12.4 - Let's Name Our Chicken Phil

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

12.4 - Let's Name Our Chicken Phil

Postby miri on Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby Hildy on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:17 pm

I like this season. I didn't like who got eliminated this week, however.
Am I the only one expecting a PETA protest at the Emmys? Lot of goat bondage and chickens in a sack here.
Hildy
taking a detour

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:17 pm

Pretty good episode! If nothing, I loved the mandatory bald snarking. I may like Lorena/Jason more than Shana/Jennifer, but IMO, it was the right move, regardless of whatever the fallout might be. Much better than the Yield!

The dancing detour was interesting, and I wished that they had more detours than that. As for the chicken through the leg, I really thought that someone would've forgotten that, but good thing; tough way to lose if that happened!
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby DariaG on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:21 pm

First, shut up, Jennifer or Jen or whatever Nathan's stupid little girlfriend's name is. This is a competition. Competitors don't take turn unless they're practicing and their coach is putting them through drills. Since that's not a characteristic of TAR, you can shut up. And did I mention that you should shut up?

One useless couple out of the way. May it be Nathan and whatsername next, though that would be too good to be true.

Loved the u-turn concept. Much better than the yield!

Loved the dancing, the mining, and the market. Loved the chickens, felt incredibly sorry for the goats (seen next in a stew, no doubt). Loved Donald, loved Vyxxyn (sp?), loved H&A. Thought Jen/nifer should shut up. And we've had better blondes. These aren't that good.

Shut up, Jen/nifer.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby yikes on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:26 pm

You would think a dancer for a basketball team would know that it's better that your team wins all of its games instead of winning some and then feeling charitable and deciding to lose once in a while. (Then again, it WAS for the Clippers.) Seriously, Jennifer? As for the Blondes, they are still kinda ridiculous but I don't disagree with the use of the U-Turn (though they can't tell teams apart) and comparing Phil's hair to a chicken was a clucking (what?!) good time.

Meanwhile, Vixen is pretty awesome.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:32 pm

I still don't much care for Ron, but I do feel bad for him with all the pain he is going through with his injury. I am beginning to dislike the brother, he is way too harsh on his sister, and if she would have slowed down and let jen win her brother never would let her hear the end of it. Kynt's makeup has suffered being in Africa. The airline pilot needs to step up and start doing some more tasks, letting grandpa chase down the chicken by himself and not going in the gold mine because he didn't want his shoes to get dirty, what a nancyboy! I wonder of the blondes will still be friends after this race is over, the shorter one seems to take the lead and impose her will on the meeker one. Jen the Clippers dancer, she must have failed her audition to be a Laker girl! Glad the ratings are way up, but I am not feeling a lot love for this season. The u-turn is a great new addition, so much better than the intersection.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby JenEx on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:32 pm

The U-turn is an improvement over the Yield, at least. Loved the dancing, loved that Kent and Vixen made the most of the dancing and impressed the judges. So You Think You Can Dance, Africa edition. Heh.

Was hoping for more chicken hijinx. Poor birds stuck in little mesh bags.
JenEx
TARfly

Postby vinzanity on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:37 pm

Not sure why, but im especially loving tonight's episode. Maybe it's the whole U-turn frenzy, which I must admit, was very well-designed and it's too bad there are only 2 of them on the entire race. Shana and Jennifer are definitely lucky karma didn't bite them on the ass (for now), and I was actually surprised to see Lorena and Jason not arriving to the market (roadblock challenge) until the two remaining teams were well on their way to the pit stop. I was even more surprised that it wasn't a NEL, given that you may have thought there would have at least one by now. Can't wait for the 'Speed Bump', i wonder how that'll work out.

At least Ari and Staella got their wishes in "paradise".

EDIT: I just wanna add that i think it's becoming very clear that Azaria and Hendekea, and Nathan and Jennifer are definitely a notch stronger than the rest of the pack. Unless one of these teams make a costly mistake, they should be here for the long haul.
vinzanity
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby iMissEthan on Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:12 pm

Interesting enough tasks, but booo to all that spoon-fed transportation. They should have been driving themselves all episode, or else had to figure a way to pay their drivers with no money for this leg.
iMissEthan
bunched

Postby WalterC on Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:18 pm

I had a feeling that a U-Turn would work something like "go back 3 spaces" of a board game. I also think it is better than the Yield, which along with the Intersection, should be done away with.

Another 1st place finish for Azaria & Hendekea, which is their 3rd. If they keep this up, they could break the single season record for most 1st place finishes.

I am starting to like the Goths and Nicholas & Donald.
WalterC
bunched

Postby Jeepin'G on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:53 am

This season if growing on me, too, especially since my least favorite teams are dropping like flies.

Donkeys and camels seem much more interesting than chickens, who didn't really add anything to the episode. I mean, could have one of the chickens at least peed all over someone?

Loved the forced bald snark, and agree that it is much better than the Yield.

Goths seem to prove you can't judge a book by its cover.
Jeepin'G
at the start line

Postby The Australian on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:42 am

I always like episodes which spend more time in the same country as the previous one - an increasing rarity over the last few seasons.

What I didn't like was that the leg was designed very similarly to the second Botswana leg in TAR7, or the second Moroccan leg in TAR3. The last placed team had no real way to catch up (I don't think the U-Turn was a huge factor here), and seemed to go through the entire day without seeing another team.

Nicolas & Donald are probably my favourite team right now - I do wish we'd see a little more personality from Nic, but I'm happy to see them sticking around even if they have a worrying knack of immediately losing any advantage they gain. Kudos to Vyxsin for her heartfelt comments, too.

Nate, I like. Jen, I no like. She's just coming across as a bitchy person with an attack of "must-get-first-place" itis.

I was satisfied to see Jason & Lorena go, and I can forsee that TK & Rachel's inability to navigate their way out of a paper bag will come back to haunt them. And I like Shana & Jennifer - the fact that they are squabbling over tactics gives them texture, and they surely made the correct decision.
The Australian
bunched

Postby emjaytee on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:29 am

Am I the only one expecting a PETA protest at the Emmys? Lot of goat bondage and chickens in a sack here

No you're not the only one. KonaKini and I were bemoaning the use of animals in this leg. Hated the mesh bags and hated the little goats being strapped down. I understand cultural differences, but I don't expect them to participate. What's next? Go to a country where they eat dog and pick out their own puppy to be served up to them?
emjaytee
TARfloozy

Postby KonaKini on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:32 am

This season to me is nothing but a lot of animal cruelty. I understand that in many countries the animals do not have the respect they deserve but a game show should not be encouraging and/or showing acceptance to these types of behavior. I was extremely saddened to see those poor chickens being dragged along for the entire leg of the Race which can last for hours. And to see those poor little goats in those boxes made me want to cry. I think that the producers are creative enough to find other ways to conduct the tasks. They have done it before and they can do it again. Bring out the old Travelocity gnomes if you want to have them carry something throughout the leg. Enough of the disrespectful acts of the animals for a friggin' game show.
KonaKini
taking a detour

Postby Tea-time on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:56 am

yikes wrote:As for the Blondes, they are still kinda ridiculous but I don't disagree with the use of the U-Turn (though they can't tell teams apart).

I had that same thought, because it seemed like they were talking about using the U-Turn on the team that was coming up behind them, so I was expecting to see them put up TK & Rachel. But perhaps it's a case of those sneaky editors, trying to generate some suspense.

And as for Jen (of Nathan & Jen) - if you want to win a leg, I suggest you find a way to get in front of the team ahead of you, instead of whining about whose "turn" it is.
Tea-time
road blocked

Next

Return to Past Seasons