11.4 - No Babies On the Race

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

11.4 - No Babies On the Race

Postby miri on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:54 pm

Discuss

(stupid weather warnings interrupted good chunks of the broadcast here)
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby leew261 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:56 pm

Best. Episode. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby KenF on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:56 pm

I know the haters are going to be coming out of the woodwork. Let's hear it.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby LFBNick on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:57 pm

Hmmmm......I still hate the whole "Do a roadblock then walk a little while to the pit stop". I hate the roadblock to be a final thing. Still a great episode though, ROMBER IS GONE!!!!
LFBNick
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby PButtercup on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:58 pm

I am happy that Rob and his smugness is off my TV (for a few days anyway until he finds another reality show), but it would have been even better if he had come in second again.
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby miri on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:58 pm

KenF wrote:I know the haters are going to be coming out of the woodwork. Let's hear it.

As if either side has ever been known for hiding.

I thought it was a pretty boring ep. Perhaps knowing the outcome and the weather interruptions didn't help - but honestly, all the hype about this ep will change the race? No. It was just another average ep.
miri

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:00 pm

CBS please post the letters to racers from the racers on your wewbsite. return of the drive by bitching, I love it! Sorry I'd like for rob & amber to still be in the race instead of Charla & Mirna, they are just hatefull people. Rob is smug and arragent and needed to be knocked down a peg, but at least they are good racers. Yeah for Danny & Oswald for winning, Phil please got Maui with them you'll have a great time.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby leew261 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:02 pm

Yes, please post the letters -- I'd love to read all of what Susan and Patrick had to say to Rob and Amber. It was sooooooo sweet that Rob had to read that right before being eliminated. Hahahahahahaha!
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby KenF on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:03 pm

miri wrote:
KenF wrote:I know the haters are going to be coming out of the woodwork. Let's hear it.

As if either side has ever been known for hiding.

I know. I was being sarcastic. Disappointed Rob & Amber aren't still in it because they stir the pot. I'd rather have them in it than Charla & Mirna who have been absolutely reprehensible in this season. I'm sure after I rewatch TAR5, I'll see them that way as well.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby AnneH on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:04 pm

That was a beautiful ending - Romber gone, and I doubt Charla and Mirna will be far behind.
AnneH
bunched

Postby Tris on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:07 pm

[Columbia yell] YEEEOOOOOWWW! [/Columbia yell]

***tap dances around house, resulting in plumbing faliure and Tris' allowance docked for the next 324 years.***

But I don't care. ROMBER IS GONE!!!

Comment from TrisChimp: UCHENNA AND JOYCE RAWWWWKKK! CHARLA AND MIRNA SUCK! Why is Bama sending a letter to Dustin and Kandice? JOE AND BILL ARE GAY! (Me: Yes, TrisChimp. We knew that. Hey, did you know that they lived in Paris for two years? I didn't!)

PS: Those letters were AWESOME-especially the Susan/Patrick letter to Rombah. I hoped that the letter found them in last place too (YAAAAAYYY!)
Tris
taking a detour

Postby sls on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:08 pm

As soon as Charla/Mirna got their letter I started doing the happy dance!!

Rob should be mortified for losing because of such stupid reasons! Learn to spell, or at least check your spelling before you start rearranging things... Pay attention!! I'm sure he'll have some excuse for why it wasn't his fault, though...
sls
at the start line

Postby rabrab on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:10 pm

Yeah, not seeing what made the monkeys who wrote the promo were thinking, saying it "will change the Race forever." So, one team lied to another. That's not new. Neither is details tripping up a strong team. Neither is a couple of teams working together to the benefit of neither of them. Neither is a team that looks strong going out early. There was nothing in the leg that was Race-changing. There was nothing unimaginable, either.

That said, it was a good leg, and I suspect that for those of us who were spoiled, we did lose something this time, in a way that we haven't on other legs.

Rob just completely lost his edge as soon as he fell out of first place, which I didn't really expect. And he stopped listening to Amber when it happened, as well.

Mirna just needs to go away entirely. I've got a theory about her that I'll put in their thread.
rabrab
TARfly

Postby leew261 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:11 pm

That was incredibly stupid of Rob not to check the spelling of each city. Or perhaps more accurately, it was incredibly arrogant of him. But the BQs were right there with Rob and Amber at that point and they still finished several places above them. Those women sure know how to recover from a mistake.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby beats on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:11 pm

I don't even care one way or the other about Romber leaving. I was hoping for a little more with the "ending you'll be talking about" though.

The letters were fantastic. Best part of the season so far (and it's been an excellent season).
beats
eating, sleeping & mingling

Next

Return to Past Seasons