Episode 6-3 - Counting Bears is not Rocket Science

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Episode 6-3 - Counting Bears is not Rocket Science

Postby mjmarble on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:06 pm

Topic? I'm too depressed to comment. Discuss.

Stupid bales of hay.
mjmarble
republican godfather nekkid frat boy

Postby PButtercup on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:07 pm

That was sad - I hope the Pizza boys were watching.
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby GinevradiBenci on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:13 pm

Man, it got to a certain point and I knew that no matter who was actually eliminated, I'd be sad. *sniffle* Bye, Lena and Kristy! You went out with class, which counts for something.

I was pondering how ironic it was going to be that the oldest team was going to be eliminated on a non-physical challenge, and then everything went bizarro world on me! Don and MJ battled through to the end.

This is the rare episode where I feel no envy of the racers. From first to last, it was full of frustrating bunching, frustrating, fussy little tasks, and frustrating physical exertion where luck played the biggest part. I'd rather eat a chicken foot, thanks.
GinevradiBenci
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby raspberrytea on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:14 pm

Definately. I guess I wasn't the only one screaming at Marshall and Lance. I can't believe that happened. I dont know if you have ever tried to assemble anything from IKEA but it sucks. I am surprised there werent many problems with it.
Last edited by raspberrytea on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raspberrytea
the world is waiting

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:15 pm

I think that's our first mercy Philimination. And about time, too. Didn't Phil say poor Lena had unrolled over *100* bales of hay? That poor thing! That was just awful, awful, awful.
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby JenEx on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:15 pm

That was my first thought -- suck it, Marshall & Lance. This is the way to go out.

So sad, though. I didn't expect to like them, and I totally did. I wanted Phil to, like, give them a trip or something just for effort. Although Lena must have missed a clue envelope or five -- no way in 100 bales there wasn't one? I think she was more pawing through the hay then unrolling, unfortunately. Wahh.

Team Spazpants? Big ship, right in front of you. Jonathan's view of the ship must have been blocked by his massive ego. They ran around the harbor what, three times? And lost a place to Hera and SpyDaddy. Hee.

And whoever came up with that IKEA task is just evil.
JenEx
TARfly

Postby mjmarble on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:15 pm

I get the feeling there were no more bales to unroll - which is why she began searching old bales too...
mjmarble

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:17 pm

I thought Kristi said there were only 3 bales left. Which means that she had to have missed a number of clues (or other teams also may have overlooked some). Although with that much hay spread all over that huge field, I'm not terribly surprised. Yellow clue envelopes in the midst of all that yellow hay? Evil, evil, evil.

But on a lighter note, I absolutely adored Bolo counting, "66, 68, 80." Snerk!
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby Fukui San on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:22 pm

Gah. Poor Lena & Kristy. Nice people, good enough racers, got legitimately screwed in a luck based task, but never quit. Good job.

Well, the Yield was there. Only three this season. I was rooting for someone to Yield Jonathan, but it wouldn't have made a difference. Also, I thought it would have been a tactical no-brainer for Lori & Bolo to Yield the oldsters, but that wouldn't have mattered either.

Half the teams will be seeing little stuffed bears in their sleep, methinks.

I like everyone in this race but Jonathan. Someone take him out soon.
Fukui San

Postby theschnauzers on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:23 pm

I think you're correct Mama Tiger in that Lena and Kristy were the first team to be eliminated in the middle of a task without a mercy clue and without quitting.

Eight hours? Wow. Wow. Wow.

The Yield is now officially there, but cut back to three for the Race (wish it were zero).

Apparently there must be a rule prohibiting ties, because there's no question Hayden and Aaron and Kris and Jon would have gone for a tie for first if they could have.

Phil said, btw, that there were 20 clues hidden in the 270 bales, so I wonder what they heck happened?
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby devajd on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:23 pm

Those teams had a TERRIBLE approach to counting. Then Lena and Kristi really started doing it well. I am just so disappointed that they got eliminated.
devajd
bunched

Postby RitaTome on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:24 pm

I wanted Phil to, like, give them a trip or something just for effort.

Me too JenEx! At least give them a trip to a day spa, or something..*snicker*
RitaTome

Postby Hildy on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:24 pm

Boo! That was almost as heartbreaking as the Traditional elimination of the 4th place nice guys. I really liked that team and thought they had the skills to go far. But boy, way to stick to a task. Nothing but admiration here. And Jonathan can't get off my screen fast enough. I find him disturbing in a creepy, eery, man- in- a- tower-with- an-Uzi kind of way. Colin is Winnie the Pooh cuddly next to him.
Hildy
taking a detour

Postby devajd on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:26 pm

I think I did hear phil tell a team to step off the mat and be checked in one at a time. Maye last season? Certainly they are not allowed to tie for first, not with all the trips.

I want to hear the producers take on that task. They must have been having a hard time watching her unroll all those bales. 7 hours. No food. A little water. Completely and utterly exhausting.
devajd
bunched

Postby JenEx on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:27 pm

Those teams had a TERRIBLE approach to counting

They did. Writing it on your hand? They needed to have some kind of system where one person counted and the other recounted back into the bin, or something -- or sort into groups of ten and then 100. Just counting over and over and having to start from the beginning when you're wrong? Insane.
Last edited by JenEx on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JenEx
TARfly

Next

Return to Past Seasons