Episode 6-12 Whatever The Hell The Title Of The Finale Is

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Episode 6-12 Whatever The Hell The Title Of The Finale Is

Postby Rachel RSL on Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:07 pm

Heh. Sorry, I don't know the name of this episode but I'm sure Miri or someone smarter than me will fix the title of this thread later.

Anyway, have at it!

Personally, I'm glad this season is over. I really had no one left to root for. Kris and Jon lost the Race for themselves when they didn't check the arrival times of the Chicago flights. But, hey, they're still happy and sunny and bubbly and all that stuff that usually makes me queasy so, good for them.

I really hope next season has better casting.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby AngleMan on Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:17 pm

I couldn't stand Kris and Jon either too much perky.

not a fan of kendra but at least a couple with personailty won.
AngleMan
the world is waiting

Postby sarah L on Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:30 pm

I'll be so happy if Kris n Jon win but...seriously,if is not Kris n Jon,I rather is Adam n Rebecca,not Freddy n kendra...
sarah L
the world is waiting

Postby Fukui San on Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:44 pm

I think I'll just record over TAR 6 with TAR 7.

If only I could just excerpt the portions with Kris & Jon, Lena & Kristy, and Gus and Hera in them. Oh, Aaron too, with the Court TV blue dot over Hayden's mug.

I will never forgive the race designers for making the final "task" such a non-event. They should've had to make pizzas.
Fukui San
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby sarah L on Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:53 pm

U know I can't believe theat 'pizzas' is the last 'task'...I mean the last task of TAR5 was much more difficult than this....
sarah L
the world is waiting

Postby lynnster on Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:10 am

I'm just placing myself in denial that this season existed. Go Chip & Kim!

Hopefully next season will have better casting. Please please please. Sigh...
lynnster

Postby pinkgodzilla on Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:34 am

Sigh, and rats. At least I get to read the season 6 spoilers now.

I wonder what the atmosphere in PBP was tonight. I highly doubt anyone has sore hands from clapping. My hands hurt for 10 minutes after the show was over last season because I clapped so hard for Chip and Kim.

Never, ever take the word of a counter agent.
pinkgodzilla
taking a detour

Postby sarah L on Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:33 am

I just watched The insider video of TAR this week and oh my god...I can't believe what Freddy n Kendra did...(Above and Beyond)....they're so dirty and I'll not do that even I really wanna win the race....
sarah L
the world is waiting

Postby leew261 on Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:04 am

It wasn't the flight that cost K&J the race -- they were in the same train as F&K heading into Chicago. Their problem was getting out of the train station and getting a cab. Damn cabs!

I completely agree that this was a disappointing ending to a disappointing season. I really wish they hadn't shown the preview of next season at the end. Listening to Amber and Rob trash talking on top of my sadness that K&J didn't win and my trauma of having to see SuperZero! again did not make me very enthused about the next season. I now wish that there was more time before the premiere -- something I never in a million years thought I would say.

*sigh*
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby dgorman on Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:05 am

sarah L wrote:I just watched The insider video of TAR this week and oh my god...I can't believe what Freddy n Kendra did...(Above and Beyond)....they're so dirty and I'll not do that even I really wanna win the race....

What did they do? I'm not able to look at the IV.

I'm just disappointed and, yeah, I've been saying all season that I hated this season.
I like the idea of taping over this with TAR7. Maybe splice some things in---replace Amber and Rob from TAR7 with tape of Gus and Hera or Kristy and Lena.

But they said 3 weeks on the preview? 3 weeks??? That's too quick a turnaround, even for a TAR fan like me.
dgorman
the world is waiting

Postby Jake on Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:29 am

*sigh*

Not the worst outcome for me, but nearly the worst. I really wanted Hayden/Aaron to win. But she wussed out big time.

It was cute that Aaron proposed to her at the mat ("speechless, for once"!) Much better than Boston Rob's proposal to Amber in Survivor I thought. She was actually suprised and seemed much more happy about it than Amber did. Plus, you know, Aaron's not the most annoying man on earth either.

Kris and Jon screwed up by not checking the flights and got way, way lucky to get on the same train as Freddy and Kendra. They just took too long to get to the Watertower. I don't know why either, it's not a hard thing to find.

Did Kendra really take that long to eat pizza? I mean, I would have had that down in five minutes or less. And what was with Adam? Bitching about tomotoes? Unless he is deathly allergic to them, he should eat them. It's a race.

A train! How far behind were Kris and Jon, does anyone know? I think the whole problem goes back to them not getting to the Watertower in a timely fashion.

I'm disappointed in Hayden for giving up. I mean Rebecca was there longer and while she was whining, she wasn't giving up.

I did notice that Kris was the only one of the team members who waiting in the water for the parachuting member to arrive, the others stayed in the boat. Those two are unnaturally sunny, but they were the closest to normal that were in the final three. It's too bad they didn't win.

And WORD. WORD. WORD. WORD. leew261 on the preview. I had forgotten (blocked?) how annoying Boston Rob's voice was. And did he actually say something like "they don't want us to win again"? Hey dude, wake up, you did not win Survivor. Amber did.
Jake
taking a detour

Postby Fukui San on Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:49 am

I wish Kris & Jon were more devious. They could have told their cabbie outside the pizza place: "Here's $100 dollars. Wait here. If another team comes out, drive them an hour out of their way."
Fukui San

Postby GinevradiBenci on Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:04 am

Man, seeing all those people at the mat just made me think how great this season would have been if the order of elims had been different. Keeping Avi and Joe and the Mormonettes around a little longer, losing J/V and F/K a little earlier - it would have made all the difference, I think.

It was a decent finale up until the last ten minutes or so, and then it was pizza eating (wuh?) and Freddy (who I don't loathe, but don't really like much) and Kendra (insulting cultures on 4 continents!) getting the cash, and oh my god blah.
GinevradiBenci

Postby FrankTheTank on Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:33 am

Is anyone as pumped as I am to watch the Dr. Phil special with Jonathan and his pet bunny next week?!?!

And the title of this episode better be "Adam has 3 testicles"!
FrankTheTank
bunched

Postby Loraxe on Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:58 am

As much as I was screaming and tearing my hair out in the first half because I wanted Hayden and Aaron to win so badly, I was oddly not dissappointed. I had no idea I was such a softy. But he was so supportive and she looked so happy.

The second half was pretty lame. It seems like Kris and Jon lost because they didn't look at the map while still on the train.

At least they finally went to some places I have been. I once ran into Jim McMahon at Watertower Place.
Loraxe
fast forwarding

Next

Return to Past Seasons