11.7 - If I Were in Town, I'd Ask for Your Number

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

11.7 - If I Were in Town, I'd Ask for Your Number

Postby miri on Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby himindy on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:00 pm

why ...why...could it not have been Danielle and Eric??? Or Charla and Mirna.... Dang it!!!!1
himindy
yielded

Postby LFBNick on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:03 pm

That was the best detour ever. The tasks were not great, but the interactions were hilarious! HEH!
LFBNick
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby KenF on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:05 pm

The Boob does it again, treating the Blond so poorly. Are we seeing another relationship breakup before our eyes? Is this Peter & Sarah II?

And yet another case where Our Lady of Perpetual Woe just continues to argue with people? Why? She asks, "Why don't people help us?" RAAAAAAACE!!! Don't worry about trying to find help. You're supposed to find the pit stop on your own, not depend on a taxi driver!!!! She's so infuriating!!!!!

Felt bad for the Guido's. I'll miss them.

And have we ever had a case of people leaving the pit stop while others were still heading there? I didn't take my Ginko today. I'm not remembering much. ;-)
KenF
taking a detour

Postby LFBNick on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:07 pm

First season, the last two legs. ^_^
LFBNick
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby M. Darcy on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Aw, I'll miss the Guidos.

I am really not happy that they went to the Camp. I just feel its inappropriate. And, honestly, why do they always have to play the music from Schindler's List when the Holocaust is mentioned.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Talk about being screwed by artifical hours of operation (bus) and TPTB(intersection) waiting for four hours, poor BQs, I bet they are 5 hour behind the leaders now. U & J have really bounced back nicely, however since they are millionaries they should of let Danny & Oswald have the trip. Charla's face plant and trouble with the horse was comic good on the caliber of Colins' broken ox. The horse had to have been turning away Mirna, because of all Mirna's yelling that had to have been spooking him. Mirnas yelling at the taxi driver almost spooked him to, but the cash carrot kept him in line.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby ToniW on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:10 pm

I missed the whole first hour on the phone with my crying sister. I'm going to have to watch it tomorrow, now. At least I didn't miss the Charla faceplant. FUN-NY. Bye-bye, Guidos.
ToniW
fast forwarding

Postby KenF on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:11 pm

That incessant yelling. I had to turn down the volume on my TV. It was awful. And I wish the taxi driver had just drove off leaving Charla & MIrna groveling in their misery.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby leew261 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:12 pm

I thought the visit to Auschwitz was handled pretty well. I don't have any problems with them going there as long as they aren't running around and being ugly Americans. I thought the comments made by the teams after being their were quite poignant.

Mirna was unbelievable tonight. I apologize to Flo for ever thinking she was a bitch, because Mirna is truly the definitive whiny, selfish bitch.

ETA: Are the teams names going to return to normal tomorrow? I hope so, cause I find these fake names really annoying.
Last edited by leew261 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby Tris on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:13 pm

Dammit, I missed this leg! I was at Grandma's and the stupid VCR didn't behave with teh taping. And it looks like I missed a lot-I WANT TO SEE THAT FACEPLANT!

BTW, what happened at Auschwitz? My grandpa had to flee Germany before he got sent to a camp back in WWII.
Tris
taking a detour

Postby miri on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:13 pm

M. Darcy wrote:I am really not happy that they went to the Camp. I just feel its inappropriate.

They've done stuff like this before, though - the slave house in Dakar, the Hanoi Hilton..
M. Darcy wrote:And, honestly, why do they always have to play the music from Schindler's List when the Holocaust is mentioned.
Pop culture has a short memory and remembers that movie more than they remember their history. (Which is why I don't mind them going there quite as much as you.)
miri

Postby DariaG on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:15 pm

I like that they went to Auschwitz. I thought it was a respectful reminder of something important in the midst of the trivia we (and the racers) all get wrapped up in. For the same reason, I liked the visits to Nelson Mandela's prison cell and the site where so many African slaves were shipped off. Also, the Berlin Wall. These things offer perspective.

Which Mirna totally lacks, by the way. She was at her insanest tonight. It was hilarious, but really, why on earth should that cabbie help her? They couldn't make her up in a sitcom, I'm telling you.

And why did Dustin and Kandice think the sausage eating would be a good task? I'm wondering if the clue gave a lengthy time for bagel baking.

Charla in the armor with the horse was hilarious. And I'm sorry to see Joe and Bill go, especially after they got caught up with some of the other teams.

I do think that the All Star teams have a different view of losing, since all but one team on the race did lose previously. They seem to recognize when they've run out of steam, and they seem more accepting of elimination when it happens. Does anyone else see it that way?

PS. I love the revised team names and wish they were permanent! They're so descriptive!
Last edited by DariaG on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby leew261 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:16 pm

BTW, what happened at Auschwitz? My grandpa had to flee Germany before he got sent to a camp back in WWII.

Auschwitz.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby M. Darcy on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:17 pm

the Hanoi Hilton..
Oh, that bothered me too. So at least I'm consistent :-)
M. Darcy
philpostle

Next

Return to Past Seasons