Episode 6B Phil is a Choo-Choo Charlie

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Episode 6B Phil is a Choo-Choo Charlie

Postby miri on Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:55 pm

It's official - my computer hates this show. It wouldn't let me record it or take screen grabs from the live broadcast. *sigh* Off to transfer the TiVo recording to VHS so I can make shitty grabs.

Oh, and the show itself? Yeah...it was a clip show. Too much retread, not enough new. A bit of interesting new...and I like Kris and Jon even more now.

eta - I forgot my favorite moment of stupidity: the president of Senagog? Synagogue? Huh? Loved how they showed it over and over again.
Last edited by miri on Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Big Slick on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:10 pm

DouginTx wrote:
Well, Tx, we do get Jon shirtless every week in the opening.

Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoy and sometimes rewind that scene. I just wanted sweaty Jon with his abs glistening and muscles bulging and.......sorry, I need a moment.

How about Jon not only swimming, but also taking off his pants tonight?!

Phil is a Choo-Choo Charlie, but Jon is a smoking-hot motherfucker.
Big Slick
TARfly

Postby Giuseppe on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:11 pm

forgot my favorite moment of stupidity: the president of Senagog? Synagogue?

I bet the dumbass didn't even know he said it wrong until tonight.

I thought it was a good clip show. I think they did the best they could given they had only an hour and they pretty much had to retread to catch up late viewers. Maybe this would have worked better as a 2 hour thing.
Last edited by Giuseppe on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby Rachel RSL on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:11 pm

So who said this week's title? I missed it. (And I'm really having trouble figuring out what a choo-choo Charlie is and why Phil is one.)
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby Piperdown on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:13 pm

I really liked this episode. Sure it didn't add much, but it was nice seeing different scenes. Kris is amazing, and Jonathan is just a complete asshole. The difference between the two was really high lighted this week. Kris is a good person, and made friends with people even if they couldn't do anything to help her in the race. Jonathan just the opposite.

Plus I miss Lena and Kristy. I mean REALLY miss them. I was good to see that again. That scene in the car prepping for Phil was good, and not nearly as creepy as when Mirna did it.

ETA: Rachel it was Kristy, it was when they were in tyhe car going to the check-in.
Piperdown
TARfly

Postby Big Slick on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:14 pm

Rachel RSL wrote:So who said this week's title? I missed it. (And I'm really having trouble figuring out what a choo-choo Charlie is and why Phil is one.)

Kristy said it.
She was putting on her lips.
She said she needed to look good for Phil, because he's a choo-choo Charlie and a class act.
Big Slick
TARfly

Postby miri on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:18 pm

Did you notice that at the Brandenburg Tor, Kendra turned around, looked at Victoria being hysterical and Jonathan being, well, Jonathan and then turned back around and did that "yeah!" thing? At first, I thought they were just making it look that way, but in the long shot of J&V, you can see Kendra turning back to Phil and raising her arms.

Freddie is so Kendra's Daddy. The whole "calm down, your acting irrationally" - it sounded like he was talking to a 2 year old. Much more to me than the first time I saw it. And just like a terrible 2 year old, she stamps her foot, yells and pouts a lot.

Why does Lori always say Bolo is yelling when he's talking very calmly? Weird.

Loved the whole interaction between L&B and Rebecca and Adam and the bungee jump.

eta - twins? There are twins this season?
Last edited by miri on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
miri

Postby theschnauzers on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:19 pm

Title quote was one of the twins as they were putting on their makeup on their way to the Iceland pit stop.

Can you not love Kris and Jon even more after the additional stuff tonight? I wish that some of the stuff they saved for the clip show had been used during the regular episode....like the lost clue in Chicago, the need to fill the Trabants with a whatever size gas cannister that was, Jon and Kris in the water at the Goree Island pit stop with the African kids.

And as to Jonathan, it's really evident now that all of the teams hate him. And Kendra and Rebecca and Hayden need to take Racing lessons from Kris.
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby Big Slick on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:26 pm

Well, they did wear the same outfit one leg . . .
Big Slick
TARfly

Postby judy on Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:04 pm

theschnauzers wrote:And as to Jonathan, it's really evident now that all of the teams hate him. And Kendra and Rebecca and Hayden need to take Racing lessons from Kris.

No kidding!! When something goes wrong, laugh about it, then work together and figure it out. OR, you could just do the public humiliation thing that makes you look like a total bitch on TV, and makes your man look like an idiot for staying with you.
And, about jonathan? yeah, it does seem like they hate him. Even though he's got pictures on his site of them partying with him - some people will jump at the opportunity to rub elbows with the rich and famous.

miri wrote:Why does Lori always say Bolo is yelling when he's talking very calmly? Weird.

I noticed that. Bolo seems to have things under control, and she's YELLING at him to stop yelling. It's happened a few times. The lady's got issues.
judy
yielded

Postby miri on Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:10 pm

judy wrote:Even though he's got pictures on his site of them partying with him - some people will jump at the opportunity to rub elbows with the rich and famous.

A lot of racers get along much better post race than they did during the race. So, that just seems pretty par for the course to me.

Did anyone else get the impression that Hayden just didn't really understand what the Berlin Wall was about?
miri

Postby Piperdown on Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:16 am

Did anyone else get the impression that Hayden just didn't really understand what the Berlin Wall was about?

No, not at all. I think she just thought that it would be grander because of the way it's talked about. I used to think the same thing as well. I always imagined it as this grand impenetrable wall. How else would it be feared and keep people in. When I finally saw a picture of it I was shocked at the minisculeness of it all. I was like "how did that keep people from escaping?" Of couse the soliders and the guns made that pretty clear. I mean it's just a wall, a pretty generic concrete wall. It's what it represents that makes it so mounumental. Considering that now it's just a section of wall, and it's out of context, I could see Hayden being shocked.
Piperdown
TARfly

Postby miri on Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:24 am

Cool - thanks for that perspective on it. I guess it would seem pretty unimpressive with out all the guards, the guard towers and the "no man's land" between the east/west sides of the wall and with there just being a section left. All I know, is that when I was there...I was plenty impressed. Of course, I also took an illegal photo of the wall from the East side while standing in front of an East German Police Station building (didn't know it was illegal). Our guide's face went white and he whisked us away as quickly as he could!
miri

Postby The Last Dodo on Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:55 am

How about Jon not only swimming, but also taking off his pants tonight?!

Phil is a Choo-Choo Charlie, but Jon is a smoking-hot motherfucker.

Oh hell yeah. I wouldn't mind that being a weekly feature over the credits..."Jon's Positive Thoughts While Swimming" or something. Or Kris and Jon so all bases are covered.

I also liked Aaron making fun of Jonathan at IKEA, and this:
Loved the whole interaction between L&B and Rebecca and Adam and the bungee jump.

cracked me up as well.

"Do you have a living will, Rebecca?"
"Everyone? Suck it!"
The Last Dodo
taking a detour

Postby jer2002 on Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:08 am

Well, I'll say that I really didn't like the clip show. All the clips of Rebbeca, Kendra, and Hayden acting like stupid idiots bugged me. And Bolo at customs acting like he had CP (Which I REALLY do have, Jerk!) just ..don't even..yuck.
jer2002
taking a detour

Next

Return to Past Seasons