11.10 Good Doing Business With You

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

11.10 Good Doing Business With You

Postby LFBNick on Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:59 pm

Discuss

We'll, next weeks roadblock looks...fun.

EDIT: Oops, wrong episode number.
Last edited by LFBNick on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFBNick
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby KenF on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:00 pm

Usually, one of the mods will start this.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby Tris on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:03 pm

I LOVE Karma!
Tris
taking a detour

Postby LFBNick on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:03 pm

KenF wrote:Usually, one of the mods will start this.

I know, since none were on, I did it. I did it before too, miri said it was okay.
LFBNick

Postby leew261 on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:03 pm

Okay, I'm confused -- if Eric and Danielle, who were marked for elimination, had finished last, would they have been eliminated, even though it was a non-elimination leg? Having two non-elims in a row just doesn't make sense given the non-elim penalty.

On the other hand, I think Oswald and Danny's decision to sell their Yield made perfect sense. They weren't going to be going anywhere without any money, so it was a good strategic decision. As I said last time, racers need to get over being so personally offended by being Yielded. It's a part of the race, not a personal affront.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby grbecca on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:07 pm

I just wish D and O hadn't felt so guilty about using the Yield. It's a tool in the race.

It is confusing that this was a non-elimination leg. (Not that I'm upset, mind you! More of the Chas is always a good thing!) I'm kind of wondering if Phil just couldn't bring himself to eliminate the Chas.
Last edited by grbecca on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grbecca

Postby vinzanity on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:07 pm

2 non-elimination legs in a row? Interesting twist... can't seem to recall that happening from prior seasons. I gotta admit i was shocked when Eric and Danielle were chosen by the "Dirty Pirate Hookers" to be the ones yielded. I was so ready for Schmirna to be yielded too. Poor detour choice by Danny and Ozzie, thank goodness tonight was a NEL. You gotta give props to Eric and Danielle, they ran an outstanding leg and capitalize on other teams' mistakes.

Can't wait for the episode clips, there has to be one of them which is about when Eric and Danielle knew what actually went on... they'd be PISSED OFF at the blondies. Can't blame em though.
vinzanity

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:08 pm

Okay, I'm confused -- if Eric and Danielle, who were marked for elimination, had finished last, would they have been eliminated, even though it was a non-elimination leg? Having two non-elims in a row just doesn't make sense given the non-elim penalty.

My understanding of it was that when Phil made mention to the fact that the other teams could pass them by, he said that the MFE team could ultimately be eliminated. So, if they fell to last again, I would've assumed that they would've been MFE again.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby KenF on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:09 pm

I was hoping to see Eric & Danielle or Charla & Mirna be eliminated. Thank goodness for the NEL for Oswald & Danny.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby leew261 on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:09 pm

So in essence, there is no penalty for finishing last in the first of two non-elim legs. How dumb.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby LFBNick on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:12 pm

Yeah, this happened in Season 3 were a Flo and Zach getting a second in a row.
LFBNick

Postby vinzanity on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:14 pm

This is a wild guess. But imagine this.

Given facts: 1) There are 2 more weeks left in The Amazing Race. 2) There are no more NEL.

Could it be possible that next week's episode is a TBC and imagine them having 4 TEAMS running the final leg for the $1 million grand prize?!

How crazy would that be if it came true?

LFBNick wrote:Yeah, this happened in Season 3 were a Flo and Zach getting a second in a row.

Fair enough, i didn't watch most of season 3. I got hooked onto the show because of the clowns in S4. Thanks for the input though.
Last edited by vinzanity on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vinzanity

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:15 pm

Non-elim followed by a non-elim with the inclusion of of MFE, BOO! The editors did a great jo on this one, the countdown to to the yield was fun, with all erics hopeful planning and the waiting for those to be dashed. He handled much better than I thought he would. I think Eric & Danielle are beginning to get a better edit. Mirnas edit is going down with the inclusion of Charla snapping at her. It was really dumb of the BQ's the bend the truth about their invovlement in the yield. Their lying about being yeilded in TAR10 as betten then in the ass ans I think this will too. Glad they won they leg.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby leew261 on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:16 pm

Could it be possible that next week's episode is a TBC and imagine them having 4 TEAMS running the final leg for the $1 million grand prize?!

But then the "marked for elimination" would be applied at the finish line, which I can't imagine. How anticlimactic it would be to have a team finish the race first but lose because of a 30 minute penalty.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby djeber on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:26 pm

Although I don't like the yeild, I thought this was the best use of it to date. I liked the extra layer of game-playing that came in when the Chas used it as a bargaining tool. It was a win-win for both teams, and the only thing that bugged me was that Danny and Oswald bought into all that karma nonsense and then felt guilty about it. In contrast, the BQ's nailed it perfectly when they said "it's a strategic tool." That's one of the reasons I love that team: they get that it's a competitive game, and that you should use whatever advantages you can to stay in (I was a little disappointed that they kind of weaseled their way out of fully taking responsibility in the end). In contrast, Mirna sounded like a sanctimonious ass-clown, and Eric like a whiny tool. I did feel a little bad for him and Danielle, until they started talking again.

I also don't really get the point of doing two non-elims in a row, but by the end I had my eyes closed and my fingers crossed that there would be one. I want to see both the BQ's and the Chas make it until the end. I'm also hoping Charla finally snaps and slugs Mirna. I thought she was coming close in the interview tonight.

Also, did anyone else think that the BQs were maybe enjoying the noodle-making task in a way that the producers might not have anticipated, or am I just a bad person for having these thoughts?
djeber

Next

Return to Past Seasons