Episode 7-6 Houston, We Have An Elephant

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Episode 7-6 Houston, We Have An Elephant

Postby miri on Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:55 pm

Damned thunderstorm warnings interrupting my freaking show.

Oh, the rest of you can discuss the show. I'm just going to sit and pout. Especially after seeing the ending.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Giuseppe on Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:58 pm

I have never hoped for a non elimination leg as much as I did when Brian and Greg stripped to their swimsuits. That would have been hilarious and AWESOME if they started off the next leg like that, cuz you know they really would have.

ETA, wow, not one single bunch point. That was a really short leg.
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby mr mojo on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:01 pm

Good lord,

Meredith & Gretchen know how to hang in there.
mr mojo
bunched

Postby PepeNY on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:03 pm

Someone PLEASE tell me WHY B&G wasted all of that time undressing??? I wanted to kill them! They could probably hear me screaming at them!
PepeNY
gal friday & official burro spotter

Postby leew261 on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:05 pm

I wonder if they would have had a chance if they hadn't spent the time doing that. I doubt it, but I wonder.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:06 pm

They probably knew they were the last team; I'm sure they saw that the other 5 paths had been used and clues taken, and so they were just hoping for a non-elim.

I was practically laughing and crying at the same time -- and did you see the expression on that greeter's face? And who in their right mind packs a fur hat like that for the Race??

Damn. Where's a little bunching when you most want it?
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby DariaG on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:11 pm

Awesome leg -- as probably the only person on the planet who thinks TAR1 was over-rated, I'm now officially ranking TAR7 up there with my favorite (TAR3). I think I like it better than TAR5, even.

Wow, all the animals. Romber failed to annoy this time, and Lynn and Alex finally got on my nerves. I thought Uchenna and Joyce were great, especially on recovering from the boo-boo. And the comparison of Meredith and Gretchen with the Energizer Bunny was particularly apt. I'd compare them to those "bozo dolls" -- large inflatable dolls that were weighted at the base, you could punch them and they'd pop right back up.

So sorry to lose the brothers, though. I thought they had a real shot at catching up, but they must have bled more time than it seemed when they were at the wrong water tower.

And I thought Kelly was more of a jerk than Ron was.

Next week, India! I love when they go to India. They could visit India every single race and I'd be happy.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby mr mojo on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:11 pm

I think the only reason M&G manage to hang in the race is that the teams this season are all pretty weak. Almost every team screwed up royally in this leg except for the first two teams.
mr mojo
bunched

Postby Spy Chadwick on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:16 pm

Great, the millionaire famewhores get another prize for coming in first. What's that - three? Just what Rahb and Ambah need. This episode had me really worried that those two will win this race.

I concur with others in seeing the brothers go. They made for entertaining television. Big Bucks! No Whammies!
Spy Chadwick
the world is waiting

Postby Hildy on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:19 pm

Very sad to see the brothers go--I'd have loved to see them in the final three. But man, they must have bled some serious time. I wonder if the real problem was how far back they started, timewise. WIth no bunching, it makes it hard to recover from starting way behind the pack. But Lynn and Alex had to wait for two cars, and Uchenna and Joyce and Gretchen and Meredith both had to return to the roadblock, and it still didnt make a difference.

Rob and Amber continue to work well as a team. I like to see the encouragement. Ditto Lynn and Alex, although that's the only nice thing I can really say about them.

Love. Uchenna. What a lovely, graceful man.
Hildy
taking a detour

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:22 pm

I noticed that the brothers started off only 10 minutes behind Gretchen & Meredith, too. Their navigational skills were their downfall, alas.

I can't believe Kelly misheard Ron saying, "Kelly, will you just chill a minute?" as, "Kelly, shut the fuck up." Talk about hearing what you want to hear.
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby Hildy on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:25 pm

Only ten minutes? Well, then, so much for that theory.
Kelly really does not want to be with Ron, who seems a fairly affable sort. I don't think she can get around his accent, myself. I really dislike her. I'd love to see the Ron/Kelly and Lynn/Alex teams leave forthwith.
Hildy
taking a detour

Postby Piperdown on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:31 pm

Mama Tiger wrote:I noticed that the brothers started off only 10 minutes behind Gretchen & Meredith, too. Their navigational skills were their downfall, alas.

I can't believe Kelly misheard Ron saying, "Kelly, will you just chill a minute?" as, "Kelly, shut the fuck up." Talk about hearing what you want to hear.

I think Kelly was just reading the minds of the entire viewing audience. Because the bitch needs to shut the fuck up.
Piperdown
TARfly

Postby mr mojo on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:39 pm

This is just like TAR6. All the good, interesting teams drop out first. Lynn&Alex are sometimes entertaining, but I don't like their Rob&Amber enabling all the time. Uchenna&Joyce aren't really exciting, but they are nice, so I will root for them.
mr mojo
bunched

Postby JenEx on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:51 pm

Damnit, where's a good bunch when you really want one? No one is left who is both cute and funny. Blah. Meredith and Gretchen certainly do have the Luck of the Clueless, is all I can say.
JenEx
TARfly

Next

Return to Past Seasons