11.2 - Beauty is Sometimes Skin Deep

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

11.2 - Beauty is Sometimes Skin Deep

Postby miri on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:55 pm

Well, after last week, that felt inevitable, didn't it?
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby KenF on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:57 pm

I'm officially off the Charla & Mirna train. They were so annoying this week. Finally, Kentucky realizes that an alliance is not worth the time.

And Drew just didn't seem to be into this version. Felt bad for him, but I think he was looking forward to being eliminated.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby amelia on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:00 pm

Dammit ! A good leg, but I hate seeing the frats go so soon. Charla, Myrna, and Mary can all shut the fuck up, too.
amelia
yielded

Postby leew261 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:02 pm

Mary is annoyed with Charla and Mirna because they are actually racing? How juvenile. If you're going to annoyed with them, do it because they are irritating as hell.

Why Kevin and Drew went on the race is beyond me. Drew's apathy upon getting eliminated has to be one of the low points in TAR history.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby rockhpi on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:03 pm

It was bad seeing the Frats go but it was worse seeing Drew so miserable and obviously not enjoying himself. Under the circumstances, it's probably good that they went out, but damn you hate to see it.

I loved Uchenna's reactions to Joyce describing her abilities in the cab.

Very cool that there was an actual puzzle (without pieces) for a task!
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby DariaG on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:10 pm

I wish Kevin and Drew hadn't done All-Stars. Drew was clearly miserable the whole time, which was sad to watch. And had they not done it, another "fan favorite" like Ken & Gerard might have been cast. Had Drew been healthy, then I wouldn't be saying this.

And I'm not so sure Kentucky realizes that alliances aren't worth the time. I think they're still astonished and outraged that the other racers aren't interested in having alliances. I thought it was funny when Danny and Oswald made that crack about waiting -- clearly they were thinking of Kentucky.

Good tasks this week -- much better than last week's lame premiere.
DariaG
content witch & strip tease artist
content witch & strip tease artist

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:12 pm

It was bad seeing the Frats go but it was worse seeing Drew so miserable and obviously not enjoying himself. Under the circumstances, it's probably good that they went out, but damn you hate to see it.

Seriously. It kind of made it a win/win or a lose/lose. As long as they're in we get to see them on the TV, but now that their gone, the suffering ended along with they're run. They'll be missed.

Overall, much better episode, although the bickering was a bit too much, especially from Charla and Mirna.
Last edited by SeaBreeze341 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby miri on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:13 pm

DariaG wrote:I thought it was funny when Danny and Oswald made that crack about waiting -- clearly they were thinking of Kentucky.
Or the Chos - per the extra footage, for some reason, Mary keeps calling Danny & Oswald Team Cha-Cha-Cho - oh no you didn't! And I loved the "wait for them" comment. "I like them. But not that much." Heh.
miri

Postby Tris on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:20 pm

With all that talk about the speed limit, I was sure someone was gonna get busted for speeding. Not at all surprised about this weeks elim.

As shown in the preview for next week, I think Danielle might be the new Monica. (It's even the same animal-almost-that they're scared of.) Remind me to pack my earplugs!
Tris
taking a detour

Postby KenF on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:21 pm

Actually, that meltdown reminded me of Kim in TAR10. That has the potential to be unintentionally funny.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby LFBNick on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:31 pm

Tris wrote:With all that talk about the speed limit, I was sure someone was gonna get busted for speeding. Not at all surprised about this weeks elim.

As shown in the preview for next week, I think Danielle might be the new Monica. (It's even the same animal-almost-that they're scared of.) Remind me to pack my earplugs!

They showed the sign about 50 times, shows Drew's stupidity in that situation, no offense. Danielle screaming was sad, she was screaming at the top of her lungs while carrying the bucket!

And did I hear Eric say during the episode he WANTS their relationship to have problems? That's disGUSTing Eric.

(The only season I watched in full was Season 10, I watched bits and pieces of the others. So if names are wrong in any of my posts are wrong, sorry! I was only 2 when the show started, anyway.....)

EDIT: According to wikipedia, the only team to lose ground was Terri and Ian, and the only teams to gain ground were Uchenna and Joyce and Team Guido. I knew lots of positions stayed the same, but 70% it a lot in this situation!
LFBNick
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby theschnauzers on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:45 pm

I think Danielle might be the new Monica.

With that preview, I would have sworn she is the new Flo!

In any event, it was painful to see Drew that bad off (needing oxygen in the pit stop? hacing to drive stick, in so much pain from his back). I appreciate the fact that Drew did it for Kevin (and for the fans) but that was bittersweet.

The other point I'll make for now that the roadblock -- was right out of "The Mole" season one. Tht was one the best roadblocks they've had, worthy of an All-Star season.
theschnauzers
taking a detour

Postby Ryan DeMaster on Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:12 pm

- That Roadblock kicked ass. The best part was, the teams probably didn't get to start it until about 3:00 AM, which meant the teams had been up for close to 20 hours already (Romber started at 7:42 the previous morning). And thus were lacking focus and concentration - exactly what the Roadblock demanded! Awesome.

- Drew left the mat before Phil could even get out "I'm sorry to tell you you have been eliminated from the Race." Has anyone ever done that before?

- I would have been more surprised had K & D not been eliminated, to be honest.
Ryan DeMaster
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby rockhpi on Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:13 pm

What was the deal with C/M, BQs and the cab driver? I understood the idea that if the BQs were going to follow, they should pay half the fare, and they seemed willing, had the offer been made a little more...sanely (Oh yuck-did I actually just take the BQs side for a second?). But then why did they dismiss the driver...why was Mirna handing him MORE money - either Mirna's really nuts or I missed something.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby leew261 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:16 pm

No, you didn't miss anything. She's nuts.
leew261
TARfloozy

Next

Return to Past Seasons