12.5 - We Really Burned Bridges, For Sure

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

12.5 - We Really Burned Bridges, For Sure

Postby vinzanity on Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:27 pm

Discuss.
vinzanity
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby yikes on Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:32 pm

Blondes out!

Grampy stays in!

Nate/Jen stay.

2/3 ain't so bad.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby WalterC on Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:42 pm

These blondes would have given me a Tian & Jaree vibe, had they stuck around longer. No female team winning this race.

When Jennifer counted like this... 88, 89, 100... I was hoping that would be a sign of their elimination. But nope, they're still around.
WalterC
bunched

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:47 pm

I am glad the blondes are gone, the shorter one is just a vile person. The taller one has some hope and at least on eliminational station I'll be able to see them in their bikinis. Maybe once they get some sleep and rest they will not be so unbearable. I somehow doubt they will still be friends after this over. The other Jennifer isn't a very pleasant person either, maybe their is just something LA that takes the heart out of a person. Although Azaria has major jerk tendencies as well. It is surprising how few of team are likable, just Kynt & Vyxsin and TJ & Rachel, well grandpa seems cool too. I did like how the masked charaters were messing with the teams as the tried to count. This season must be going hardcore, because the KF is kicking in with most of teams and is obvious with how they are treating each other. I am surprised how well Ron is doing with his injury. At times Christina does look at him like he is from another planet.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby Holland on Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:14 pm

Tonight was fun. I had no idea Lithuania was so pretty. hated that there was bunching getting out of Africa, but it worked out OK.

I had to laugh that all the other teams had challenges finding their way on the deliveries, but TK finds the first hippie and the duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude says," I'll take you there..." which leads to their success. Way to go for them. Guess not washing your hair does pay..... :>)

Am glad blondes are gone, was TIRED of their bickering. Please take Jen next...she says hateful things when she is stressed out. (Not that he was that nice this episode either)
Holland
the world is waiting

Postby Abiz on Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:44 pm

YAY! Gnomes!
Abiz
taking a detour

The blondes are gone......Karma does work huh?

Postby Babygumbo on Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:11 pm

I am soooooo glad these horrible women are gone. Karma does exist. The sad thing is that they probably don't understand that. Goodbye and good riddance.
Babygumbo
the world is waiting

Postby vinzanity on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:16 am

It was a good run for the blondes. I must admit they lasted longer than I expected. Looking back now, Shana and Jennifer seem to have gotten a lot more air time tonight so you figure either them or Nick & Don would have got sent packing.

Absolutely loved how the travel agent absolutely screwed over Nick and Don, whether it was intentional or not is a different story. The intensity of the race definitely picked up, and that was very much evident from what we saw in tonight's episode. The roadblock was well organized, it's always good to be able to interact with locals, even if it was for a minute or two. Sure looks like it was TK's lucky day, as he had his own personal "tour guide". Hopefully, he paid him some US currency in exchange for his services. But im not sure about you, the detours on this leg wasn't very interesting at all. Sure, we got to see Ron take a nasty spill, but overall, i think there could have been better things to do in Lithuania, especially something better than counting the number of pieces of wooden fences. At least we got to see the gnome, i missed that little fella!

All in all, it was not an Emmy-award episode, but it was still pretty exciting and sure heck beats watching any other show on a Sunday night.

Suprise Team: Ron and Christina (3rd again for a second leg!)
vinzanity
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby heinlein on Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:53 am

yikes, totally agree! Hopefully the third part will come true next time.

There was only one flight to Ouagadougou per day, so it wasn't really suprising that there were only a flight out per day too.

I really liked this episode. Best of the season so far actually. We had airport drama, with three different flight routes. Driving with good teams being good navigators, and bad teams getting lost. Many changes in placements.

I really liked the roadblock, but it seemed that the hair saloon was harder to find than the other places (it is probably easier to remember names of restaurants because it is so much easier to try new ones and use several regularly).

I thought that the detour was fun too, maybe not the most traditional lithuanian thing, but great TV, especially some teams being more methodically and thus better at the counting option.

And the gnome is back. It didn't really bother me this time, as it was in the same place as the detour and the pit stop.

Added: I don't think that S&J were eliminated for some karma thing, it was right of them to u-turn Lorena & Jason (even though they probably did it for the wrong reason). It is a race after all. There has been to much of karma talk generally the las seasons. Shana & Jennifer were probably eliminated because they had a fall-out and couldn't cooperate efficiently.
heinlein
yielded

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:35 am

Great episode, just with the Gnomes alone! Love how Ron/Chris and Nic/Don are actually performing well on this race. They're not just surviving, they're trying to hit the mat first and race!

WalterC wrote:These blondes would have given me a Tian & Jaree vibe, had they stuck around longer. No female team winning this race.

When Jennifer counted like this... 88, 89, 100... I was hoping that would be a sign of their elimination. But nope, they're still around.

Well, it was one or the other, sadly not both. But I would've rather seen Jennifer/Nathan stick around. Although we're back to all F/F teams out, Jen/Nate were better racers IMO, and I'm used to them and they're arguing or whatever. Speaking of vibes, Jen/Nate are starting to give me a Eric/Danielle vibe. Trying to win as much as possible, but will finally do so when it counts.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby Loraxe on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:08 am

I hope Don and Nick can come back from a rough leg. They seemed a bit beaten down.

I loved the festival atmosphere and how counting was made more difficult by the costumed locals.

I love these random bits of luck like TK getting help easily because he looks like a student.

Hate. Stupid. Garden Gnomes.
Loraxe
fast forwarding

Postby rockhpi on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:10 am

I don't like it when people talk about Karma regarding activities that are within the rules of the Race. If you kick an infant to get a cab, OK. But I didn't need the U-Turn to want the blondes out, their comments about the locals in Burkina Faso were plenty.

The Travelocity gnome skanks up the Race a bit with the blatant product placement but if gnomes are indeed a Lithuanian thing then at least it fit. Now we know why they left Northern Europe to go to Africa then right back to Northern Europe - a last minute call that they found cultural gnomes! "Get them to Lithuania-pronto!" Watch out - if they find Aborigines who make carvings that look like the AOL logo...CBS will make them turn the planes around midflight.

Glad for TK and Rachel - They're back at the front and they're in my final 3 picks with Kent & Vixen and Nathan & Jen (Not because I like them, but because they tend to finish well and they seem like evil-team-final-3 material to me).
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby rockhpi on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:12 am

And how about that cameraman who almost captured his own death-by-bus on tape? I hope they pulled over so he could get a thorough cleaning.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby Dirk on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:15 am

vinzanity wrote:Absolutely loved how the travel agent absolutely screwed over Nick and Don, whether it was intentional or not is a different story.

I think what happened here goes back to the second episode. The grandson was rude to the KLM ticket agent; she walked off. Fast forward to this episode they go to a Air France/KLM ticket office(KLM & AF are the same airline they merged a few years ago) and the computer shows no seats, even though teams before and after get tickets. I suspect what happened is that the KLM agent in Amsterdam blacklisted them in the computer :) Morale of the story don't mess with airport workers!
Dirk
the world is waiting

Postby KenF on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:26 am

Dirk wrote:Morale of the story don't mess with airport workers!

Exactly! Don't mess with ticket agents or skycaps or the ticket agents or skycaps will mess with you!
KenF
taking a detour

Next

Return to Past Seasons