!
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby mr mojo on Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:54 pm

What did they say? I was watching Lost.
mr mojo
bunched

Postby Mama Tiger on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:01 pm

Something about "You can get more out of them when they're relaxed," says Lynn. And Alex replies, "Like on a date."

Ewww.
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby Isabella19 on Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:27 pm

Deana seemed to have a major case of sunburn that showed up all over her forehead while she got ready to not eat All That Meat. Or maybe it's psoriasis or something. Either way, that might have had something to do with her swollen eyes the next day. And why in hell did Ray make her do all the Roadblocks, and drive all the cars, and then scream at her for not doing a good job? Jerk!

Uchenna and Joyce are doing an excellent job of being the team people want to win. But Rob looks like the best Racer of the lot.
Isabella19
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby MacMadame on Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:13 pm

Something I noticed in the clip show:

Kelly has a tendency to disagree like this:

Ron: I think we should do X.
Kelly: I don't think so but I'll do what you want.
[later]
Kelly: I told you not to do X.

I can't respect that. It's so passive-aggressive. She did it time and time again too.
MacMadame
TARfly

Postby joe m on Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:58 am

The sparks sure were flying between the brothers and the barbies. Also, the reaction of both Gretchen and L&A to the begging was funny. L or A: "I wish I had boobs." G: "I don't know how I'm going to compete with cleavage and blonde hair."
joe m
taking a detour

Postby emjaytee on Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:09 am

I totally agree MacMadame. And even worse, she does it so that it's On The Record for the cameras.

ETA: Oh yeah I forgot. Another reason to dislike her. She voted for "George Duh-bya Booo-ish".
emjaytee
TARfloozy

Postby Loraxe on Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:42 am

My overall impression of the clip show was to be mad that Rob sucked me in for the first few episodes when he really is just an ass. And to reaffirm my love for Uchenna and Joyce.
Loraxe
fast forwarding

Postby Isabella19 on Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:10 am

On the Beauty Queen dislike train...And her 'I want to be a shining example for the world everywhere I go' comment didn't win her any points with me either.

I agree about the passive-aggressive stuff. She's an annoying woman. And she reminds me strangely of Patsy Ramsay. Maybe there is a specific type of Southern Pageant Woman?
Isabella19
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Mama Tiger on Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:52 am

She's still spouting her Miss America role model bullshit, isn't she? Like anyone cares.
Another reason to dislike her. She voted for "George Duh-bya Booo-ish".

Personally, I haven't been able to get past my horror that she actually worked in DC for Jim DeMint, Strom Thurmond's even-more-conservative replacement. That man is scary, y'all. I don't care if she was the sweetest, most beautiful woman in the world; I just don't want to deal with anyone that politically conservative.
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby Vderon on Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:07 pm

Firmly on the Romber love train, and fear I can't get off..

the 3 rules-

Love me
Have fun with me
Don't come in last

Please! Now I know why Amber loves him.
Vderon
the world is waiting

Postby SVNBob on Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:22 pm

the 3 rules

Love me
Have fun with me
Don't come in last

These deserve a little extra analysis. If you take them in order, it actually shows what Romber (at the very least just Rob) feels that the priorities are. The relationship comes first, then the experience, and the win would be icing. Sounds like a good set of rules to me.

And then Debbie's apology to Rob after the Grand Theft Taxi? I thought I saw Rob get an "Oh shit" look on his face. I get the feeling that if the girls had apologized (as intended) before that moment, that he wouldn't have taken the cab.
SVNBob
road blocked

Postby joe m on Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:23 pm

Now I know why Amber loves him.

Because he ordered her to, and she's compliant? (-; j.j. Welcome Vderon.
joe m
taking a detour

Next

Return to Past Seasons