10.12 - Dude, I'm Such a Hot Giant Chick Right Now!

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

10.12 - Dude, I'm Such a Hot Giant Chick Right Now!

Postby miri on Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:54 pm

Discuss!

(I kept picturing the tomato hating TARflies cowering in the corner during bits of this ep.)
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby yikes on Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:57 pm

Dammit, I was hoping the spoilers were wrong!

Out of all the female teams in this series, knowing that the Lyns are the first ever to make Top 3 is the WORST. NEWS. EVER. And the way the final words were expressed, they might win this. I'll be needing liquid courage to numb that pain.

In short, I can live with the other two winning. Them? That would be worse than Flo, Kendra and the Hippies COMBINED.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby rockhpi on Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:57 pm

I'm pumped-I picked the episode title before I saw it here! :P

Couldn't have turned out better for me! I'm so happy to see R/K in first for once. I felt so bad for Kimberly-that had to be frustrating. The apologies directly after the confrontations - good for you!

The BQs ran a pretty good race but I just did not like their attitudes, their cockiness, their personalities - so happy to see them in last.

I even appreciated Karlyn's apology at the end.

Great episode!
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby KenF on Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:58 pm

I don't know why I thought it was so funny when Kim got hit with tomatoes and screaming in a massive case of Killer Fatigue.

But just goes to show if you stick it out, you can win. Felt bad for the BQ's, but then again, most everyone I root for loses. Alabama is strong. But what is with Karlyn with those faces while Lyn was trying to eat during the roadblock? Very snarky. She did apologize, but Lyn was really angry with her.

Great episode. Plenty of suspense right to the end.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby rockhpi on Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:59 pm

And the way the final words were expressed, they might win this

I was wondering if it's intentional that they kept playing up the "first all-female win" for the BQs on purpose to do the switcheroo for the *lyns after tonight...
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby Giuseppe on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:02 pm

Man, who knew the searching option would be quicker? And it seems to me that the beauty queens would have been eliminated this leg no matter how they did on the last leg simply because of the detour choice.

Boooooooo.

Now I'm imagining people showing up at Stitch armed with tomatoes and pelting the screens when Lyn and Karlyn are on. (Those of us who dislike them, anyway)
Giuseppe
fast forwarding

Postby Tris on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:03 pm

miri wrote:
(I kept picturing the tomato hating TARflies cowering in the corner during bits of this ep.)

***tries to make self as small as possible***

I HATE tomatoes. I love red sauce and they're OK when theyre chopped, but that gel and seeds-YUK!

This is probably the most unmemorable final 3 for me ever since I started watching TAR. Go 'Bama! (Or, just Lyn. Karlyn, SHUT UP!)

PS: I'm taking a detour! Wooo!
Last edited by Tris on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tris
taking a detour

Postby Northwoods101 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:05 pm

[quote]knowing that the Lyns are the first ever to make Top 3 is the WORST. NEWS. EVER[/quote] right there with you Yikes.

If they Lyns win I'll be so sad I wili not be able to do a happy dance for months. The BQ gave it a good run,but its har to win when a more atheletic team is gunning for you. It seems to me that R&K were getting a winners edit. I wonder if the Lyns wil stillbe good friends sfter the race. It seems Karlyn doesn't have respect for anybody.
Northwoods101
road blocked

Postby leew261 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:12 pm

Dammit. How disappointing. I don't give a shit which of the remaining teams wins. I don't even know that I'll bother to watch the finale.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby cutecouple on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:20 pm

Note: the interesting thing about Barcelona, is that it's in a province, Catalonia, where the major languages are Catalan and Spanish. So knowing Spanish wouldn't necessarily be a help, and I wonder if it hurt the BQ's.

Otherwise, the remaining teams are competent, but not particularly compelling. I find the mouthiness and emo to be wearing. I'll watch the finale though.
cutecouple
bunched

Postby valjean615 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:21 pm

The Tomato throwing was fun! That was about the only good thing about tonight.

Drat. The BQs did run a good race, but various things just did them in. Now I guess I'm going to root for Rob and Kim to win it next week. I mean, it seems like they have been getting better with each other despite the meltdown that Kim had, which was ear piercing, but at least they were aware of what happened afterwards and were apologetic.

The Addicts are just another alpha male team and if they win, I won't be utterly disappointed. Though, someone will need to wake me up from how bored I will be.

If Lyn and Karlyn win, I'm not sure what will happen. We'll see next week at Stitch.
valjean615
bunched

Postby PButtercup on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:23 pm

I kind of hope the Lyns win the whole thing.They are definitely not into Flo territory for me and I did not like Dustin and Kandice at all.
PButtercup
road blocked

Postby Mama Tiger on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:23 pm

I'll be okay with anyone but that bitch Karlyn winning. She makes Flo at her harpy-est look like an angel of light and happiness.

We were laughing our asses off at Kimberly freaking, too. But I understand how she felt; Rob just wasn't listening to her.

Who would have thought that the farther-away needle in a haystack detour would be the fastest one? And choosing a needle in a haystack detour this late in the game? Crazy. I guess they had lots of clues hidden in the tomatoes.

This is turning into a really blah race. I'll be glad for it to be over; I'd like to have a team to love again.
Mama Tiger
scary TARfly

Postby SeaBreeze341 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:27 pm

PButtercup wrote:I kind of hope the Lyns win the whole thing.They are definitely not into Flo territory for me and I did not like Dustin and Kandice at all.

I don't like the Lyns at all, but I'm with you; so not into Flo territory. Also agree with waiting for this to be over, Mama Tiger. But I had to laugh at the tomato task. Nice to see Rob/Kim pull through despite their performance.
SeaBreeze341
fast forwarding

Postby Ryan DeMaster on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:31 pm

Your Stat of the Day:

Not only are Bama the first all-female team to reach Final Three, they're also the first team of any gender with no leg wins heading into the Final Three.
Ryan DeMaster
eating, sleeping & mingling

Next

Return to Past Seasons