11.6 - We're Going to Trade You for Food Now

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

11.6 - We're Going to Trade You for Food Now

Postby miri on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:16 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby theamazingracer on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:17 pm

That is quite possibly the stupidest episode title since... last week, at least.

But it is one of the worse ones, IMnot-soHO.
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby KenF on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:21 pm

Charla & Mirna first again? Oh, this is harsh. This is tough to watch. LOL.

I was hoping for a huge meltdown from Danielle. Wasn't Flo-like. Oh well.

So sad to see Terri & Eye-an go. I wouldn't have said that in the first episode. But I'm saying it now. They will be missed. *Sniff*
KenF
taking a detour

Postby cutecouple on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:37 pm

I had a hard time watching C&M in the lead, but it was funny when they didn't know exactly what they won.

Terri & Ian - you'll be missed. This was one of the most brutal travel legs I've seen in a while - so much shifting of position.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby Giuseppe on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:40 pm

Aw, sad to see them go, but at least it was due to some airport drama that really was out of there hands as opposed to not racing well. Man, they could not catch a break.

I really hope the "where's Andre?" bit from Danny and Oswald was a clue that they watch Project Runway!
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby leew261 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:40 pm

What a torturous leg for the Guidos and Teri and Ian. That kind of stress would put me over the edge.

It's funny that when Charla and Mirna were with Oswald and Danny they seemed a lot more mellow. Amazing what the spirit of the Cha can do! Speaking of Charla and Mirna, I loved their bewildered reaction when Phil announced their prize for finishing first.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby KenF on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:42 pm

Do you know what a catamaran is?
Huh?
KenF
taking a detour

Postby sls on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:42 pm

Anyone who doesn't know what it is doesn't deserve a catamaran!!
sls
at the start line

Postby Tris on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:43 pm

Guido Edits for Teh Guidos! Miss Teri and Ian already. Loving C/M, O/D, and U/J. Annoyed by E/D.

Next week:

Charla: It's only a flesh wound! I'll bite your limbs off!
Tris
taking a detour

Postby M. Darcy on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Charla is such a proud representative of a Towson education. That was more painful to watch than Mark Antony killing himself on Rome. Man, poor Teri and Ian and Guidos. How many days were they stuck at that airport
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby miri on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:48 pm

How many days did those lagging teams spend waiting in airports? Oye. That was awful for them.
miri

Postby rockhpi on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:50 pm

Oswald was still en fuego this week, Charla and Mirna are entertaining when they're not freaked out, and I was sorry to see Teri and Ian go, much to my surprise. He's a lot more palatable without the drill sergeant chip implanted.

Anyone else feel that in the last two weeks the editors are really signalling early on who will be eliminated? You could guess this one in the first few minutes. I don't really care for this trend...

Decent leg, but really just a boatride, puzzle and toss-at-the-gourd...it felt light.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby corkystclair on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:52 pm

Another completely ridic detour task in this episode. Putting a puzzle together. Sheesh! Thank god we had some good eyebrow action from Phil to make up for it.

I loved Teri and Ian's chutzpah throughout this episode. Even knowing they were last, they gave it their all, including one last "We're coming, Phil!" I'm gonna miss them.
corkystclair
gal friday & clay maniac

Postby LFBNick on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:55 pm

You have to admit, Charla and Mirna did a good job at getting that flight. The only way it helped was they were only in it for first place against Oswald and Danny, and won partially because Oswald and Danny wanted Tanzanian fruit. I laughed at the bench scene, that was funny.

What IS a catamaran?
LFBNick
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby DariaG on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:56 pm

Phil had interviewed that at one point there was a 17-hour difference between first and last. Since the Guidos and Teri & Ian arrived at the pit stop the next morning after the others, this had to have been the leg he was referring to. Poor Phil probably had to nap instead of really sleeping.

Tasks were okay, not great. I loved seeing Charla and Mirna acting like their TAR5 selves again -- they're more fun when they're less paranoid.

And yes, Guiseppe, I'm sure that was a Project Runway reference -- I laughed my head off when the Chas said that.

I liked that the BQs picked the physical task. They're certainly not afraid of working hard.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Next

Return to Past Seasons