5.11 - "It's Okay, Run Them Over"

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

5.11 - "It's Okay, Run Them Over"

Postby miri on Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:04 pm

Ignore me, I'm still huddled in the corner trying to escape the idea of that bridge.

That was one tense ep, wasn't it?
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby MarquisDcarabas on Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:11 pm

I can't wait for the ESM when someone explains to Christie that the other person was supposed to control the ox. It was a detour not a roadblock TexASS
MarquisDcarabas
the world is waiting

Postby Sue Denim on Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:34 pm

This was a fantastic episode!

I hate - just hate - Colin and Christie! But I laughed my ass off when Christie pulled the rope with the clue out of the mud and showed it to Colin. There was something about that moment that seemed hysterical.

I personally think that they lost more time doing the roadblock than waiting for the timer.

Next best moment was the moms putting together the Jeepie like no one's business. Looks like they had been practicing that forever!
Sue Denim
the world is waiting

Postby Kanuck on Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:39 pm

Since C&C didn't really follow the rules (i.e. she found the rope/clue, it wasn't pulled out by the plow), I wonder if they'll get a penalty.

It was a great ep, though - very tense and entertaining, although I'm going to ignore the last minute and pretend C&C were eliminated ... until they somehow manage to appear onscreen next week.
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby newman44 on Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:45 pm

Big time intensity in that one.
As much as I hate to C&C, I was relieved to see no one got philiminated because of the yield.
They also didn't follow the rules of winding the clue down at the marina, right?
Loving the Moms.

Still can't believe that we will have four teams starting off in the finale.
newman44
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby lochnessa on Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:54 pm

Totally feeling the long lost twin vibe with Karen this ep...something about the way she threw the map at Linda...me in a nutshell.

And I forgot this was nonelimination I was seriously actually doing a jumping up and down fist pumping dance alone in my living room when I thought Colin and Christie were out. Ah well, I wonder how far behind they are.

Two questions:

Why did Chip race to the Yield when everyone was definitely going to yield C&C and hence coming under the evil eyed wrath of Hurricane Colin?
What is this bitching by Colin about Chip & Kim not playing fair when the Yield was a part of the RACE as designed by TPTB? umm, yeah I just HATE him. Almost as much as he, apparently, hates Christie.

ETA: I agree the Yield is stupid, I just totally love that it put a dent in C&C.
Last edited by lochnessa on Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lochnessa
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby miri on Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:54 pm

I love the idea of 4 teams going into the finale - it's going to be fun. Watching more begging? Not so much fun, but plenty to mock during TARcon.

Christie? Needed to shut up during the ox bit. Yes, Colin did too, but at least he was trying to do something.

Love the moms - despite Linda's voice.

I too am glad that no one was eliminated because of the yield. I'm hoping that they don't bring it back next season.
miri

Postby Tribefan on Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:44 pm

That ox going in circles, while Colin melted down in the field had me laughing my ass off. I kept hoping against hope that the spoiler was bogus, but I knew they weren't out. However, the spoiler did say that Chip & Kim were saved by non-elimination, so that part was wrong.

As much as I don't like the Yield and hope it goes away, it could not have been used to better effect than in this episode. How many other Yields were actually positioned at the spot where a task had to be performed?? To have to do that task with Colin staring at them with cold, dead (yet intense!) eyes? PRESSURE!!!

I tell you one other change I would welcome in this race -- I really, really wish they'd make it mandatory for both team members to do a certain number of Roadblocks (at least 3). I am SO sick of these pathetic girls insisting that the big strapping boys have to do all the Roadblocks before they even read the first clue about it. And then Christie acting like the ox detour was a Roadblock and doing NOTHING? She IS a TexASS. (although the "just run them over" bit was quite attractive too)
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby miri on Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:59 pm

For those who believe that editing tells the story...Brandon started the "end episode confessionals" and Nicole ended them. No other team got separate confessionals like that. Of course, when Nicole said, "God has put everything in me it takes to win this race," I immediately added "including these implants" - cause I'm mean.

I wanted to slap Christie during that Jeepny(?) ride. My goodness was she rude!
miri

Postby Sue Denim on Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:00 am

I would really like to know how long Colin and Christie were in the mud field. I think they might have caught up to a number 3 position had they kept their shit together during the Detour. The other teams seemed to think they were close enough behind them and they all switched to taxis. They believed that Colin and Christie were in the position to beat them.

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the yield either, but in the context of this episode, it was pure gold. I bet it stays in TAR6.
Last edited by Sue Denim on Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sue Denim
the world is waiting

Postby MacMadame on Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:02 am

I screamed when Brandon and Nicole got to the mat ahead of Colin and Christie. I can't believe how much I HATE C&C. I knew they weren't going to be eliminated though... luck of the evil and all. But I was hoping I was wrong.

That was a really tense episode. I agree it was stupid of Chip to use the Yield when everyone was planning to use it. Didn't he offer his cab $300 too? Or did I miss-hear?
MacMadame
TARfly

Postby pinkgodzilla on Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:41 am

Yay! For at least a few moments fuckin' Colin and Christie were toast.

Damn non-elim. I do appreciate having four teams for the final episodes however. I just really, really hate Colin and Christie.

I so wanted to beat Colin for yanking on the ox. Jeez jackass, why do you think the poor thing is jumping boarders huh? Could it be because you are a freaking, out-of-control, loudmouth jackass? Nice not helping out there Christie.

I still want them to lose in the worst way.
pinkgodzilla
taking a detour

Postby Giuseppe on Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:16 am

Wow, when Brandon and Nicole read the clue for the pitstop, I was all "Huh? Wha?" I looked at my clock and it was 10:40! Now that was a quick hour!

So I'm still not a big fan of the yield. I don't care who it's used on or when, I just don't like it. And I'm just gonna have to say it. If Colin and Christie cross the finish line first, it STILL won't bother me as much as watching Flo cross it.
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby ToniW on Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:53 am

Who knew Colin would turn into such a big whiny crybaby over being yielded? Watching him do that roadblock in peak tantrum mode was hysterical. I'm okay with having 4 teams in the finale episode. We're in for a night of high drama.
ToniW
fast forwarding

Postby DariaG on Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:08 am

Oh, Flo didn't bug me half as much as Colin does. She was stressed out and whiney. He's stressed out and mean. If I have to choose, I prefer whiney. And no, I don't give points for being a good racer. Optimal is a good person and good racer both, but I'll always take a good person over a good racer. Which puts Colin last on my list in this bunch. Of course, Christie proved herself his equal last night. I hate them. They're like a totally humorless and charmless version of Kelly and Jon, whom I also hated. Nothing good about this team except racing skills.

I loved this episode, though. Brandon and Nicole must be getting good at finding things in the mud. And I loved how all the teams realized they should Yield C&C while they had the chance. But Chip should have let the Moms do it -- they're the least close to C&C (or so it seems) and therefore had the least to lose by pissing them off. And the Moms have suddenly gotten their racing legs -- just in time (now watch them come in 4th). The Colin vs the ox scene was hilarious. The ox was clearly smarter, and willing to use his size. "Get me away from this meany! Oh, you won't? Then I'll run away and drag him with me!" Yay, ox!
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Next

Return to Past Seasons