12.3 - Please, Lord, Give Me Milk

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

12.3 - Please, Lord, Give Me Milk

Postby miri on Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:54 pm

Discuss

"Are you all right?"

"No."

"Okay."

Heh.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby KenF on Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:58 pm

How Jason & Lorena are still in this, I don't know, but they are and congrats to them.

Camels and donkeys! I love it. Can cats be next? LOL.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby WalterC on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:07 pm

A huge mistake for one of the sisters (don't know which one is which) to help Lorena out, by suggesting to use another camel. That would end up costing them the race.

Ronald apparently learned from his actions, and was a lot more tolerable in this leg.

Azaria & Hendekea look like a team to be reckoned with. And I finally know how to say their names. :)

The Detour would have driven me nuts, either way. I don't learn fast.
WalterC
bunched

Postby yikes on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:11 pm

Drenched Phil + spiky hair = me swooning. (What?!)

Dissapointed in the sisters. For a team that were going into this like "soldiers", they sure didn't act like them, especially with 1) helping the "enemy" and 2) not hustling a bit faster with the camels for some breathing room.

And someone almost knocked over the greeter...who we later see has a BABY ON HER BACK. Man, that would not have been good at all.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby vinzanity on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:13 pm

Great camera work by the crew despite that sudden storm, loved the fact that they captured that moment. How smart was Azaria and Hendekea to split it 50/50 and memorize 5 words each? This team continues to surprise me with the degree of IQ they possesses. The fact that they were able to get a local to show em around sure didn't hurt either. (Hopefully they at least paid the boy in exchange for his services...)

After watching the preview for the next episode, it looks like we might have ourselves a yield next week, with Shana and Jennifer deciding to yield Lorena and Jason... unless it's one of those "Speed Bumps" or "U-turn" that finally makes its appearance on the TAR scene. Can't wait for next week's episode!
vinzanity
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby rockhpi on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:35 pm

Well, the first really awesome episode this season, maybe in a long time! The Teach/Learn Detour was great...we were out of the cities and someplace exotic. When Phil said the train would drop them off in the middle of nowhere, I knew we were in for adventure lol. And the (seemingly) close finish was great.

I normally despise freaky-outy-people, but I find myself rooting for Jason and Lorena...maybe because of the way he doesn't freak out back at her. I think if she can keep a lid on it, they can do well. I got a bad vibe off of Marianna and Julia and I'm not disappointed in the elimination.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby AlexDitto on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:58 pm

KenF wrote:Camels and donkeys! I love it. Can cats be next? LOL.

Now that's a REAL roadblock. "Milk twelve cats, then lead them across the desert...."

Did anyone else notice that Kynt and Vyxsin seemed to get the short end of the editing stick this episode? I'm rooting for them, but we barely got to see them. I suppose that means they're running a fairly tight race?

I was surprised that none of the teams realized that shouting across the field of camels was probably not a good idea? After two animal challenges, I think cooing is key. Cooing. Not Ron's singing. Yikes.

Phil's instantly spiked hair was amazing, but has anyone else noticed he seems a little less stern this season? No "each with its own pros and cons..." no "a task that only one team member can perform...", and no terrifying pause on the mat. I don't think I've ever heard him say, "don't worry, you're still in it..." before giving the place a team finished before. It's eerie!
AlexDitto
at the start line

Postby PatentlyTAR on Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:54 pm

Great episode. I must admit that I liked the bunching that kept them together. It would have been much less interesting if one team was first, one last, and the rest in the middle somewhere, which the airport drama seemed to suggest could have happened.
PatentlyTAR
yielded

Postby HieroHero on Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:28 am

That was one of my favorite episodes of all time.. Just the fact that they can go to burkino faso..thats why amazing race is the best reality show by far.. the camel task was fantastic too
HieroHero
the world is waiting

Postby rockhpi on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:06 am

Not real thrilled with the blondes ripping on third-world locals...
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby DariaG on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:18 am

Yeah, the blondes seem to be pretty clueless.

I was hoping we'd be rid of a dating couple last night, but that would have been too good to be true. Right now, I'd love to see Jennifer and Nathan go, but they're racing well and I fear they'll go the distance. It was good to see Ron show some self-awareness, and I wonder where that came from. I still like most of the teams this time.

I have mixed feelings about losing Marianna and Julia, but they weren't racing particularly hard or smart (telling the team right behind you how to do a Roadblock? no!), so they eliminated themselves that way.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby Northwoods101 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:20 am

At least the taller of the blondes got to drink organic milk!
I am amazed that with his hernia Ron is still in this, but with that injury he can't last long. Par usual the bickering couple is annoying. The guy should just go back to his ex, she is way too high strung and I don't feel bad for her that he cheated on her. Normally I thinki cheating men are scum, but she drove him to it IMO. Grandpa is the reason his team got chosen, the flyboy hasn;t said anything interesting or even done a task yet. Sad that the sisters are gone I think they could have been interesting if they had gotten a few more breaks. That only leaves one all women team after three legs. It was a nice twist that the airplane breakdown caused the later teams to get the jump that so rarely happens.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby djeber on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:01 am

This is the first elimination that left me disappointed. Well, a little disappointed, because while I didn't dislike Marianna and Julia, I didn't exactly like them either. However, I found Loreena's Flo act to be really grating, and so for that reason, I would have prefered to see her go. If she's freaking out that hard this early in the race, it doesn't bode well for her team, and I'd just as soon not have to watch her melt down every week.
djeber
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Hot Soup on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:18 pm

I agree, djeber. I'm not looking forward to dealing with any of the couples further down the line except the goths and the not-hippies.
Hot Soup
the world is waiting

Postby joe m on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:57 pm

djeber wrote: However, I found Loreena's Flo act to be really grating, and so for that reason, I would have prefered to see her go. If she's freaking out that hard this early in the race, it doesn't bode well for her team, and I'd just as soon not have to watch her melt down every week.

True, if someone is going to Flo-out, she needs to match her, um, assets, to be endearing.
joe m
taking a detour

Next

Return to Past Seasons