Episode 6-11 You Deal With This Before I Hyperventilate

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Episode 6-11 You Deal With This Before I Hyperventilate

Postby miri on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:06 pm

It was good to see something other than sunshine from Kris and Jon this week. Although, it also had me worried. I don't like that!

Surprisingly, no one really bugged me this week...at least not that much. It cracked me up that Rebecca and Adam were so busy arguing that they didn't notice the yield had ended.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby DavidK93 on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:11 pm

Well, you know. Rebecca and Adam totally suck. And that's the kind of thing that happens when you suck that much.
DavidK93
at the start line

Postby cutecouple on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:14 pm

Charming. A decent leg, for once not in India. I was surprised at the difficulties that teams had travelling in Shanghai.

As for the Yield, I think the best teams to yield are those that can get thrown off the most and have the worst time recovering. Which means that the correct team for Freddy and Kendra to have yielded are Hayden and Aaron, not Adam and Rebecca for revenge, nor the feared and strong Kris and Jon. Though, given the taxi difficulties that Kris and Jon have had, a good yield might have taken them out a lot.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby Fukui San on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:15 pm

Well, we all smelled the non-elim coming. Good leg though. No bunching except for the airport.

The bricks task was a little dull, but whatever. Rebecca & Adam should have taken the ice, since it was unreasonable to expect to finish the bricks faster than Kris and Jon since they NEVER struggle with ANY task. Might as well take a chance.

Angry!Jon was about 1/1000 strength Angry!Colin. They did have one heck of a frustrating day.

Freddie/Kendra should have Yielded Kris & Jon, but it didn't matter anyway because of the non-elim.

I wish that the instructions said "Walk the stairs to the pit stop" which would have resulted in at least one team having to go back. In fact, I'm now highly in favor of small but crucial instructions right before the pit stop. The pool swim from last week won me over.

ETA: What in hell are H&A and F&K going to do if they are tied for first at the end? Rock, Paper, Scissors right before the Pit Stop?
Fukui San
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby JenEx on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:21 pm

AngryJon was just kind of cute. You want to pet him and give him a popsicle to cheer him up.

Seriously, people who have acted decently through the whole race and shown themselves to be very respectful and understanding get a pass when they lose their shit ONCE. On the third-to-last leg. Especially after Kris's comment at the beginning about how it was frustrating, but their own fault for not understanding. What a nice change, not blaming people in, say, China, for not speaking English.

Loved the Chinese women on the street checking out Phil's ass. I feel ya, ladies.
JenEx
TARfly

Postby theschnauzers on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:25 pm

When I see the taxi cab issues Kris and Jon have had, apparently all season, it reminds me of Rob and Brennan's taxi problems which lasted until that last ride to QUeens.
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby PButtercup on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:25 pm

Phil in a harness! I hope they show him dangling off the building in the Insider videos.
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby miri on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:27 pm

When Adam started trying to stand up with those bricks? My first thought was that he wasn't going to be tall enough to get them off the ground. Hee!

theschnauzers, sadly their taxi karma is also like the Moms' last season...
Last edited by miri on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miri

Postby Hildy on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:27 pm

Loved the Chinese women on the street checking out Phil's ass. I feel ya, ladies

Damn! I missed that! I was too busy trying to ascertain whether that shirt gave Phil the veriest hint of a man boob. I couldn't quite make up my mind--one minute I was thinking 'Order up the manziere!' and the next, I was unsure again.

Hayden's whining at the bricks bugged. Just suck it up and do the job and stop trying to get your boyfriend's attention about every single thing. I hate that.

And Kris and Jon losing it was like watching a Care Bear stamp its foot or something--his angry voice didn't even sound that angry to me.
Hildy
taking a detour

Postby GinevradiBenci on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:28 pm

I'm coming to the conclusion that Freddy is, in many ways, more of a deeply weird person than Adam. There's just something about him that is off-kilter. And he's a supercilious prick.

Can't help myself, Adam and Rebecca provide me with crazy laughs. I'd be fine with them or Kris and Jon winning. But the model alliance makes me want to gag.

Plus, I want to burn Kendra's purple tanktop. I've never been bugged by clothing before. The hating hat, ReiChip's yellow shorts, Christie's Tex-Ass...none of these made any impact on me. But Kendra's purple top makes me surly. Wait...maybe it's just Kendra herself to blame?
GinevradiBenci

Postby cutecouple on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:28 pm

I wondered if Phil was in a harness.

I liked the Dove commercial for hair products because I recognized some of the voice talent. The KY commercial was jarring though.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby GinevradiBenci on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:30 pm

Forgot to mention this: Phil in harness = new fantasy material for Ginevra. Mmmm, Phil. You teach me new things every week.
GinevradiBenci

Postby DavidK93 on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:33 pm

A-ha! Um, sorry, it's just been killing me since Sunday when I was reading about how the Princes of Liechstenstein financed their nation in the time period immediately after WWII by selling some of the family's treasures, including Da Vinci's priceless Ginevra di Benci. And I was like, "Where have I heard of that before?" And now I know. Right. Nothing else to see here.
DavidK93
at the start line

Postby Isabella19 on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:34 pm

Who had the title quote? I totally missed it.
Isabella19

Postby Piperdown on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:37 pm

This wasn't a great episode, but it wasn't too bad. I think it might have been a little more tension filled if I had thought that it was an elimination episode, but who knows. I'm glad Freddy and Kendra got their revenge, although I still think it would have been better to Yield Kris and Jon (if only just to see more emotion out of those two). I thought that A/R use of the yield was so stupid, that I'm glad it came to bite them on the ass.
Piperdown
TARfly

Next

Return to Past Seasons