11.1 - I Told You Less Martinis And More Cardio

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

11.1 - I Told You Less Martinis And More Cardio

Postby Rachel RSL on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:47 pm

And we're off!
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby KenF on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:52 pm

I love it! Danny & Oswald have been vintage Cha Cha Cha throughout the episode. So funny.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby corkystclair on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:56 pm

Hey, is anyone else finding it hard to understand what the Racers are saying because the music is really and unusually freakin' loud?
corkystclair
gal friday & clay maniac

Postby KenF on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:03 pm

More follow the taxi? That's got to stop.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby KenF on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:08 pm

Danny describing how he's always wanted to cut someone's nails. That is just great!
KenF
taking a detour

Postby theamazingracer on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:15 pm

More follow the taxi? That's got to stop.

I thought Bert or someone said in an interview that they weren't going to be able to do that this season?
theamazingracer
taking a detour

Postby Giuseppe on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:27 pm

Well crap. My favorite team gone just like that. :::cries:::

But so happy to see Danny and Oswald kicking ass. Oswald was cracking me up. I love him!
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby Abiz on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:28 pm

Not a bad beginning. The teams made more mistakes than I would expect from seasoned racers. David and Mary not asking which plane arrives first was just stupid.

I have to say this episode pretty much confirmed my undying love for Danny and Oswald. And I STILL don't get the love for the frats. They are annoying, and in this case, IDIOTS. Driving on a flat? On that road? They're lucky they didn't get stuck permanently, miles from the detour.

And Rob and Amber aren't nearly as charming as they think they are.
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby jurassic5 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:29 pm

the guido's calling Ian a crotchety old man. haha not sure if they looked in a mirror lately, but they're not exactly the fountain of youth.
jurassic5
at the start line

Postby leew261 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:31 pm

This leg seemed particularly rushed, I guess since they had to cram all of the first leg introductions into one hour. If it hadn't been All-Stars I would have been totally lost.

I still got a chill when Phil started the race, though. :)
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby KenF on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:32 pm

Oswald & Danny are going to be the MVP's of this season. The one-liners from them are going to be priceless.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:34 pm

ramdom thoughts, Rob & Amber newlyweds, my ass! They are going to be a tough team. No eyebrow pop, I feel cheated. I wondor if the guidos commented on Phils Fugly starting line shirt. Hurry for Danny & Oswald, they still have their zen going, and gooid jo fot hose who predicted them having the title quote. Danielle is prettier than ever, I still dislike Eric, but I haver gained more respect for his racing skills. After ten minutes I am already over David & Mary. It was really dumb of them to try and get the blondes on the later plane, because the blondes are always going to be faster. I am actually liking Ian this time around, and Terri's snarkly "were the first team to arrive" had me rolling, glad to see some tongue in cheek humor out of ther racers. Yeah to the guidos for their shout out to Peggy & Claire. I wasn't surprised by charla & mirna turning the wrong way in ther parking garage, if they keep screasming all the time, then they need to get off my tv fast. u & J jusrt don't seem to have a competive fire this time around. I now hate hate hate D & M for grabing the casr away from Kevin & Drew. Speaking of them, Drew sounds sick and with his lack of running I just don't see them going very far. finally liked Jv,, mostly for his comment about america being over rob and amber, and sadly they are they first out. I can't see d & m lasting very long when they loss a footrace to the matt with C&M.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby Tris on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:34 pm

I didn't see Season 2. I've seen 3 on Youtube, and 5 forward, so let me say this;

Me and TrisDad LOVE the Cha. TrisDad loves Oswald's sense of humor.

I think I may have underestimated Kentucky and overestimated the Frats (darn.)

Mirna, SHUT UP. But don't go. You have some redeeming qualities. And by the way, what happened to the Heelies plan? Did it not work out?

And Rombah? UGH. And that ski trip to Whistler is just making me extremely jealous.
Tris
taking a detour

Postby Bart Ender on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:36 pm

I still got a chill when Phil started the race, though. :)

Me too.

Love, love, love the Chas. Brought the snark and the great racing. Still hate David and Mary. Kevin and Drew had a bad leg. Ecuador is nice. I'm real glad I didn't drink every time they said, "Rapido!" And if I was the cab driver and I had Mirna yelling "Rapido" in my ear every five seconds, I'd turn into Cabbie Finito real quick.
Bart Ender
fast forwarding

Postby rockhpi on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:36 pm

Awwww, no-Jill!

First, I'm LOVING seeing these familiar teams mix it up.

Second,it's going to be a tough season to watch because there are very few teams I want to see gone.

But so far, awesome! Boy, Mary sure got over that "I'd rather make friends than win the race" stuff, huh? They did OK.

"I hear you have your own cable channel" - excellent. So far, even Ian and Teri aren't bugging, but give it time. And he did have the hat...
rockhpi
taking a detour

Next

Return to Past Seasons