11.13 - Low to the Ground, That's My Technique

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

11.13 - Low to the Ground, That's My Technique

Postby buckybacker on Sun May 06, 2007 8:10 pm

At least we got to see the real Charla and Mirna.

I laughed so hard my wife thought I had lost it. The editors had too much fun with that one.
buckybacker
bunched

Postby KenF on Sun May 06, 2007 8:16 pm

What exactly were the real Charla & Mirna anyway? Was it the lovable couple who seemed to love life back in their season or the team that bullied ticket agents and taxi drivers and kidnapped locals?

Didn't like the results, but Danielle was the only one who figured out the safe code and that was the key.

Another of my favorites loses, but this time, the BQ's got close. One of these days, a team I've picked from the beginning will win.

Here's hoping TAR12 is greenlighted soon.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby Tris on Sun May 06, 2007 8:17 pm

Boo! Another season with no girl-girl win. And I used to believe in karma!

And Jeremy-the spanking remark? Watch the Sucks people start the HORNY GAY ********* thread again. (Why must you make it so easy for the homophobic Sucks idiots to slam you?)

Overall a good season with a crappy ending. (Just like last season.) Get us some good winners pleeeease! And renew TAR while you are at it.

PS: And I thought no one could hula worse than Sanjaya! It's proved. Charla and Mirna...please. No.
Tris
taking a detour

Postby LFBNick on Sun May 06, 2007 8:27 pm

At least the did the right version for their gender.....(But the guy one looks like someone who has ADD...no offense)

Looks like Charla and Mirna suffered from Weaville Syndrome, you know, leading the final leg for the first half then blowing it looking for a clue.

I applaud Danielle for solving the code in 5 minutes and scold Charla for not getting(I think?) one right. How did she not get overrated.

Oh, since its over, I guess its okay to say that is it is amazing that the placement spoiler list was 100% right?
LFBNick
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby luvdoggie on Sun May 06, 2007 8:33 pm

Wow, that was a nerve racking ending with only 2 minutes to spare, especially if you were the racers. Reminds me of the time when Chris/Alex won over Tara/Wil and that also ended in San Francisco.

Charla/Mirna were definitely not as fit as the other 2 teams. Too bad their lead to Honolulu were wasted with the 9AM helicopter ride. So pretty much everyone caught up after that point.
luvdoggie
the world is waiting

Postby amelia on Sun May 06, 2007 8:34 pm

Exciting finale, but I was really rooting for the BQs.

(at least C&M didn't win it- still hate 'em)
amelia
yielded

Postby vinzanity on Sun May 06, 2007 8:39 pm

Would have been so much better if it was a 2-hr finale.

Jeremy is so jokes. Love the dude, lmao.
vinzanity

Postby LFBNick on Sun May 06, 2007 8:40 pm

He got fat though. Like fatter than me fat. I think he went food emo after he lost.
LFBNick

Postby vinzanity on Sun May 06, 2007 8:59 pm

LFBNick wrote:He got fat though. Like fatter than me fat. I think he went food emo after he lost.

Didn't really pay attention to his body shape, can't wait to watch the episode again.

As for the season finale, i thought the ending could have been better. It lacked a motivational speech that would make people and the rest of the teams to cry. I'm sure Dustin and Kandice would have done just that had they won.

All in all, a great All-Star season!
vinzanity

Postby ThatTexasGuy on Sun May 06, 2007 9:00 pm

has there been a TAR reunion show like on survivor? i just started watching from TAR5.
ThatTexasGuy
the world is waiting

Postby KenF on Sun May 06, 2007 9:05 pm

It's usually on The Early Show the following day.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby brianmoe on Sun May 06, 2007 9:18 pm

It was crazy how the editors gave C&M much more time than the blondies. I wonder if phil will come this time to present the check. The challenges were great with the best ending challenge besides 9. I wonder what the roadblock was. Hopefully they will tell us in the interviews. The ending didnt look very close at all.
Last edited by brianmoe on Sun May 06, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brianmoe
yielded

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun May 06, 2007 9:39 pm

The best thing about the win is eric's billy carter of a brother planning on parting away his bros money! I have to give to credit, they were the only ones to solve the final (great one, BTW), task and deserved to win.

The editors really did do a go job, that seeing the true Charla & Mirna was priceless and laugh out loud moment. I wonder what the reaction to that at TARcon was like, I love have loved to see her face, anyone with a camera? I did feel Sorry for Mirna after the kayaking, she looked so small and broken.

Sorry for the BQs not winning they wanted it so bad, it looks like you an alpha male to win. No previews and announce for another seaso, so sad, please renew
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby Amber ate a kitten on Sun May 06, 2007 10:54 pm

DEAR GOD, NOT THIS!

Eric & Dani were like, Rob & Amber jr! They won? Why didn't karma bite their $@#$@ing butts?!?!

Ozy & Danny didn't even get to see Charla & Mirna win. I felt like I was going to puke the entire time, and this is what we get?
That was, seriously, the worst TAR ending ever. DARN IT!
Last edited by Amber ate a kitten on Sun May 06, 2007 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber ate a kitten
the world is waiting

Postby Thora on Sun May 06, 2007 10:58 pm

I was so surprised to see Eric & Danielle win. I thought for sure (and really hoped) the BQ's would make it.

The ending sucked, but it was a good episode overall.

I haven't heard anything about the next season, but I hope it happens sometime soon.
Thora

Next

Return to Past Seasons