Episode 6-7 One of You I'm Going to Break In Half

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Episode 6-7 One of You I'm Going to Break In Half

Postby Giuseppe on Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:59 pm

Aaron cracks me up. Too funny.

I’d like to thank the TAR gods for that detour, and for making Aaron, Adam, Freddy and Jon all wear speedos. I love you all very, very much. And hell horns be damned, Adam has an awesome, awesome body.

And Phil looked really hot in that red shirt.

I think I’m having a moment.

Choke on spicy, Hungarian soup and die, Jonathing. As bad as I felt for Victoria, I was hoping she wouldn’t be able to finish before all the other teams.
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby miri on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:02 pm

They really need to stop the mass quantities of food thing. It's disgusting. I did not need to see/hear that much vomit in the course of one hour. Hell, I don't ever need to see/hear that much vomit.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby theschnauzers on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:04 pm

Word, Giuseppe, Word, on the detour task.
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:07 pm

I only regretted that Victoria didn't bar on Jonathing. God knows he deserved it. Jon: "After eating a bowl of Tabasco...." Hee!

Bolo, upon swallowing that goblet of pig's blood: "Ummm!" Bwah!

Much as I love Gus and Hera, he ambled about as far as he could. Although he actually did break into a run briefly at the train museum -- more of a slow jog, of course, but it was faster than a walk for a change.

Except for He Who Must Be Ignored, a pretty good episode. Except for the barfing, of course. Those poor musicians!
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby Giuseppe on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:08 pm

I agree, miri. Since this race had already been planned and run by the time TPTB got our negative reactions to all the eating tasks in TAR5, I'm hoping they omitted them from TAR7.

And also, Kris calling Aaron "Haaron"? I know Couch Baron got a kick out of that because Haaron is his nickname for Harry Hamlin's character on Veronica Mars. Heh.

Surprised none of the teams commented on the uber leg. I was expecting a lot of "What about the pitstop?"
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby miri on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:10 pm

Giuseppe wrote:And also, Kris calling Aaron "Haaron"?

I totally understand that! Last season, I kept saying "Kip and Chim."
miri

Postby Isabella19 on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:11 pm

Oh I felt really bad for the musicians! There was a shot of their faces once while Aaron was barfing (yet again) and they looked so upset.

I agree about Gus, he just spent too much time smelling the roses--and drinking the beer. Choosing that Detour was a killer. They might have beaten Freddy and Kendra if they'd played water polo.

I have to say I like Rebecca, and by extension Adam, more and more with each episode. It's interesting how the 'character' couples like those two are more likeable than the 'model' couples. Although like everyone else, I love Chris and John. And John in a speedo? Damn!
Isabella19
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Kanuck on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:19 pm

While Kris and Jon may be (ie. are) hot, they aren't actually a 'model' team. As a student and a bar owner, I'd say they're less Hollywood than a couple of LA spinning teachers...

While I won't complain about the eyecandy moments, I really wasn't that impressed with the water polo detour. The "opponents" just sat (well, floated) there and watched the Racers - they didn't even pretend to block shots or fight over the ball or anything. Thinking back to, say, the table tennis kid in China, or the Brazilian beach volleyball teams, at least they pretended to compete, you know?
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:24 pm

While Kris and Jon may be (ie. are) hot, they aren't actually a 'model' team.

And yet, they're better looking than Haaron and "Kendreddy".
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby DariaG on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:28 pm

And does Kendra have two functioning brain cells she can rub together? "Look under all their seats, honey." Crazy bitch -- how was Freddy not going to barf after she made him look at the barf?

Not my favorite episode -- the detour was good for eye candy purposes but not for drama, and it seemed they were just spinning their wheels a lot.

By the way, did anyone else think of The Mole and the Tiny Bubbles episode while listening to that Hungarian music?
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby miri on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:31 pm

DariaG wrote:Not my favorite episode -- the detour was good for eye candy purposes but not for drama, and it seemed they were just spinning their wheels a lot.

Yeah - the train thing? What was the reason beyond a forced bunch and then a task that was guaranteed to keep them in the same order? Although, it did give us what should have been the title for the ep: "Oooh. It's very vibraty."

DariaG wrote:By the way, did anyone else think of The Mole and the Tiny Bubbles episode while listening to that Hungarian music?

Heee! I loved that whole thing on the Mole.
miri

The Gate...was it pulled down?

Postby BFWalls on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:56 pm

I wish I had taped this episode to replay. Can someone tell me if the gate was pulled down by someone?
BFWalls
the world is waiting

Postby miri on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:13 pm

I don't think it was pulled down. I think it was a gate that had to be held up and someone dropped the ball (so to speak). In fact, I think Freddy dropped the gate on himself.
miri

Postby DouginNYC on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:16 pm

Can someone tell me if the gate was pulled down by someone?

I really don't think so. I watched it a couple of times and think there must have been a worker who lifted the gate who let it go too early. I imagine the person didn't want anyone else but racers to go through and either it slipped or he/she dropped it early. Almost all the teams were through it, so I find it hard to believe someone deliberately pulled it down.

I have to admit I love the rewind button on my DVR. It got a lot of use during the Speedo scene.
DouginNYC
road blocked

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:22 pm

And does Kendra have two functioning brain cells she can rub together?

What's sad about that scene (and others) is that this racer graduated at the top of her class. I look really bad now.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Next

Return to Past Seasons