Episode 6-8 Tell My Mom I Love Her

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Episode 6-8 Tell My Mom I Love Her

Postby miri on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:01 pm

Discuss!
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:05 pm

The tanktops live!
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby dgorman on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:10 pm

Man, I could not stop laughing when Adam was all puffed up in that diving suit. My husband said, "He looks like some sort of deranged sex doll."
God, and when they were rolling him around on the dock...too funny! I noticed, though, that the guy said, "Maybe if you go down and walk across and touch the trap", so I was sure they were in for a penalty.
Victoria really annoyed me almost as much as * this episode. Not that she is as much of an asshole as he is, but, man, she was shrill.
dgorman
the world is waiting

Postby cutecouple on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:10 pm

Kinda hoped that the lack of Jonathan and Victoria in the beginning parts of the episode was a sign.

I was impressed that Adam got it together after his first abortive attempt to dive in the water.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby theschnauzers on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:14 pm

When I saw Adam in that suit all filled with air, all I could think of was the Michelin Man.
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby DariaG on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:15 pm

dgorman wrote:Victoria really annoyed me almost as much as * this episode. Not that she is as much of an asshole as he is, but, man, she was shrill.

There's nothing wrong with that couple that a castration and a laryngectomy (?) couldn't cure. And maybe not-quite-fatal doses of Valium on a daily basis.

I liked this episode. It had humor, suspense, bickering models -- does Hayden get less attractive every week or what? -- and actual racing.

I'm still predicting a crash for */V. This isn't based on spoilers, I just don't think they can continue much longer as they are. Seriously.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby Hildy on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:17 pm

I hope so, DariaG, b/c I can't take much more of them. I was so bummed that Hayden and Aaron didn't cut them off at the pass. Not that Hayden is Miss Sweetness and Light, but she's better than those two heinous boils. Man, they are just ruining the season for me this time.
And yay! to Kris with the Lucy reference. I was hoping for one from somebody!
Hildy
taking a detour

Postby PButtercup on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:18 pm

I think that if J&V had been saved by the non-elim, my head would have exploded. The two of them are unbearable. At least with Hayden and Aaron only one of them is a screaming harpy.
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:22 pm

* looked BAD after he got out of the water. Did you see how haggard his face looked? Like all the Botox is wearing off and the implants are slipping.

I agree, though, Victoria's shrillness is approaching as irritating as *'s overall ugliness. She was nearly as unpleasant as he was.

He doesn't know what "moat" means? Good lord, is he TRULY as stupid as he is ugly? I didn't think that was possible, considering that his ugly is bone-deep.

Anyway, on to more fun stuff. Adam in the inflated diving suit was hilarious! I was far less amused by the way Rebecca treated him in the airport, however. Good grief, he just wanted to LEARN how to do the ticket-buying thing, and she shut him down completely. That was really cold. And very, very bitchy.

But the bitchy award of the week goes to Hayden. There's just nothing to say about how she behaved. Oy.
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby The Last Dodo on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:31 pm

I honestly don't think I've ever been less happy to see a nonelim leg. I would have been perfectly happy to see either Jonathan/Victoria or Hayden/Aaron go. I don't really have any extra energy to expend hating Jonathan and Victoria anymore; they're just kind of a constant, dull, throbbing pain, like a sore tooth or something. And I still like Aaron, but dealing with Hayden is increasingly making starting on my taxes seem appealing by comparison. I particularly loved when she said, "Aaron needs to get more assertive with me because I will steamroll over him and it will screw us." Well, OK, then. It must be nice not to have to take responsibility for anything.

This episode crystallized for me that I'm actively rooting for a Kris/Jon, Lori/Bolo, and Adam/Rebecca final 3 at this point. The thought of it being the other three is enough to make me want to bang my head against a wall.
The Last Dodo
taking a detour

Postby DavidK93 on Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:19 pm

theschnauzers wrote:When I saw Adam in that suit all filled with air, all I could think of was the Michelin Man.

Or how about the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man? But was I the only one singing Jethro Tull's "Aqualung?" (Not that those were actually aqua-lungs. But still.)

Mama Tiger wrote:He doesn't know what "moat" means? Good lord, is he TRULY as stupid as he is ugly?

For what it's worth, I'm not so sure that I'd know what a "moat" meant in a vat full of grapes, either. In fact, I'm still not sure of what she meant. Was she telling him to move grapes away from the nozzle with his foot?
DavidK93
at the start line

Postby Piperdown on Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:23 pm

PButtercup wrote:I think that if J&V had been saved by the non-elim, my head would have exploded. The two of them are unbearable. At least with Hayden and Aaron only one of them is a screaming harpy.

Amen. I'm glad Hayden and Aaron were saved though. I still really like them. Hayden can be a complete bitch, but I think they both feed off of each other. Aaron has the patience of a saint though. I think as soon as this team starts working together again, they'll be incredible.

I really liked this episode, even with the massive bunching. It was funny, and tension filled, and it made Jonathan even less likable. Plus the previews rocked. Jonathan, if the 2nd nastiest bitch on the race is telling you to treat your partner better, you should be embarrassed. Of course with Victoria she probably just got a paper cut, and needed to be airlifted out of the race.
Piperdown
TARfly

Postby miri on Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:25 pm

For what it's worth, I'm not so sure that I'd know what a "moat" meant in a vat full of grapes, either. In fact, I'm still not sure of what she meant. Was she telling him to move grapes away from the nozzle with his foot?

Yeah, in context, I wouldn't be sure either.

I was worried about Kris and Jon in this ep! Yes, they like to make you think someone's in trouble early on only to have them pull it out, but if they do get eliminated...oye. I'll be so sad.

Adam in that diving suit - pure comic gold. I mean, I felt for the guy, but I was giggling non-stop too.

That climb looked awful - I don't know if anyone got the hang of the ascenders this time. It almost seemed harder to do when you had to worry about a solid surface in front of you (and only had one foot strap).

Bunching, bunching, bunching! I was really worried after the huge bunch at the start of the leg, but things got better.

I can't wait to see what our fashion reporters have to say about Lori's halter top. Heh.
miri

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:44 pm

Their problem was they kept getting pebbles and twigs in the outlet hole, apparently, so I think Victoria was telling Jonathan to build a moat, or a little retaining wall, of stuff that would only allow liquid out. Like when you're draining grease from a pan of hamburger; you push it back and let the liquid flow free. At least that was the immediate mental image I got from what she said.

Poor Kris, stuck in the midst of all the screeching. I think she would have really had fun with that task, like Kendra did, if she'd been there by herself.

I don't think Lori got anywhere near enough rest, either -- she still had her bitch on pretty firmly this week.
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby Piperdown on Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:52 pm

Their problem was they kept getting pebbles and twigs in the outlet hole, apparently, so I think Victoria was telling Jonathan to build a moat, or a little retaining wall, of stuff that would only allow liquid out. Like when you're draining grease from a pan of hamburger; you push it back and let the liquid flow free. At least that was the immediate mental image I got from what she said.

I think that's what she meant, but I couldn't imagine it working, because it would probably just collapse as soon as he started stomping. Plus, I don't think moat was the right word. I think your choice of retaining wall would have been a better choice...but moat is only one syllable.
Piperdown
TARfly

Next

Return to Past Seasons