10.11 - We Won't Just Die, like Roaches

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

10.11 - We Won't Just Die, like Roaches

Postby miri on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:55 pm

Discuss!

(One thing I can't stand? Teams who say that the fact they were yielded speaks to the poor character of the yielders when they were damn ready to do some yielding themselves.)

(Just had to get that off my chest.)

What in the hell did Rob and Kimberly do to a car in their previous lives?
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby KenF on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:59 pm

Miri,

You're absolutely right. Everyone is ready to yield, but when they get yielded, they cry like babies. Did Karlyn actually flip the BQ's off? That was classless. At least Lyn said it was dirty to do that. I have to rewatch the DVD as I was on a phone call and I couldn't hang up.

Rob & Kimberly have no luck with cars. I just feel they're going to lose because of a breakdown.

I loved the chariot race. This was a very good episode. This was suspenseful all the way. Definitely Emmy-worthy.

But 'Bama, especially Karlyn has got to stop complaining and it looks like Lyn tells her off next week.
Last edited by KenF on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KenF
taking a detour

Postby Abiz on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:01 pm

Heh. Yeah, Karlyn did a bunch of annoying things in this episode. I agree that lambasting and then flipping off someone for yielding you when you were about to do the same thing to them? Kind of hypocritical.

Invoking the "maybe God wants us to win" idea was pretty icky, too.

They're actually good navigators and make smart decisions, if they'd just quit the trash talk and raaaaace.
Abiz
taking a detour

Postby yikes on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:01 pm

As I said to people in chat, I am VERY tempted to bitch like a Lyn TO a Lyn at TARCon. But since I don't want to get booted, I won't take my chances. But yeah....Karlyn, you ARE a roach. You don't die and you do indeed, bug.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby rockhpi on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:01 pm

UGH the yield is bad enough but a yield on a NEL-urgh. In addition, although I don't care for Karlyn, I did want to see them yield the BQs, and they would have if not for a stupid bunch.

Again, it seems very much like Lyn is just fine-Karlyn is 98% of the problem on that team. And I did hope that they'd make it in front of T&J just so they could say they made 1st after being yielded - does anyone know if this has happened before? I missed seasons 2-5.

Wow-Kimberly really loses it next week. However, it was in the preview so they'll probably go to the final 3 - yay!
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby leew261 on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:02 pm

(One thing I can't stand? Teams who say that the fact they were yielded speaks to the poor character of the yielders when they were damn ready to do some yielding themselves.)

That's just what I was going to say. Freakin' hypocrites. I so hope that Team Bama is gone next week -- I can't stand them.
leew261
TARfloozy

Postby miri on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:02 pm

They're actually good navigators and make smart decisions, if they'd just quit the trash talk and raaaaace.

Exactly. They are smart racers and that's why I find their attitudes so frustrating!
miri

Postby MamaB on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:02 pm

Rob and Kimberly - I keep thinking they are going to get eliminated because of car trouble.

The Yield - Bama needs to STFU. Seriously. They were totally ready to yield the Beauty Queens, so they need to quit whining. I am sick of hearing the Beauty Queens calling them "The Sistas" though.
MamaB
yielded

Postby rockhpi on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:03 pm

And ANOTHER breakdown for R&K? Ridiculous!
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby avalonlee on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:05 pm

The lyns were particularly ugly today. They were planning on yielding the BQs, then Karlyn has the gall to flip off the BQs for doing exactly what they were going to do. I am SICK of hearing how God wants them to win. He doesn't. They have the potential to be SUCH good racers but they are too busy being ugly and hypocritical to prove it.
avalonlee
the world is waiting

Postby yikes on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:06 pm

Rob is like a guy I know at work: was not meant to drive a car (the guy at work has been in 2 motorcycle accidents AND a car accident since May.)

If they actually win, I will call it the WORST. WINNERS. EVER. At least with the others ones I loathed (hippies, KKKendra), they were at least competent the whole way through. These ladies? Only got their act together in the past 3 legs and that was a slow progress.
Last edited by yikes on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby Bart Ender on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:06 pm

This was a really good, but not great, episode. There were a lot of changes in position where good racing was rewarded - enough to overcome a yield.

The Lyns are the Terell Owens of race teams. And they need to STFU now.
Bart Ender
fast forwarding

Postby avalonlee on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:07 pm

What in the hell did Rob and Kimberly do to a car in their previous lives?

Apparently, according to Bama, they must have violated a chevy or something.
avalonlee
the world is waiting

Postby Tris on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:08 pm

Well, I can't say I'm disappointed. I loved the chariot task, but the detour was sort of meh.

I am losing patience with Karlyn, not so much Lyn. I think 'Bama is surviving on pure LOE. (They're evil. But I don't hate them. Can I do that?)

And next week-tomato throwing. Nice. Oh, wait-tomato throwing and Killer Fatigue! This is gonna be good.
Tris
taking a detour

Postby KenF on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:10 pm

rockhpi wrote:Again, it seems very much like Lyn is just fine-Karlyn is 98% of the problem on that team.

Agreed. Lyn is the one who seems level headed while Karlyn is just so snarky. Why flip off the BQ's? What purpose does it serve? Everyone who has been yielded gets mad when that team knows that they would do it when they had the opportunity.

The only ones who knew it was coming were Adam & Rebecca in TAR 6 and even then, they argued.
KenF
taking a detour

Next

Return to Past Seasons