11.9 - We Are Trying to Make Love, Not War

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

11.9 - We Are Trying to Make Love, Not War

Postby miri on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:57 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby KenF on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:00 pm

Mirna is soooooo annoying. Getting into the faces of ticket agents is just above and beyond the realm of sanity. I'm surprised that the agents didn't give them a ticket to Abi Dhabi as retaliation.

And seeing Eric & Danielle Marked for Philimination is nice. Seeing them out would be even better.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby leew261 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:01 pm

So happy to see my two favorite teams finishing first and second. But Oswald and Danny using up all their money -- not good. I hope the next leg isn't one that starts with zero dollars.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby Tris on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:04 pm

Eric and Danielle MFE. Good. I want them GONE! And I want Charla and Mirna to STAY! I do not care what anyone else thinks about my team choices, habibi!

But I gotta say, this leg? ZZZZZZ.
Tris
taking a detour

Postby LFBNick on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:06 pm

They received SO much money this race! And how are Triboob down to only 20 dollars?

I think C/Ms taxi dude hated them. That was really sad. I thought Charla did really well on the roadblock, other than sticking her head up a pipe and overturning bags looking for the clue.

Nice leg, I guess the roadblock was kinda physical.

THE DAIRY QUEENS ARE GONNA GET YIELDED! OOOOOOOOOOO! K, can't wait for next week.
LFBNick
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby leew261 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:08 pm

Yeah, it was odd -- about the first 20 minutes were airport maneuvers and the second place team checked into the pit stop with about 15 minutes left, leaving the rest of the time for a non-suspenseful taxi race through Hong Kong. Definitely not very action packed hour.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby DariaG on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:09 pm

When are all these whiny-asses going to stop bitching and moaning about the Yield? It's as much a part of the game as the Fast Forward. Idiots. And that includes the ones who quietly say "we're not going to play it like that" or whatever -- I'm looking at you, Danny & Oswald. Who are, btw, my pick to yield the BQs next week.

It wasn't a great leg, and I'm surprised there was no mention of Danny & Oswald having been there in their season. I'm sure they said something about it, so it was undoubtedly an editing decision. But I think it should have been included.

Loved the Kung Fu climbing concept, but I wish they'd actually had to interact more, and in a way that made it to film at less of a distance.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby Trista on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:10 pm

I agree with Tris. Keep Charla/Mirna and boot Eric/Danielle.

I love Mirna's quote though.
Trista
at the start line

Postby theamazingracer on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:10 pm

KenF wrote:Mirna is soooooo annoying. Getting into the faces of ticket agents is just above and beyond the realm of sanity. I'm surprised that the agents didn't give them a ticket to Abi Dhabi as retaliation.

And seeing Eric & Danielle Marked for Philimination is nice. Seeing them out would be even better.

Nah, Abu Dhabi would be too easy for her to get out of.

ITA about Hairic and Danihell. Especially since they've already arrived last and been saved this season, thanks to the Guidos' penalty. That's one of my main problems with MFE - that if it knocks a team out, another gets to stay with no penalty whatsoever.

It's pretty easy at this point to list the teams in order of favouritism:

1st: The Chas
2nd=: The BQs
2nd=: ChMirna
4th: Frankenteam
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby Tribefan on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:12 pm

Emjaytee and I were talking and wondered just when the rules changed to allow more than one Fast Forward per team.
Tribefan
official tush photographer & fish tease
official tush photographer & fish tease

Postby yikes on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:14 pm

Ah Hong Kong...where Mary and Peach drank some horrid tea. Where Phil had to stand in a damn boat for 13 hours waiting for teams. Where the Cha started one of the best run legs ever on TAR. And back in TAR2, the Star Ferry was a clue they had to figure out.

Last season, Mary said on the Finish Line that the FF option was available as one was tied to the Intersection and the other was solo. So I guess that applied here. And if I get the chance to tell Bert/Elise, I will tell them this is a HORRIBLE idea.
Last edited by yikes on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby LFBNick on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:14 pm

Last season, if you do the Intersected FF, you can still do another one.
LFBNick

Postby TravelQueen17 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:15 pm

I was surprised there wasn't a penalty for Charla and Mirna? Weren't they supposed to take the Star Ferry to the island... and didn't they take a cab all the way there instead?

I was thinking that would be a "do over" or a problem. Maybe I misunderstood what happened?
TravelQueen17

Postby himindy on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:16 pm

I too was happy to see that Danielle and Eric are MFE, Thank God! However, I did a groan aloud when Phil said they were not going THIS week. How anticlimactic! It was hard to make a choice as to which team I was hoping to see come in last this leg... especially since Charla and Mirna are annoying as hell! I did think it was a wonderful idea to put Charla on the airport cart and push her through the airport. It was a nice change to avoid hearing Mirna's nauseating voice saying...run Charla... run…run... SAVE ME!

I do agree with Tris...this leg was not as exciting as some of the previous ones.
himindy
yielded

Postby miri on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:18 pm

TravelQueen17 wrote:I was surprised there wasn't a penalty for Charla and Mirna? Weren't they supposed to take the Star Ferry to the island... and didn't they take a cab all the way there instead?

I was thinking that would be a "do over" or a problem. Maybe I misunderstood what happened?

I think they essentially did the do-over themselves: took the ferry on a round trip.
miri

Next

Return to Past Seasons