Episode6-2 I'm Not His Wife He Doesn't Need to Scream at Me

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

Episode6-2 I'm Not His Wife He Doesn't Need to Scream at Me

Postby theschnauzers on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:05 pm

A rule that gets broken by one team, but they're not the team that gets eliminated. Good bye, Meredith and Maria. Kris and Jon come in first and win a cruise to Alaska.
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:09 pm

This was a pretty good episode, also somewhat challenging. I had flashbacks to TAR4 with the detour. Man, I would have struggled with the three tasks! At least it wasn't a roadblock this time around!

Depsite his character, Jon and Vic actually did well here, and Gus and Hera need to hussle faster in the future so that they don't fall from first to third at the end there.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby GinevradiBenci on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:11 pm

That ep was a classic! The wrong car, a time penalty at the mat, and a profound misunderstanding of the rule "learn stick shift before leaving on the race." Plus, a really great detour setup that shuffled the team standings (and probably caused them to leave a lot of skin behind on the Norwegian asphalt).
GinevradiBenci
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby miri on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:12 pm

I really don't understand the whole "team up and row" thing. It looked and felt way too survivor-ish to me. And forched bunching? Nah, we don't do forced bunching.

Perhaps the subtitle for this season should be "When the Race gets even with NYers"

eta
I had flashbacks to TAR4 with the detour.

No kidding! It was a great set of tasks though - no one was clearly the "obvious" choice.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Fukui San on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:13 pm

OK, I am NOT, I repeat, NOT tearing up because of Don and Mary Jean's shmoopy apology-fest OK? It's dusty here. And I have allergies. Shut up! Stupid old people.

Jonathan has now berated his wife, made Maria or Meredith (I can't tell) cry, and motioned like he wanted to slap his wife across her face in the previews. He must die.

Gus and Hera are THIRD?

Too bad for Maria and Meredith. They're nice and they supported each other through bad breaks, and got hosed with circumstance in some respects. They got screwed with the standard clutch, but you should've learned before coming onto the race. Mirna did last season.

Go Kris and Jon! Where do I sign up for "Go Time"?

Great episode. I couldn't believe that they got in the wrong car. What would happen if they went to the end? Another 30-minute penalty?
Fukui San

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:18 pm

Yeah, last week Brooklyn, this week Queens. Not good for the New Yorkers this time. I'll assume they were all Yankees fans. :-)

At least Gus was actually raaaacing this time.

Boy, was MJ pissed at Don for just running up that ski jump!

Aaron isn't going to be able to sit down the next day, after planting his butt on the pavement that hard that many times. Ouch!

Just how did Lena and Kristy sweet-talk that daddy into lending them his son for the day? And how sad was the son to have to say goodbye?

But the lines of the night again belonged to Lori, who apparently has no filter between her brain and her mouth: "Blue Hair went that way. I'm just glad I don't have to look at his face no more." And the oh-so-deep
"Accuracy means you gotta be accurate."

Excellent episode!
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby GinevradiBenci on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:18 pm

I wondered about the car thing, because technically, Adam and Rebecca could have driven Don and Mary Jean's car, right? Because they were all headed towards the pitstop? But there's probably a rule about it somewhere because if one of the cars had broken down, it would have confused things bigtime. Do the teams leave the keys in the car?
GinevradiBenci

Postby JenEx on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:22 pm

The quotes alone were awesome, and sure to be legendary:
"I need to run into this hay"
"This is not our car!"
"This is not safe!"
"Try to find the humor in this"

Poor El Hornio. He will never find sunglasses like those again. His life is OVER. Because I'm sure you can't buy sunglasses anywhere in Norway.
JenEx
TARfly

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:23 pm

I'm guessing there are up to 5 pages or so on TWOP?

Anyway, I'm not too surprised to see the penalty not mean too much here. Chip and Kim as well as the twinkies got a harsher penalty when they actually had to go back to get a damn piece of cardboard.

Well, I guess this means that we know the winners!

ETA: Welcome to TARflies, JenEx!
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby Mama Tiger on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:25 pm

The only thread open on TWOP that I could get to the one time I was even able to get in won't last; it wasn't titled correctly. And it had two posts. That was about two minutes ago. Clearly, their server problems aren't over.

ETA I also about fell off the sofa laughing at the expression on Phil's face when Lori came up and shook him by the labels! Lori, keep your hands off Phil. Now. Back. Off. Hee!
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby jer2002 on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:33 pm

Despite the penalty I just LOVE Freddy. Why do you ask? I loved it when he called Johnathan an asshole when they were getting off the boat.
jer2002
taking a detour

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:35 pm

Maybe they should consider looking into a Oracle-based database instead of SQL or whatever they've got that'll manage 2 databases to run off of 2 of 5 new servers. The problems looks like it's going to catch up to them in the semi-forseeable future.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby PButtercup on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:36 pm

Wow - there was something for everybody in this episode. I am sorry to see Maria and Meredith go - at least they didn't scream at each other.

ETA I also about fell off the sofa laughing at the expression on Phil's face when Lori came up and shook him by the labels! Lori, keep your hands off Phil. Now. Back. Off. Hee!

That was hilarious - I think Phil was in fear of his life.
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:39 pm

I ought to recommend that Phil get Mr. T and/or Wesley Snipes as his permanent greeters. Speaking of which, is it me, or was the greeter the same person as last week?

Edited because Wesley Snipes makes a better "bodyguard/greeter" than Dennis Rodman and Mirna put together
Last edited by SeaBreeze341 on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby GinevradiBenci on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:44 pm

Oh, my god, the PhilGrab by Lori made me fall off the sofa, I was laughing so hard. His cute little "Eeep!" expression was so priceless!
GinevradiBenci

Next

Return to Past Seasons